TOPS Markets

Relevance Date Difficulty

Pharmacy Manager Interview

Pharmacy Manager

Interviewed at TOPS Markets

Interview Details – Needed person really bad opening rural location. Not sure if any other candidates interviewed. Put pharmacy in existing store at far back corner hardly anyone knew I was there. Business never really took off even when new store was built and pharmacy was moved up front. Every year asked for marketing suggestions for pharmacy when chain has a marketing department.

Interview Question – Don't remember any difficult questions   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Bakery Clerk
Williamsville, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TOPS Markets in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and a couple of weeks later got a called to come in for an interview. I had the interview with a woman in HR (Patty) and she was very nice. The "interview" was basically her talking about TOPS and their union and she asked me about my availability, school, and she had me signed a paper for a background check. I told her about me going to school for baking and she asked me if I had any experience in decorating. I didn't but I did in scratch baking, which she was impressed with. I told her about me having 2 jobs and she said that was fine and that they were really flexible. (2nd job is at American Eagle which I did a review on) At the end she told me that she would talk to the bakery manager and that I will get a call if I got a second interview. A week later, I received that call and went in and spoke to the bakery manager. Again the "interview" was mainly her talking about the job that I would be doing. When that was over, Patty said that I would be getting call about when to come in for orientation which I did and is 6/29/14.

Interview Question – Just me listening to both women talk.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation...don't even know how to ;p

Interview Details – Very short and easy
If you are called in for an interview you have the job just be personable and Be consistent with your application and what they are looking for

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Minimum wage unless you have experience you MIGHT get a little more

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TOPS Markets in June 2010.

Interview Details – they reviewed my answers they ask on the online application took about 15 minutes. they also asked why i wanted the position and when im available to work. simple questions like that.

Interview Question – It was pretty easy overall.   Answer Question

Assistant Dairy Frozen Manager Interview

Assistant Dairy Frozen Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at TOPS Markets.

Interview Details – quick and to the pint

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TOPS Markets.

Interview Details – They will ask you what are your strengths.They will ask if your in school so they can work around your schedule. Basically they will hire anyone since they need people all the time.

Interview Question – Didn't really have to answer any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you have experience you can try to get more money, but they will most likely low ball you.

Assistant Office Manager Interview

Assistant Office Manager
Rochester, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TOPS Markets in May 2012.

Interview Details – I had worked for Tops since I was 19, and had years of experiences in multiple departments. I had applied and interviewed for almost a dozen full time positions over the years, but I was always beat out, until I applied for a job no one else wanted

Interview Question – The most difficult questions were about specific customer interactions. I've dealt with thousands of customer complaints and none stood out from the rest when I interviewed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate the pay rate, it was set my the union contract

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TOPS Markets in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call a few days later to come in for an interview. Came in later in the week for said interview and experience a standard interview procedure. Everything was very clearly laid out and easy to understand. Come prepared with experience in retail because it will help you out immensely.

Interview Question – All questions were very straightforward.   Answer Question

Tonawanda, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TOPS Markets in December 2009.

Interview Details – Minimal, easy, short.

Interview Question – Tell me something about yourself.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None, part time job.

Seafood Clerk Interview

Seafood Clerk
Orchard Park, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TOPS Markets.

Interview Details – You submit a application online and get a call back within a week to schedule an interview. When you come in you get asked basic questions about availability, previous experience etc. There are no real difficult questions and you are almost guaranteed a job. They then ask what department you want to work in. After that you schedule and orientation date. For the orientation you come in to view a video, sign some papers and get your schedule for the first week. You also get a tour of the store and are told about lunches and breaks and punching in.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, I was just really asked what position I wanted   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation everything is based on the pay scale in the union hand book.

Worked for TOPS Markets? Contribute to the Community!