TOPS Software

Very Easy Interview

MVP Account Manager Interview

MVP Account Manager
Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TOPS Software in November 2011.

Interview Details – This was one of the most convoluted, disorganized interviews I have ever been on. My interview consisted of conversations with two of the managers and the company owner. This is an extremely small company (less than 15 employees), so I understand it isn't going to be as structured as a larger company.

The first manager I met with focused on two anecdotes I used when responding to her interview questions and focused on those the entire interview instead of asking additional questions. She also did not do a very good job of answering the questions I had. When asked about turnover at the company, her response was "it's high." I guess that's honest, but it just seemed strange to me. She also admitted that due to the size of the company, there really weren't true opportunities for advancements or promotions, which is a big red flag. How long can you stay at a company with no room to move to other positions?

The second manager I met with was a little better about sticking to a standard interview format. He asked your run-of-the-mill interview questions, none of which were difficult to respond to. Most were straightforward "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type of questions. No real curveballs.

The final interview was with the company's owner, and this was the biggest joke. He pretty much admitted he relied solely on the feedback of the other two interviewers, didn't ask any real interview questions, and spent the majority of the time talking about his past and how great he is, how he doesn't like entitled people, people who don't like to work, etc.

In the end, I received an offer, but felt like accepting the opportunity would have been a mistake for me. I just didn't feel good about the direction of the company, and the interview and offer didn't give me confidence that I'd be working somewhere with room for growth.

Interview Question – Impromptu math question   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Starting salary not competitive, no room for advancement within company

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

MVP Customer Relations Account Manager Interview

MVP Customer Relations Account Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TOPS Software in June 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview first, then came in for a face to face interview. I'll be honest, they were totally unprofessional and rude. One person responded to the question "what sort of room for advancement is there?," by telling me that I would get paid more money. Another interviewer thought it was fun to put me on the spot and ask me math questions even though it had nothing to do with the position, and the owner of the company thought it would be cool to curse during the interview. If you are a professional looking for a real job, don't waste your time.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Not the field I want to go into, and the offices were not very nice, and didn't seem like a good place to work. There is really no opportunity to move up, this is a small operation, they sell one type of software and will always be a small company. Also, the owner will probably retire soon and will probably sell the company, so why invest part of your life in that?

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TOPS Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TOPS Software interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by TOPS Software employees and interview candidates.