TOTAL

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TOTAL in January 2008.

Interview Details – Round 1: Interview on University Campus - Boston (Fall 2007)
Personality check, motivations, general background, etc.
Proposed 3 different profiles (drilling, process, operations)

Round 2: Paris (January 2008) - External Company (Third Party)
Personality check , HR, behaviour check, etc.

Round 3: Paris (January 2008) - Same day as that of Round 2 - Company HQ
3 Interviews - Panel of people from HR, Operations, Process
General questions on my technical background, thesis, why oil and gas, etc.

Offer received in March 2008.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to become a specialist in a particular field or a generalist leading to some management position?   View Answer
  • Do you have an offer from other oil company?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to work in oil and gas industry?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Since I was a fresh graduate and it was my first job, I hesitated to negotiate.

Engineering Interview

Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TOTAL in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a panel comprising of a few departmental heads. The questions asked were technical. What happens to hydrocarbons when they escape into the atmosphere. What is fire point and flash point? What is the second law of thermodynamics? Alternative sources of energy? What is NDT (non destructive test)? I was handed a diagram showing different tanks and pump configurations then asked to choose which is the best position for placing the pump to move fluid from one tank to another. FInally I was asked what safety meant to me.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at TOTAL

Worked for TOTAL? Contribute to the Community!