TOTAL Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.9

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by HR shortly thereafter. After one phone screen I was brought in to meet with the VP and some colleagues. The next round was with the CEO. The final interview was by video with the department head in Paris. An offer came shortly after. The whole process took less than 2 months from application to start date. That is uncommon. I have seen Total take 6 months to decide on a candidate.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very difficult. They want to see that you have done your research on the company, can do the job, and most importantly, are a fit with the culture since French companies are a bit different than those from the U.S.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They came in over their stated expected range so there was no negotiation

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

I have applied through my school career fair, and company interviewed around 60 people, only 3 people got the offer. I sent follow-up and thank you letter but I've never get back any news from them from 4 months ago.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions asked, such as conflict with boss and team working and leadership situation.   1 Answer

Application

interviewed at TOTAL in May 2014.

Interview

Straightforward and easy. Two interviewers, one expat. Lasted for about an hour. Liked it a lot. There was no question that I didn't know the answer to. I strongly recommend applying to the company.

Research Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 on site. Based on your resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TOTAL in November 2013.

Interview

I applied on the web portal and was contacted 3 weeks later by e-mail to plan a phone interview.
    Regular question about my previous experiences and about my mobility and motivation to join them.
    Usually this is followed by a face to face meeting that I could avoid by being abroad.

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TOTAL (Houston, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with Manager. Team interview on site. Very relaxed. Profressional. Specific to my job and experience.

Interview Questions

• What would I do to help/improve/motivate   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fairly easy. Not much room for negotiation...but fair.

Consultant Freelance Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business

Interview Questions

• N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was through Skype due to time difference between the US and Aberdeen, Scotland. Questions were relatively easy, just related to experiences on resume.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL.

Interview

Applied online via the Total Careers website portal for the post. Received a response a few weeks after applying for the post, was contacted for an interview at the Total Offices. However, a phone interview was done instead.

Back Office Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TOTAL (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very straightforward interview process. The questions were basic, they just wanted to know what you know about the company and asked about your skills. I initially had a phone interview, then I was asked to do online tests (numerical, verbal, and personality). After successfully passing both of these stages I was invited to an assessment centre in London