TOTAL

31 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Advisor Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Manager. Team interview on site. Very relaxed. Profressional. Specific to my job and experience.

Interview Question – What would I do to help/improve/motivate   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Fairly easy. Not much room for negotiation...but fair.

Consultant Freelance Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview Details – N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business

Interview Question – N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Reservoir Engineer

Interviewed at TOTAL

Interview Details – Interview was through Skype due to time difference between the US and Aberdeen, Scotland. Questions were relatively easy, just related to experiences on resume.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at TOTAL in September 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process is quite transparent. The first step usually involves an external consultant saddled with the responsibility of carrying out the selection process. At this stage, oral interviews and perhaps written tests (for entry level/fresh graduates) are conducted and successful applicants and pooled for subsequent interviews/screening. On successful completion of this process, the successful applicants are then sent to the company for further interviews. First, is the HR interview, followed by the departmental interview and finally an interview with the Head of the Division for which the applicant is being recruited. Successful applicants are asked to go for a comprehensive medical test prior to being given an offer for employment.

Interview Question – What makes you feel you are the best candidate for this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Quite frank; I was able to get an offer a little above my expectation.

Safety Engineer Interview

Safety Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview Details – telephone interview based on my cv, very relaxed

Interview Question – average questions, was very laid back   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Graduate Trainee

Interviewed at TOTAL

Interview Details – very quick. one phone interview directly with people from the team.

Interview Question – none. only questions about my Education, school and and skills.   Answer Question

HPC Engineer Interview

Neuilly-sur-Seine (France)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TOTAL in October 2013.

Interview Details – First round of interview withe recruiter

Interview Question – She kept on asking me to detail my weakness and my limitations. She focused on negative side. Lost control of the interview.
A three page essay questions to answer in French. 1 personality test. 2 IQ tests.
  View Answer

Senior Planning Engineer Interview

Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TOTAL.

Interview Details – A collegue asked me to submit my CV for the position. I was called almost 3 months before they called me for an interview. I was called by the end user. The interview was conducted by
three interviewers, they are the end user and his 2 higher managers. No theoritical or technical questions they asked. They just asked me to tell the experiences in handling my work.

Interview Question – I did not find any difficulties.   Answer Question

Billing Executive Interview

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at TOTAL in June 2013.

Interview Details – All simple questions and some questions about the pivot table

Interview Question – gdp rates   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TOTAL in August 2010.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, very friendly

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Interviews for Top Jobs at TOTAL

Worked for TOTAL? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TOTAL interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by TOTAL employees and interview candidates.