TOTAL Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.9

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL.

I applied online and was contacted by HR shortly thereafter. After one phone screen I was brought in to meet with the VP and some colleagues. The next round was with the CEO. The final interview was by video with the department head in Paris. An offer came shortly after. The whole process took less than 2 months from application to start date. That is uncommon. I have seen Total take 6 months to decide on a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were very difficult. They want to see that you have done your research on the company, can do the job, and most importantly, are a fit with the culture since French companies are a bit different than those from the U.S.   Answer Question
    They came in over their stated expected range so there was no negotiation

Chemical Engineer Coop Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TOTAL.

I have applied through my school career fair, and company interviewed around 60 people, only 3 people got the offer. I sent follow-up and thank you letter but I've never get back any news from them from 4 months ago.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions asked, such as conflict with boss and team working and leadership situation.   View Answer

Senior Procurement Specialist Interview

interviewed at TOTAL in May 2014.

Straightforward and easy. Two interviewers, one expat. Lasted for about an hour. Liked it a lot. There was no question that I didn't know the answer to. I strongly recommend applying to the company.

Research Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL.

2 phone interviews and 1 on site. Based on your resume.

Subsea Engineer Assistant (HQ) (Position) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TOTAL in November 2013.

I applied on the web portal and was contacted 3 weeks later by e-mail to plan a phone interview.
    Regular question about my previous experiences and about my mobility and motivation to join them.
    Usually this is followed by a face to face meeting that I could avoid by being abroad.

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TOTAL.

Phone interview with Manager. Team interview on site. Very relaxed. Profressional. Specific to my job and experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would I do to help/improve/motivate   View Answer
    Fairly easy. Not much room for negotiation...but fair.

Consultant Freelance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TOTAL.

N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business

Interview Questions
    • N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Interview was through Skype due to time difference between the US and Aberdeen, Scotland. Questions were relatively easy, just related to experiences on resume.

Scholarship Interview

I applied online and was called by phone for an interview. The interview was standard asking about the evidence for the various skills needed in the industry. It was also asked why I applied and my long term goals. Finally, I was asked to come up with 10 uses for a blank paper that don't include any conventional uses for a paper.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were okay, I wouldn't say there were any difficult questions.   Answer Question

summer school Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Employee in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)

Shortlisted while I was an intern. Took an exam (aptitude test on numerical and verbal reasoning). After passing, was flown to Port Harcourt for interviews.
    Interviews included An assessment within a group and a presentation of a topic assigned to you within 5 minutes. Then a test of your knowledge on the company.

Interview Questions
    • Pls tell us why we should pick you ahead of the others.   View Answer