TOTAL

TOTAL Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

Sédimentologue (carbonates) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TOTAL.

Test extérieur et entretiens psychologiques, entretiens en interne avec des conseillers techniques, directeur des ressources humaines et gestionnaires de carrière.

Outsourced test and psychological interviews, internal interviews with technical advisors, HR managers and career managers

Interview Questions
    • Êtes vous prêt à partir n'importe où en tant qu'expatrié avec votre famille ? (c'est à dire aussi bien au Nigeria)

Pour les femmes, projetez-vous d'avoir des enfants dans un futur proche ?

Are you ready to go anywhere for an expat with your family? (means Nigeria included)
      For women, do you project to have children soon,

Answer Question
    Pas de négociation.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at TOTAL in October 2011.

Got the interview through my university's career website. Interview was frustrating because the kept repeating the same questions in different ways. Emphasized on projects and had a lot of behavioral questions. Be prepared! Also asked a technical question. Interview was supposed to be 25 minutes, lasted an hour!

Oil and Gas Pipe Repairman/Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Terengganu (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Terengganu (Malaysia)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TOTAL in August 2012.

I was called for an online interview with total.com after they reviewed my resume / CV posted online. I was given 28 questions which are very hard to answers. Most of the questions are about my previous job.

I have went through a number of interview sessions before and the most important is we must be presentable,good-looking and well-prepared to attend the interview session.

Some of the people at the interview sessions are very nice,soft-talking people,very helpful.and we should know that it is shown who they really are at work. So we should be able to be like them while at work,at least.

It shown to us, a good employee will always good to everyone. Mostly they have a good communications among them,guests / clients and able to handle any situations. These are their work culture that we must absorb.
    Plus,they also have a nice office and enviroments

Interview Questions
    • Please always be prepared of unexpected question...especially regarding the role you play. So be focus on your responsibilty.
       I was asked about how to work with difficult persons and those who have different views of opinions.I was also being asked if there are an arguement with other colleagues on what decision to be made in related job,
      What justification / criteria should be take into account to handle the situations.

View Answer
    No negotiations will be entertained as all the compesations and other benefits offered are very good.If you agree with their offers,take it.

Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL in March 2010.

Participated in Total's recruitment drive 2009. Interview consisted for written tests and 2 face to face interviews, one technical and other by HR. I successfully cleared the interviews and written test. Total forwarded me confirmation on the success. After one week this company did a 180 degree turn.

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TOTAL in March 2008.

Affter CV was accepted, I was personally contected and updated on any progress of my application. At the interview, there was very welcome environment. Started with a few HR questions about my behaviour and attitude. Then reservoir manager asked questions about the work and skills. Filled three tests for intelligence, skills and psychological. Tests seemed to be easy to do.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose reservoir engineering?   View Answer
    • What is the difference between material balancee and simulation? Where do you use one against another?   Answer Question
    Be open and honest with Total. What they offer is a good reflection of what you can do in the company.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TOTAL in September 2010.

The hiring process is quite transparent. The first step usually involves an external consultant saddled with the responsibility of carrying out the selection process. At this stage, oral interviews and perhaps written tests (for entry level/fresh graduates) are conducted and successful applicants and pooled for subsequent interviews/screening. On successful completion of this process, the successful applicants are then sent to the company for further interviews. First, is the HR interview, followed by the departmental interview and finally an interview with the Head of the Division for which the applicant is being recruited. Successful applicants are asked to go for a comprehensive medical test prior to being given an offer for employment.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you feel you are the best candidate for this job?   View Answer
    Quite frank; I was able to get an offer a little above my expectation.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at TOTAL in September 2010.

I applied for a job as a contractor in the human resource department and I was subsequently called for an interview. The interview went well enough; the company representative was polite and asked relevant questions. I was told I would be contacted by the contracting companies to choose who I wanted to represent me. Therein lay the problem. I received 10 different propositions from different manpower organisations basically in a tussle to handle my contract. I feel the company, Total, should clean this up abit. It just felt really messy and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

I got another fulltime position with another O&G Coy.

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL in September 2008.

Phone interview, face to face interview with panel of interviewers, one on one with line manager and presentation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Research Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL.

2 phone interviews and 1 on site. Based on your resume.

Safety Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at TOTAL.

telephone interview based on my cv, very relaxed