TOTAL Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

Subsea Engineer Interview

Normal interview with the HR, with the normal questions for an intterview... more foccused on your ambitions and goals inside the company... and the roles you would like to have in the company...
    followed by an interview with the head of the subsea department with explanations about the subsea department... and some questions about your availability and yourself. As well as your will to join Total.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TOTAL.

Everything started smoothly. I was asked for my CV. The CV was looked through and according to it I was asked questions. About my university and the previous internship I conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I transferred from geological engineering to reservoir engineering.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Coop Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at TOTAL.

I have applied through my school career fair, and company interviewed around 60 people, only 3 people got the offer. I sent follow-up and thank you letter but I've never get back any news from them from 4 months ago.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral questions asked, such as conflict with boss and team working and leadership situation.   View Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port Harcourt (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Harcourt (Nigeria)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TOTAL in April 2009.

phone interview, presentation, group panel

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Interview was through Skype due to time difference between the US and Aberdeen, Scotland. Questions were relatively easy, just related to experiences on resume.

Consultant Freelance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TOTAL.

N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business

Interview Questions
    • N/A as I was an independent contractor from another business   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

very quick. one phone interview directly with people from the team.

Interview Questions
    • none. only questions about my Education, school and and skills.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Very thourough

Senior Network and Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TOTAL in April 2014.

Applied via Linkedin and had an initial telephone conversation with HR after 2 weeks. Then a week later attended face to face technical interview in office as mentioned by HR. However no tech questions were asked and round was only meant to know the candidate profile and set expectations of the job role. Few days later got a response that Total would not proceed further with my application as they found other candidate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TOTAL in August 2010.

2 interviews, very friendly

non negotiable

Worked for TOTAL? Contribute to the Community!