TOTAL

TOTAL Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

Senior Network and Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TOTAL in April 2014.

Applied via Linkedin and had an initial telephone conversation with HR after 2 weeks. Then a week later attended face to face technical interview in office as mentioned by HR. However no tech questions were asked and round was only meant to know the candidate profile and set expectations of the job role. Few days later got a response that Total would not proceed further with my application as they found other candidate.

Research Reservoir Engineer Interview

interviewed at TOTAL in March 2014.

Initial communication was through a phone call from their acting agency to arrange a Skype/Telephone interview with HR. Basic HR questions- mainly based on CV- what, why and so on.
    After successfully entering the next stage, the technical interview, that was originally to be held at the Total office in Aberdeen eventually took place through Skype. The reservoir engineering manager at Total GRC, the Head of GRC and a HR personnel were in the interview panel.
    The Questions in technical were mainly based on my publications listed the CV. Nothing overly complicated.

Interview Questions
    • HR personnel asked my expectations of the salary in the first interview.   Answer Question

Safety Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at TOTAL.

telephone interview based on my cv, very relaxed

Graduate Trainee Interview

very quick. one phone interview directly with people from the team.

Interview Questions
    • none. only questions about my Education, school and and skills.   Answer Question

Ingénieur HPC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neuilly-sur-Seine (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Neuilly-sur-Seine (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TOTAL in October 2013.

Premier round des entretiens de recrutement

First round of interview withe recruiter

Interview Questions
    • Elle a continué à me demander de préciser mes faiblesses et mes limitations. Elle s'est concentrée sur le côté négatif. Perdu le contrôle de l'entretien.

Un essai de trois pages, avec des questions auxquelles il fallait répondre en français. Un test de p

She kept on asking me to detail my weakness and my limitations. She focused on negative side. Lost control of the interview.
      A three page essay questions to answer in French. 1 personality test. 2 IQ tests.

View Answer

Senior Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jakarta (Indonesia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL.

A collegue asked me to submit my CV for the position. I was called almost 3 months before they called me for an interview. I was called by the end user. The interview was conducted by
    three interviewers, they are the end user and his 2 higher managers. No theoritical or technical questions they asked. They just asked me to tell the experiences in handling my work.

Billing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at TOTAL in June 2013.

All simple questions and some questions about the pivot table

Intern Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TOTAL.

Everything started smoothly. I was asked for my CV. The CV was looked through and according to it I was asked questions. About my university and the previous internship I conducted.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I transferred from geological engineering to reservoir engineering.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Very thourough

Ingénieur Réservoir Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Garenne-Colombes (France)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Garenne-Colombes (France)

(Translated from English)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TOTAL in November 2012.

J'ai obtenu un entretien après un stage de trois mois. J'ai parlé à trois personnes, un ancien ingénieur réservoir, une personne dans la gestion et le chef de service réservoir. Les questions concernaient mes accomplissements et aussi des choses à propos de mon CV. Il a duré environ 45 minutes. Des questions basiques telles que les raisons pour lesquelles je voulais rejoindre l'entreprise, ce que j'y apporterai et pourquoi je pensais être qualifié pour ce travail.

Had an interview after a three months internship. Talk to three people, one former reservoir engineer, a person in management and the head of the reservoir department. Questions were over my achievements and also stuff from my resume. It each lasted about 45 min. Basic questions as like why I wanted to join the company, what I will bring and why I believed I was qualified for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Les questions étaient toutes très directes.   The questions were all very straightforward.   Answer Question