TPG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director of Finance Interview

Director of Finance
New Haven, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TPG in March 2012.

Interview Details – Started over the phone and continued in two additional interviews one more over Skype with and overseas director and one face to face at the work location. Included behavioral questions and business case based on prior experiences. Required relocation to a location still to be determined at the time of the interview.

Interview Question – Are you willing to do day to day transactional activities despite the fact of your prior experience is at executive level.   View Answer

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate

Interviewed at TPG

Interview Details – I was contacted via a headhunter. Wasn't initially told the name of the firm. Learned it after initial, positive interview with headhunter. Then went in for a one-on-one with the person who I'd be working for. This person and I had previously worked at the same firm but didn't know each other. He was new at TPG and the role he was hiring for was new and not well defined. We spoke for about an hour. I never heard back from him. A few weeks later contacted the headhunter who said he'd liked me but decided to hold off on hiring anyone for 3-6 months. I also recommended a (well-qualified) friend for the position. He also interviewed and also never heard back.

Interview Question – He did most of the talking, which in itself might have been a test. I probably should've been more proactive/aggressive in terms of jumping in with thoughts on how I would help him solve the issues he was facing.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at TPG in November 2012.

Interview Details – There was absolutely no process whatsoever, I was told about the position and started the very next day as a temp.

Interview Question – None   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was absolutely no negotiation, salaries are set in stone.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TPG in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very long interview process. Had 2 interviews each was approx 4 hours in length. TPG definitely tries to match you to the group best fits not only your skills but personality. I can say in all honesty that I am incredibly happy with my placement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They offer so many incentives up front so no wiggle room on salary. Plus its very competitve to get into the company.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at TPG in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was setup by Robert Half.

There was no phone interview but the actual day had 4 interviews with 4 different people and believe me for 4 different positions. Each of the 4 people were managers in their respective departments and the idea was to interview me for 4 different positions (2 staff accountant positions and 2 financial analyst positions) and then figure out which role I am suitable too.

I was pretty surprised for not getting a positive response because 2 out of 4 interviews looked really pleased and another one even told me right there that her answer would be a yes.

Interview Question – What kind of projects did you participate in your previous job?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TPG in February 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process at TPG is a long one. It generally consists of 3 rounds of interviews and about a dozen people. A majority of the questions consist of personality and work ethic type questions. They are trying to find out if you are going to be a good fit within the team. They are more clever than most on how they determine if you actually know what you are talking about.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Accepted offer from another firm.

Worked for TPG? Contribute to the Community!