TPG

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Associate Interview

Operations Associate

Interviewed at TPG

Interview Details – I was contacted via a headhunter. Wasn't initially told the name of the firm. Learned it after initial, positive interview with headhunter. Then went in for a one-on-one with the person who I'd be working for. This person and I had previously worked at the same firm but didn't know each other. He was new at TPG and the role he was hiring for was new and not well defined. We spoke for about an hour. I never heard back from him. A few weeks later contacted the headhunter who said he'd liked me but decided to hold off on hiring anyone for 3-6 months. I also recommended a (well-qualified) friend for the position. He also interviewed and also never heard back.

Interview Question – He did most of the talking, which in itself might have been a test. I probably should've been more proactive/aggressive in terms of jumping in with thoughts on how I would help him solve the issues he was facing.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TPG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TPG Operations Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by TPG employees and interview candidates.