TRADEBOOK Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2014
Updated Sep 30, 2014

3.9

Tradebook Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at TRADEBOOK.

Employee referral and it took +8 months to get a call from a recruiter. Multiple interviews with sales reps, sales managers and finally CEO. Once offer was made, they expected immediate response versus negotation on salary.

Quant Research Assistant Interview

First interview through mobile, about general questions. Second interview on spot, most are technical questions.

Financial Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TRADEBOOK in February 2011.

Skills test about data structures and algorithms and just general programming knowledge. You get to choose which test you want to take (i chose c++). Test gets into a lot of specifics such as exception throwing and error handling to see how much programming experience you have. Unless you have been programming for a few years, the test will be impossible for most people.

Interview Questions
    • There are 5 classes, 3 are inherited, 1 is a standalone. If all these classes are created, at the end of the program, in what order is the destructor called?   Answer Question

Pricing Contributions Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TRADEBOOK in January 2012.

I applied in sept got a phone interview in oct from a lady in India then was asked to come in for a interview in the Dubai office. Interview was good basic questions why bb what you know about bb serves and the terminal. Third round was interview was conducted in arbic by 2 bb employees then a week later was called in for interview was interview by a member of the team and the managing director! Went realllllyyynwell very friendly team.

Interview Questions
    • Why bloomberg what u know about bb? What products bb about the terminal   Answer Question
    • Given the war in Libya how will oil prices change will they go up or down also what financial middle eastern news u been following   Answer Question

C/C++ Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TRADEBOOK in October 2010.

My first round was the phone interview. It lasted for 55 mins. Asked questions ranging from C/C++, Data Structures and Algorithms. Also asked me to write a function to find the height of a tree.
    I guess, I did quite well on it. Got a call for an in-house interview the next day. I had a 2-on-1 technical interview. I thought the interview was tough. The questions were not common and required a solid background in C++ which I dont have. The two interviewers seemed pretty satisfied at the end. They asked me to wait for another interview. But then the HR came over and told me that we were done for the day. I dont know if that means a reject or that means that the second interviewer was not available? Waiting for a reply.

C/C++ Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TRADEBOOK in April 2010.

the phone interview took about 50 minutes. I was asked some basic c/c++ questions. Not very difficult. As long as you have good understanding of c/c++, it is fairly easy to pass. I am expecting further notice.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TRADEBOOK in February 2010.

telephonic interview went well. But the in person interview lasted for about an hour. I have been given a simple problem to determin if a linked list has any circular link. I answered well but the interviewers were tough and it seems they have decided not to hire me. At every sentense I utterred they were arguing with me. The experience was not at all good.
    I was asked to come around 9:30 and take a day off for the interview. I was kikked of within just an hour. I was totally disappointed and decided never to apply here again.