TRADER Corporation

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TRADER Corporation.

Interview Details – Spontaneous.

Negotiation Details – Over the phone and got low-balled at first.

Manager Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at TRADER Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied online and networked. Once the process started, things moved quickly. There was an HR telephone interview followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager, followed by an interview with the next level up, and offer. Everything closed in 3 weeks.

Interview Question – The in person interviews were a little different than at other companies in that they attack your resume. It caught me off guard in the first interview because I thought I said something that offend the hiring manager. When it happened again in the second interview, I just interpreted it as their standard process for interviewing candidates. Once you get through the tough questions, things go back to a more standard interview format.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was some room for negotiations. I think that they start with a number slightly below the market rate. I countered with what I researched to be the market rate and they were accommodating.

Commercial Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TRADER Corporation.

Interview Details – Interview was not so difficult. Only regular question most focused on Excel and Access because I was told that company do not have one good robust system to capture all the information. Most work is Manuel.

User Support Analyst Interview

User Support Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TRADER Corporation in August 2010.

Interview Details – 3 Stage interview process.
HR > Hiring Manager and Senior level employee > Senior Manager

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TRADER Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – Simple phone interview, invited to a two person interview. Pay offered was below what I could survive on and it seemed as the commission scales were abnormally low as well. People that interviewed me both seemed really stressed and they didn't give me a straight answer to my questions. I asked how long people tended to stay in this position and they paused, the HR girl looked at the Sales manager and they said typically anywhere from 1 year to 5+. Sounded like a load of crap to me.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Low pay

Outbound Sales Representative Interview

Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TRADER Corporation in June 2008.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview shortly after my friend referred me to the job. The phone interview was very easy, followed by a 1:1 interview and a spelling test. It was important because I would be hired to write and edit ads. There were a lot of scenario questions and I was asked to pick something on the table and sell it.

Interview Question – Pick something on the table and sell it to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - unionized position.

Inbound Sales Agent Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at TRADER Corporation in September 2009.

Interview Details – over the phone, asked what sales experience i had, why i should be hired for the job, an example of selling techniques used in previous jobs, past job experience, how was I successful in selling

Interview Question – what selling techniques do you use   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TRADER Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TRADER Corporation interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by TRADER Corporation employees and interview candidates.