TRANZACT

Candidate Interview Review

Insurance Sales for TZ Insurance, LLC; A Subsidiary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TRANZACT in August 2011.

The interview process was fairly simple. I responded to a mailing sent out by the company to licensed insurance agents in my State. I sent an email to the email address on the mailer and included my resume. Three days later I was contacted and given a brief phone interview; an interview appointment was set for the following day. An application and interview information were emailed the same day to give me time to complete the app before the interview. When I arrived for the appointment there were additional papers to fill out. The staff and most workers that I observed during a shift change were in the below-45 age group. They seemed friendly and the office was busy. There were others interviewing before and after myself. Dress was business casual. The in-person interview lasted perhaps 20 minutes. I was asked basic questions about why I choose to be in the life insurance field, what my selling style was like and how I would handle various situations with prospects and also with co-workers/supervisors. Be prepared to think on your feet and do some sales role-playing. At the end of the interview there was an opportunity to ask questions so be ready for that, too. After passing the face-to-face, I was given further application/appointment paperwork to complete before leaving. A full background check and other investigative reports will be required. You must also agree to be a captive agent and give up any other Life appointments that you may have.

Interview Questions

After receiving the emailed offer letter, I called the company to ask a few more questions that had occured to me during the days following the interview. These questions consisted of matters relating to the captive agent status and the compensation. After careful consideration, I decided to decline the offer because I didn't believe that it would be possible to make the kind of income that I desire and need to make. Thei mailer had described the possibility of achieving "up to a six figure income". With their current bonus structure and base pay, I doubt that a top producer would be able to make more than 75k annually, and that would be hard to achieve. 50k is more realistic. I figured out that 6 sales/month as an Independent Agent would yield about 3X the paycheck that I'd make in TZ Insurance's call center. You can't even qualify for any bonus pay until your monthly sales hit 40 and your sales meet certain criteria.