TRC Companies Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.2

Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at TRC Companies.

Interview

Met with 4 staff members including several project managers. I was asked general questions about my resume, my experiences, and were mostly about behavioral questions or STAR. It lasted 1-2 hours and was followed up by a phone call from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Questions like how to handle difficult clients, co-workers, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TRC Companies in January 2015.

Interview

Basic interview process...HR contacted me and told me it was part time position with possibly more hours. Hiring personnel contacted me and conducted a phone interview and then invited me to come in for a 1:1 interview....friendly and made me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult. Interviewer was a bit unfamiliar with questions and read from a script.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TRC Companies.

Interview

Interview was not well put together, more or a quick resume review and general questions about how my work history could apply to the position I was interviewing for. Did get a quick walk around the shop and a brief explanation of various probes/sensors as well as the day to day working life.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, just basic questions about being able to work out of town for up to a few weeks at a time.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TRC Companies.

Interview

Seven interviews and no offer for months.

Negotiation

I didnt really negotiate, I was ecstatic as it was a huge increase.

Distribution Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TRC Companies (Washington, DC) in March 2012.

Interview

Very friendly and down to earth group during the hiring process. Smooth transition into company.

Interview Questions

• Did not give additional info or provided info to allow one to expand his or hers horizon in the company. What additional training or schooling needed to excel in this field?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations allowed at the hiring interview. Just will you accept the job or not?

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TRC Companies (Portland, ME) in November 2011.

Interview

I was called in to interview for an open coordinator position. I thought the interview went well, but I was told I wasn't needed. Months later, a position opened, and I interviewed again and again thought it went well. I was called back a third time thinking it was another round of interviews, and it was a job offer.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "do you have any questions" because I didn't want to demonstrate my lack of knowledge of the engineering process. I had no clue what I would actually be doing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

An engineer I have come to know well told me, "whatever he offers you, ask for 10% more" as I was walking in. I wasn't expecting an offer at the time, the dollar amount was there in print, so I signed. No negotiation. The amount was almost exactly what I expected, though 10% more would have been better.