TRUMPF Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2015

2.9

Departmental Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TRUMPF (Plymouth, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

This was a very quick, efficient, and concise interview. The interview was with a group of individuals and was very focused on a particular department that was in need of leadership. Another department manager was involved in the interview and was very concerned in regards to the interactions between the two departments. Both interviewers were very upbeat and open to a detailed dialogue in regards to the position, its responsibilities and their expectations for the candidate. Total process took approximately an hour. The only negative to the interview process was the delay in response and feed back after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to manage people?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TRUMPF.

Interview

Had a face-to-face with two very attractive women. From the get-go it seemed like they were looking for someone with similar previous working experiences in an operations environment. I didn't have any of that so at the end of the interview, I felt like they wasted a bit of my time.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working in an environment where you have to interface with customers and colleagues from different departments on a regular basis?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TRUMPF (Farmington, CT) in July 2014.

Interview

Short and simple, as always HR and managers ask different questions, nothing too complicated to answer, under forty everyone at the table, just limited my answers to what they could comprehend.

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with difficult personalities at the workplace?   1 Answer

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TRUMPF (Farmington, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

2 in person interviews, first with HR and second directly with the hiring manager. Hiring manager was very engaging and took a genuine interest in my skill set, career goals and personality to ensure a good fit. Manager set clear expectations for the position and articulated how success was defined.

Interview Questions

• How do you know you have strong communication skills?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TRUMPF in July 2009.

Interview

I was asked to do a presentation on my previous work experience. After that we went to a fab tour
    and the 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and other senior manager.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TRUMPF in December 2008.

Interview

the interveiw is pretty strait forward. It include a introduction on the company, the department and the job responsibility of the hiring position. I did an overview of my background, including eduction, working experience and my capabilities. Then I answered most of the technical question they want.

Secretarial Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TRUMPF in May 2008.

Interview

During the 1:1 interview which lasted over an hour, the executive interviewing was constantly watching the hallway traffic. Besides the extreme lack of eye contact, the person was sitting facing the hallway for all but the first and last couple of minutes. If this was a test as to how I would react, it sure did not leave a positive or professional impression.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected or difficult question asked?   1 Answer