TRUSTe

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at TRUSTe

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TRUSTe in September 2010.

I have had 4 different interviews in 10 days. 2 were on the phone and 2 were on the site. First, I have been contacted by HR for a preliminary technical interview (Simple java questions, compare heritage versus composition, collections, etc). The second phone interview was with a senior engineer. The questions were more than simple (threading questions, mapreduce framework, interacting with db via java) etc. What is the meaning of "volatile" keyword ? They have a small engineering team, I guess only 3 people. I have been interviewed by 2 on site. This was a blackboard interview about all over java, some questions were DMW-like questions, either you know them or not (or you would get an Illegal exception, if you try to compile the other answer). They also asked me to make a code project on site, in 90 mins. Code an elevator. The last interview was with VP of engineering. Not a technical one, general stuff. They did not make me an offer at the end. The procedure was quite fast and professional. They are expending their team, and I assume they have no precise projects in their minds yet.

Interview Questions
    • Explain "Volatile" keyword. A lot of threading questions.   View Answer
    • Self join with the same sql table, group by, having keyword?   Answer Question
    • Code an elevator simulator in java.   View Answer
    • How do you rate your java knowledge?   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TRUSTe in August 2010.

The phone interview was tackled very badly with rescheduling multiple times. In the end, it was a long interview with an engineer. The person at the end felt that I was "Too Confident" and turned me down.

Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TRUSTe in July 2010.

Everyone was aware of who I was and my experience and understood the value I could bring prior to meeting with me. The interviewers were serious and in need of my skills but friendly and very open with any information. I was never nervouse and never asked irrelevant questions. I was hired and start tomorrow so the whole process was 8 days. This is very exciting being a recruiter as I can feel confident that for the right candidate the process is tight and fast!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience in recruiting sales people for the SMB market?   View Answer
    Was very smooth. I am honest and straightforward as they were. Be honest, and avoid negotiation by addressing salary at the beginning, middle and end of the process. The number can change depending on the percieved mutual value you bring to the company.