TRUSTe Java Developer Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at TRUSTe

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TRUSTe (San Francisco, CA) in September 2010.

Interview

I have had 4 different interviews in 10 days. 2 were on the phone and 2 were on the site. First, I have been contacted by HR for a preliminary technical interview (Simple java questions, compare heritage versus composition, collections, etc). The second phone interview was with a senior engineer. The questions were more than simple (threading questions, mapreduce framework, interacting with db via java) etc. What is the meaning of "volatile" keyword ? They have a small engineering team, I guess only 3 people. I have been interviewed by 2 on site. This was a blackboard interview about all over java, some questions were DMW-like questions, either you know them or not (or you would get an Illegal exception, if you try to compile the other answer). They also asked me to make a code project on site, in 90 mins. Code an elevator. The last interview was with VP of engineering. Not a technical one, general stuff. They did not make me an offer at the end. The procedure was quite fast and professional. They are expending their team, and I assume they have no precise projects in their minds yet.

Interview Questions

• Explain "Volatile" keyword. A lot of threading questions.   1 Answer
  • Self join with the same sql table, group by, having keyword?   Answer Question
  • Code an elevator simulator in java.   1 Answer
  • How do you rate your java knowledge?   1 Answer