TRW Automotive Interview Questions in Detroit, MI

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TRW Automotive in February 2014.

Got a call from a head hunter who set up a phone interview. Talked to the hiring manager and a senior software engineer about my background, current job, why I wanted to change. I got called in for an interview. I talked to the hiring manager, a couple of other software engineers. They talked about the position and asked questions related to embedded systems, C, C++ etc. They wanted experience with real time operating systems, which I didn't have.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TRW Automotive.

Phone interview then second round office interview. Second round is very informal. Talk about yourself and ask questions kind of a thing

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at TRW Automotive in April 2011.

Friend knew of opening and submitted my resume to engineering supervisor. Two days later got phone interview followed by in person interview one day later. Offer the day of interview a few hours later. This job needed to be filled fast because the previous position was vacated unexpectedly by the engineer who had to deal with family issues. Several contracts for electric power steering gears had to be fulfilled and a castings engineer was badly needed to deal with the many time consuming issues dealing with offshore suppliers.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you are confronted with difficult people?   View Answer
    No negotiation offer came through contract company Addeco

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive in February 2011.

Standard process - Application, phone interview with HR, F2F interview with Dept Mgr

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Every question was straight forward.   Answer Question
    It was a lateral move within the company and therefore specific guidelines to follow regarding compensation which set limits to salary and vacation. The initial offer was genuinely the best offer possible.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at TRW Automotive.

The interview was arranged with a recruiter. The initial phone screen was held, and they had a management issue, so the interview was repeated 5 months later. After the phone screen I was brought in for an in person interview.
    The interview was very professional and covered my experiences, particularly dealing with customers from different cultures.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not a lot of surprises and they seemed less interested in technical experience as experience dealing with customers, particularly demanding ones. There were a number of scenarios presented and how would you react situations.   Answer Question

Initially, they represented they would come up with an offer in the minimal acceptable range. When the offer arrived, it was FAR below this range to the point I just couldn't justify leaving my current job for this one.

Material Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sterling Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling Heights, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at TRW Automotive in November 2011.

Typical interview questions nothing too hard. I was not informed it would be a panel interview.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at TRW Automotive in August 2011.

The first step in TRW's hiring process is to get recognized by their human resources. Once this happens, you will usually get a call within a few days asking you to set up a one on one interview with managers, chief engineering, program managers, directors, etc. Once this occurs, internally, human resources posts your interview date, and management then sign up for slots to talk with you.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive in May 2011.

The main Interviewer called me almost immediately after I applied to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked some questions from programming language C besides other personal or background related question. He wanted to make sure whether it is worthy to call for the on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was panel interview by four different groups. The questions starts from a very easy one but they can and will go very deep just to see the depth of knowledge. They expect that the candidate will have knowledge for programming, related hardware and industry practices for writing, maintaining and testing codes.

Interview Questions
    • Write codes for the variable that is altered by external control. I did that but the trick was to use proper specifier before the variable declaration so that the variable change its value with immediate effect.   Answer Question

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!