TRW Automotive Interview Questions

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

2.6

Manufactoring Coop Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TRW Automotive.

First was HR interview. Asked general background, and a walk through the resume. Next call was with the project team discussing the project and my work relevance. It was followed by two more calls with the project team. I also spoke with the person who worked on that position for the past year. Then, the in person interview was scheduled.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winona, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winona, MN

I applied online - interviewed at TRW Automotive in July 2014.

The interview process is very lengthy but the experience was a joy. The management and other supervisors were very friendly and upfront about the work and the amount of OT the would probably be needed because of new contracts from FORD. Was taken on more than one tour of the plant and was told that the plant employed UAW workers so that came as a surprise knowing that could be a challenge compared to supervising non union workers. Benefits package was very impressive.

Account Manager Interview

Applied and get contacted through phone inetrview. Had the interview also with the manager along with the recruiter. Very nice, very easy and comfortable. did a follow-up after 2 weeks

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TRW Automotive in February 2014.

Got a call from a head hunter who set up a phone interview. Talked to the hiring manager and a senior software engineer about my background, current job, why I wanted to change. I got called in for an interview. I talked to the hiring manager, a couple of other software engineers. They talked about the position and asked questions related to embedded systems, C, C++ etc. They wanted experience with real time operating systems, which I didn't have.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TRW Automotive.

Phone interview then second round office interview. Second round is very informal. Talk about yourself and ask questions kind of a thing

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saginaw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive in April 2009.

No interview. Only medical checks and drug testing to determine who is hired

Interview Questions
    • There was not an interview process - only medical and drug testing   Answer Question
    There was not one; it was union determined

Customer Quality Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive.

A 1:1 interview at a college career fair at my campus was setup by a technical recruiter. After a 30min lunch interview there, I was contacted about a week later for an onsite interview. This series included 4 1 hour long interviews with various engineers. One was with the head of HR, 1 with Head of Quality, 1 with 2 people: Product Engineering Mgr. and Process Engineering Mgr., and 1 with 2 people: Customer Quality Mgr. and Returns Quality Mgr. An offer was sent out about 3 days later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were about my resume and previous experience. They asked about my 5-10 year plan.   Answer Question
    I was able to get a higher salary and a signing bonus as a result of some polite questions.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive.

Applied and heard back from the HR person in a week. Went through a half hour behavioral interview. Was then scheduled for an on site interview within a week. It was a panel interview for a half hour, followed by 3 different employees (senior manager, team lead and engineer) each interviewing me an additional half hour each. Not bad at all. I liked the company and as far as you know what you are talking, you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • If the boss and the client were to come in with opposite requirements on a product what would you do? What if both your client and your boss are not willing to change their views?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at TRW Automotive in April 2011.

Friend knew of opening and submitted my resume to engineering supervisor. Two days later got phone interview followed by in person interview one day later. Offer the day of interview a few hours later. This job needed to be filled fast because the previous position was vacated unexpectedly by the engineer who had to deal with family issues. Several contracts for electric power steering gears had to be fulfilled and a castings engineer was badly needed to deal with the many time consuming issues dealing with offshore suppliers.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you are confronted with difficult people?   View Answer
    No negotiation offer came through contract company Addeco

IT Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive in February 2011.

Standard process - Application, phone interview with HR, F2F interview with Dept Mgr

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Every question was straight forward.   Answer Question
    It was a lateral move within the company and therefore specific guidelines to follow regarding compensation which set limits to salary and vacation. The initial offer was genuinely the best offer possible.

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!