TRW Automotive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Embedded Software Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TRW Automotive in February 2014.

Interview Details – Got a call from a head hunter who set up a phone interview. Talked to the hiring manager and a senior software engineer about my background, current job, why I wanted to change. I got called in for an interview. I talked to the hiring manager, a couple of other software engineers. They talked about the position and asked questions related to embedded systems, C, C++ etc. They wanted experience with real time operating systems, which I didn't have.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Treasury Analyst
Livonia, MI

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at TRW Automotive.

Interview Details – Phone interview then second round office interview. Second round is very informal. Talk about yourself and ask questions kind of a thing

Interview Question – Some basic IQ/math questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Assembler Interview

Assembler
Saginaw, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive in April 2009.

Interview Details – No interview. Only medical checks and drug testing to determine who is hired

Interview Question – There was not an interview process - only medical and drug testing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not one; it was union determined

Customer Quality Engineer Interview

Customer Quality Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive.

Interview Details – A 1:1 interview at a college career fair at my campus was setup by a technical recruiter. After a 30min lunch interview there, I was contacted about a week later for an onsite interview. This series included 4 1 hour long interviews with various engineers. One was with the head of HR, 1 with Head of Quality, 1 with 2 people: Product Engineering Mgr. and Process Engineering Mgr., and 1 with 2 people: Customer Quality Mgr. and Returns Quality Mgr. An offer was sent out about 3 days later.

Interview Question – All questions were about my resume and previous experience. They asked about my 5-10 year plan.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to get a higher salary and a signing bonus as a result of some polite questions.

Senior Mechanical Engineer Interview

Senior Mechanical Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive.

Interview Details – Applied and heard back from the HR person in a week. Went through a half hour behavioral interview. Was then scheduled for an on site interview within a week. It was a panel interview for a half hour, followed by 3 different employees (senior manager, team lead and engineer) each interviewing me an additional half hour each. Not bad at all. I liked the company and as far as you know what you are talking, you will be fine.

Interview Question – If the boss and the client were to come in with opposite requirements on a product what would you do? What if both your client and your boss are not willing to change their views?   Answer Question

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Washington, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TRW Automotive in April 2011.

Interview Details – Friend knew of opening and submitted my resume to engineering supervisor. Two days later got phone interview followed by in person interview one day later. Offer the day of interview a few hours later. This job needed to be filled fast because the previous position was vacated unexpectedly by the engineer who had to deal with family issues. Several contracts for electric power steering gears had to be fulfilled and a castings engineer was badly needed to deal with the many time consuming issues dealing with offshore suppliers.

Interview Question – What do you do when you are confronted with difficult people?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation offer came through contract company Addeco

IT Support Interview

IT Support
Livonia, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive in February 2011.

Interview Details – Standard process - Application, phone interview with HR, F2F interview with Dept Mgr

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. Every question was straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a lateral move within the company and therefore specific guidelines to follow regarding compensation which set limits to salary and vacation. The initial offer was genuinely the best offer possible.

Senior Supplier Development Engineer Interview

Senior Supplier Development Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at TRW Automotive.

Interview Details – I had a heart beat

Negotiation Details – to good

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TRW Automotive in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, received a phone call less than a week later asking to come in for an interview. Panel interview consisted of 3 engineers and an HR rep and lasted an hour. Questions asking how I would handle certain scenarios and examples of how I've dealt with them in the past.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you used your engineering knowledge to solve a problem for which there appeared to be no answer.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Livonia, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at TRW Automotive.

Interview Details – The interview was arranged with a recruiter. The initial phone screen was held, and they had a management issue, so the interview was repeated 5 months later. After the phone screen I was brought in for an in person interview.
The interview was very professional and covered my experiences, particularly dealing with customers from different cultures.

Interview Question – There really were not a lot of surprises and they seemed less interested in technical experience as experience dealing with customers, particularly demanding ones. There were a number of scenarios presented and how would you react situations.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Initially, they represented they would come up with an offer in the minimal acceptable range. When the offer arrived, it was FAR below this range to the point I just couldn't justify leaving my current job for this one.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TRW Automotive

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!