TRW Automotive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive in May 2011.

Interview Details – The main Interviewer called me almost immediately after I applied to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked some questions from programming language C besides other personal or background related question. He wanted to make sure whether it is worthy to call for the on-site interview.
The on-site interview was panel interview by four different groups. The questions starts from a very easy one but they can and will go very deep just to see the depth of knowledge. They expect that the candidate will have knowledge for programming, related hardware and industry practices for writing, maintaining and testing codes.

Interview Question – Write codes for the variable that is altered by external control. I did that but the trick was to use proper specifier before the variable declaration so that the variable change its value with immediate effect.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Timişoara (Romania)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TRW Automotive in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online for some software developer positions on various companies from Timisoara. I received a phone call one morning from a TRW employee asking me if I can come to a written test 3 days from then. The test had 5 sections and was in English: programming, electronics, testing, automotive and software products life cycle. Some of the parts were really difficult but you didn't have to score high in every section. After that I had an interview at the company site (it comprised a personality test, English skill test and IQ/Intelligence Test). The last interview was with a boss who came from England and after that I received the offer by phone.

Interview Question – Where did I do my internship so far?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The offer was not good enough

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at TRW Automotive

Worked for TRW Automotive? Contribute to the Community!

TRW Automotive Videos

TRW Automotive – Why Work for Us?

TRW Automotive is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world. TRW Automotive's eight product lines include: aftermarket, braking, chassis, commercial steering, electronics, engine components, engineered… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TRW Automotive Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by TRW Automotive employees and interview candidates.