TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
Unclaimed Profile

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It went by pretty quickly but there were other things that I had to do. Such as taking a vision test and color test, and getting finger printed. They asked situational question like, problem and solving questions. It was fairly easy! And the people who work there were very friendly! The hiring process took a long time. It took them 7 months after I accepted the contingent offer to contact me for an Airport Assessment/interview. The medical evaluation took me 4 months, because they wanted to know more about my personal medical history. During the time I waited for the airport assessment, I completed the e86 form, that didn't clear till after my medical evaluation cleared. So I would say so far, the hiring process took me a year and 6 months. Now I'm waiting for the Entry On Duty/orientation. Its a very long process but I think its work the wait.

Negotiation

I haven't gotten that far. However, they don't seem like they will negotiate your salary

TSA OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Easy process. Long training. A month in a classroom.

Negotiation

No negotiation

TSA OFFICER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Easy stuff. Do some tests, easy to pass

Negotiation

No negotiation

TSO (Transportation Security Officer)-Newark EWR Airport Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

The hiring process involves getting a color test, finger prints,background, dexterity, physical and much more then you wait forever to find out if you are in the hiring pool and then you go to another airport and take computer tests, xray tests and bag check tests.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job.   2 Answers

Negotiation

None!

STSO Interview

Interview

submit application for desired location, take image testing and finally f2f interview

Interview Questions

• no questions were unexpected or difficult...image test was most difficult   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Apply online at USAJOBS.GOV, once they contact you you complete computer assessments then you go for an interview then fill out background check information.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult for the interview, honestly. Generic easy questions. My interview was almost 8 years ago, most likely changed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Reading and Spelling test, Pattern Recognition test, color blindness test, drug test, fingerprinting, 10 year FBI background investigation, interview and finally 2-3 months of training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a fellow co-worker do something wrong, what did you do, how did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Overall the hiring process took a while. It took about six months to complete everything.

Interview Questions

• In my opinion there weren't any difficult parts or unexpected question, as long as your smart honest and willing to think about the answers you give everything will fall into place.   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in December 2013.

Interview

It is easy to pass

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Tso Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

If you are a male the process takes an incredibly long time. It will go beyond months to even a year.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You accept what they offer, nothing more.

See What TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Employees Are Saying

Current Transportation Security Officer in Chicago, IL

Pros: “It's a paycheck, some of the benefits are good.” Full Review