TSA (Transportation Security Administration)
www.tsa.gov Arlington 5000+ Employees

Relevance Date Difficulty

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Transportation Security Officer
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details – Overall the hiring process took a while. It took about six months to complete everything.

Interview Question – In my opinion there weren't any difficult parts or unexpected question, as long as your smart honest and willing to think about the answers you give everything will fall into place.   Answer Question

TSO Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details – If you are a male the process takes an incredibly long time. It will go beyond months to even a year.

Interview Question – SSI   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You accept what they offer, nothing more.

Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in July 2011.

Interview Details – The entire process took about 9 months.

Interview Question – I will not consider any of the steps for the TSO position to be difficult. However, you must do some research on how to respond to life experience/situational questions for the interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I was offered the job right after being hired by a law enforcement agency.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

TSA OFFICER Interview

TSA OFFICER

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in April 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process can be very lengthy. After your initial application and if selected you will be required to take an xray and vocabulary test. Expect it to take up to 6 months to actually get an offer of employment. Going by memory it was a two panel interview. There was also a color blind test.

Interview Question – Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is already set. So are benefits. Its a pay scale system like GS

TSO

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in August 2012.

Interview Details – You have to go step by step in order to get the job, just follow instructions. The interview is a structure interview just answer all questions to the best of your knowledge.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Security Manager Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in April 2009.

Interview Details – You will have to submit a very detailed resume through usajobs, can be very frustrating and time consuming, when you are contacted, usually weeks later if you make it through the resume, for a panel interview, the panel will generally be two or three individuals who are currently employed by DHS/TSA. These individuals could very well be your next lead, supervisor, or manager so they can decide right on the spot if they want YOU working for them.

Interview Question – Tell us a time when you were in a situation where two of your co-workers did not get along and could not work together? What did you do? What was the outcome?   View Answer

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Transportation Security Officer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 9 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in June 2012.

Interview Details – Applied in March 2012. Was interviewed 3 months later in person and it went very well and I enjoyed those who interviewed me.. but it wasn't over yet. Had to fill out a frustrating but worth it e86 form for my background check. After I had to get a health check/drug test which was probably the most frustrating part. I had to travel to a clinic out in Jersey and that clinic messed up everything and was delayed a week. I wasn't hired till November by a call and started training in January 2013. So it took almost a year to get the job.

Interview Question – Can you name a difficult situation at the workplace which you had to control chaos?   View Answer

TSO

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details – Conducted a thoroughly investigation in where you worked who are your friends and relatives. Went to local college to take a x-ray image test, vocabulary knowledge skill test, personality test . Two months later I was called to an office near O'Hare Airport. The staff conducted a medical and color blind examination, physical endurance test, finger printing and finally a 2 person panel interview. They asked if I can leave the office for 5 minutes. When I re-entered They gave an offer and I accepted.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate my pay.

TSO Interview

Interview Details – It was a long wait for the interview and when I finally got it the questions were ridiculous.

TSA OFFICER Interview

TSA OFFICER
Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

I applied online - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in January 2013.

Interview Details – Went to an airport assessment at JFK , my appointment was for 10 am , I was there early like I was instructed on my email. It was 1115 am and noone had called me. The 2 TSA agents sitting in the front desk were as ghetto as ever with the long trashy nails and all. Everyone that walked in through the door they had something to say about them , I felt like I was back in high school. The bad vibes I had from the minute I walked in through the door were horrible. Then another tsa agent walked in he was about 400 lbs he was far from professional. I come from a prior law enforcement agency ,this TSA agency is the worse.

Interview Question – I walked out I did not proceed with a interview too Ghetto   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

See What TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Employees Are Saying

Current Anonymous Employee

Pros: “ability to learn new skills.” Full Review

Worked for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by TSA (Transportation Security Administration) employees and interview candidates.