TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov

3.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Everything is easy except the imaging test and interview process. As for the interview, the questions "sound" easy but they expect you to answer what "they" want to hear. It really depends on who is interviewing you. It might be easy for one person but difficult for another. BTW If you are a female, you have a MUCH better chance of passing it. They want to even out the male/female ratio.

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

TSA OFFICER Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Easy process. Long training. A month in a classroom.

No negotiation

TSA OFFICER Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Easy stuff. Do some tests, easy to pass

No negotiation

TSA OFFICER Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in April 2011.

The hiring process can be very lengthy. After your initial application and if selected you will be required to take an xray and vocabulary test. Expect it to take up to 6 months to actually get an offer of employment. Going by memory it was a two panel interview. There was also a color blind test.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a specific example of a time when you used good judgment and logic in solving a problem.   Answer Question
    Salary is already set. So are benefits. Its a pay scale system like GS

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jf Kennedy Ap, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

I applied online - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in January 2013.

Went to an airport assessment at JFK , my appointment was for 10 am , I was there early like I was instructed on my email. It was 1115 am and noone had called me. The 2 TSA agents sitting in the front desk were as ghetto as ever with the long trashy nails and all. Everyone that walked in through the door they had something to say about them , I felt like I was back in high school. The bad vibes I had from the minute I walked in through the door were horrible. Then another tsa agent walked in he was about 400 lbs he was far from professional. I come from a prior law enforcement agency ,this TSA agency is the worse.

Interview Questions
    • I walked out I did not proceed with a interview too Ghetto   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Island City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Island City, NY

I applied online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in June 2011.

hiring process is very long and the interview is a disaster, how do they expect you to answer a question about a field that you don't have experience in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in February 2009.

I applied to to TSA by the website and I received an email to come in for an interview. I would say that it was very easy to get a job within TSA as it is a job that anyone can do. I was interviewed one on one in an office. They ask simple questions alot of no brainers. I got a call about a week later asking if I wanted the position I accepted the position and got my uniform and everything. I had to undergo alot fo boring training watching videos to educate on what to look for in the airport etc.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation they will pay you what they want to pay you.

Worked for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? Contribute to the Community!