TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
  www.tsa.gov

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) TSO Interview Questions

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Tso Interview

there is a credit check, background check, physical check, interview pretty basic but can take up to two years before an offer is made. It is a very lengthy process especially if you are currently unemployed.

no negotiations

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

the interview process was the same as all job interview. Where you come in and seat on front of a person. They ask questions then you would answer them.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation process at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied in-person – interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in May 2014.

Easy process but I didn't receive the airport asestment until a year after taking the CBT. Questions aren't hard at all so nothing to worry about. You sign a form where you agree not to disclose any information but trust me it is not hard.

Tso Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

If you are a male the process takes an incredibly long time. It will go beyond months to even a year.

Interview Questions
    You accept what they offer, nothing more.

Tso Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Conducted a thoroughly investigation in where you worked who are your friends and relatives. Went to local college to take a x-ray image test, vocabulary knowledge skill test, personality test . Two months later I was called to an office near O'Hare Airport. The staff conducted a medical and color blind examination, physical endurance test, finger printing and finally a 2 person panel interview. They asked if I can leave the office for 5 minutes. When I re-entered They gave an offer and I accepted.

I was not able to negotiate my pay.

Tso Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

It was a long wait for the interview and when I finally got it the questions were ridiculous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

My interview was first on phone with a machine that asked questions. After that, mass sweating in, physical tests, and uniform fittings.

Tso Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in August 2012.

You have to go step by step in order to get the job, just follow instructions. The interview is a structure interview just answer all questions to the best of your knowledge.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in July 2011.

The entire process took about 9 months.

Interview Questions
    • I will not consider any of the steps for the TSO position to be difficult. However, you must do some research on how to respond to life experience/situational questions for the interview.   Answer Question

I declined because I was offered the job right after being hired by a law enforcement agency.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in January 2010.

First off you have to pass a computer test that included basic english and math along with x-ray photos that you have a limited time to scan in order to pick out certain objects. all in all test is not difficult.
    If you pass the computer test next is the interview. I hear larger airports give panel interviews but my Oakland airport interview was with one HR employee. Situational questions about how you dealt with normal customer service scenarios in previous jobs were asked.
    At some point you have to take a drug test and tsa conducts a background investigation

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge at work   Answer Question
    no negotiations