TSA (Transportation Security Administration) TSO Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 8 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

the interview process was the same as all job interview. Where you come in and seat on front of a person. They ask questions then you would answer them.

Interview Questions
there was no negotiation process at all.

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Tso Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 12 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

If you are a male the process takes an incredibly long time. It will go beyond months to even a year.

Interview Questions
    You accept what they offer, nothing more.

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in July 2011.

The entire process took about 9 months.

Interview Questions
    • I will not consider any of the steps for the TSO position to be difficult. However, you must do some research on how to respond to life experience/situational questions for the interview.   Answer Question

I declined because I was offered the job right after being hired by a law enforcement agency.

Tso Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 10 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in August 2012.

You have to go step by step in order to get the job, just follow instructions. The interview is a structure interview just answer all questions to the best of your knowledge.

Tso Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Conducted a thoroughly investigation in where you worked who are your friends and relatives. Went to local college to take a x-ray image test, vocabulary knowledge skill test, personality test . Two months later I was called to an office near O'Hare Airport. The staff conducted a medical and color blind examination, physical endurance test, finger printing and finally a 2 person panel interview. They asked if I can leave the office for 5 minutes. When I re-entered They gave an offer and I accepted.

I was not able to negotiate my pay.

Tso Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

It was a long wait for the interview and when I finally got it the questions were ridiculous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

My interview was first on phone with a machine that asked questions. After that, mass sweating in, physical tests, and uniform fittings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in January 2010.

First off you have to pass a computer test that included basic english and math along with x-ray photos that you have a limited time to scan in order to pick out certain objects. all in all test is not difficult.
    If you pass the computer test next is the interview. I hear larger airports give panel interviews but my Oakland airport interview was with one HR employee. Situational questions about how you dealt with normal customer service scenarios in previous jobs were asked.
    At some point you have to take a drug test and tsa conducts a background investigation

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge at work   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Worked for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? Contribute to the Community!