TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
Unclaimed Profile

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Transportation Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2015

2.6

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Interview

Structured interview. Lots of questions (tell me about a time, talk about a difficult situation, how did you resolve a problem etc.) Fingerprints taken same day as interview along with ID and credentials.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went our of your way for a customer/someone at your job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Very tedious hiring process, first assessment wasn't too hard, medical was focused on physical condition and making sure your drug and alcohol free, background inquires and check was intense, training very long and requires at least 3 weeks 5 days a week about 8-10 hrs a day. Before the training you should work through all the steps quickly or you might get dropped and have to wait 6 months to reapply.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you once faced at a previous job abs how you solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Jf Kennedy Ap, NY).

Interview

Pass an Computerized X RAY and English test. Then a panel interview as well as medical and physical test. Also a drug test. Very easy questions if you never been to an interview before. You can think off your head and pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were part of a team and what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

It was long but also shorter than most people's. It took about 6 months. I filled out the online applications, waited....went in for the computer test, accepted my congruent offer, waited.....went in for the medical exam, waited....had the actual interview and a color blind test, waited....Finally received an email and accepted my final offer.

Interview Questions

• They just asked a bunch of general interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Egg Harbor Township, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It went by pretty quickly but there were other things that I had to do. Such as taking a vision test and color test, and getting finger printed. They asked situational question like, problem and solving questions. It was fairly easy! And the people who work there were very friendly! The hiring process took a long time. It took them 7 months after I accepted the contingent offer to contact me for an Airport Assessment/interview. The medical evaluation took me 4 months, because they wanted to know more about my personal medical history. During the time I waited for the airport assessment, I completed the e86 form, that didn't clear till after my medical evaluation cleared. So I would say so far, the hiring process took me a year and 6 months. Now I'm waiting for the Entry On Duty/orientation. Its a very long process but I think its work the wait.

Negotiation

I haven't gotten that far. However, they don't seem like they will negotiate your salary

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Apply online at USAJOBS.GOV, once they contact you you complete computer assessments then you go for an interview then fill out background check information.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult for the interview, honestly. Generic easy questions. My interview was almost 8 years ago, most likely changed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Reading and Spelling test, Pattern Recognition test, color blindness test, drug test, fingerprinting, 10 year FBI background investigation, interview and finally 2-3 months of training.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a fellow co-worker do something wrong, what did you do, how did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Overall the hiring process took a while. It took about six months to complete everything.

Interview Questions

• In my opinion there weren't any difficult parts or unexpected question, as long as your smart honest and willing to think about the answers you give everything will fall into place.   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in December 2013.

Interview

It is easy to pass

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Portland, OR) in August 2012.

Interview

It is a long process that can take anywhere from 3 months to 1.5 years. They want to make sure you are physically, emotionally, and intellectually able to do the job. There are several steps to complete. Do them each as soon as possible to get through the process quickly. Be patient. I had not heard from the TSA for 4 months and thought I had been disqualified. Then they randomly called me one day and offered me a job. This will happen many times throughout the process.

Negotiation

Negotiation was not an option. Everyone enters with the same salary. I would advise anyone who receives an offer to ask themselves why they want the job. If the answer is for a career with TSA, I would advise against it. Most officers are at the TSA to either get retirement or to move into another Federal agency. Almost no one wants to stay there. Everyone on the floor is trying to get out or waiting until they can retire.