TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Transportation Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.6

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Transportation Security Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Reading and Spelling test, Pattern Recognition test, color blindness test, drug test, fingerprinting, 10 year FBI background investigation, interview and finally 2-3 months of training.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had a fellow co-worker do something wrong, what did you do, how did you handle the situation, and what was the outcome.   View Answer
None

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Transportation Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in December 2013.

It is easy to pass

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in August 2012.

It is a long process that can take anywhere from 3 months to 1.5 years. They want to make sure you are physically, emotionally, and intellectually able to do the job. There are several steps to complete. Do them each as soon as possible to get through the process quickly.

Be patient. I had not heard from the TSA for 4 months and thought I had been disqualified. Then they randomly called me one day and offered me a job. This will happen many times throughout the process.

Negotiation was not an option. Everyone enters with the same salary. I would advise anyone who receives an offer to ask themselves why they want the job. If the answer is for a career with TSA, I would advise against it. Most officers are at the TSA to either get retirement or to move into another Federal agency. Almost no one wants to stay there. Everyone on the floor is trying to get out or waiting until they can retire.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jf Kennedy Ap, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Pass an Computerized X RAY and English test. Then a panel interview as well as medical and physical test. Also a drug test. Very easy questions if you never been to an interview before. You can think off your head and pass the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you were part of a team and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in November 2011.

I recently just had an interview with TSA at BNA. The whole hiring process is probably the longest process in the world. I guess that has to do a lot with it being a government job and all. Well anyway, I went up there to get my interview done and it was me and 2 other women. They sat us down asked us for the information they needed and all that good stuff, then asked which person wanted to actually do the interview first. I volunteered. I go in and its a group interview in which a panel of people ask you theses simple scenerio questions and you answer them. I thought I did pretty good because I was calm and tried to answer the questions the best of my ability. When that was done they told me to hang outside while the deliberate. I waited about 3 minutes when the lady took me back in. I sat down and they said you failed your interview. At first i thought it was a joke bc of how simple the flipping questions were and stuff. I dont know i wasted like 2 months with this process and you look at all the old heads that have the job and you wonder why you dont.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a co worker that didn't want to do anything at work and you all had to be a team.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in July 2012.

Nice did 2 person interview, color vision, paper signing and got med kit I was off.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in March 2008.

Sat in a room with two TSA suits and answered behavioral questions, took a color test, got finger printed, took a medical test

Take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in June 2012.

Applied in March 2012. Was interviewed 3 months later in person and it went very well and I enjoyed those who interviewed me.. but it wasn't over yet. Had to fill out a frustrating but worth it e86 form for my background check. After I had to get a health check/drug test which was probably the most frustrating part. I had to travel to a clinic out in Jersey and that clinic messed up everything and was delayed a week. I wasn't hired till November by a call and started training in January 2013. So it took almost a year to get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Can you name a difficult situation at the workplace which you had to control chaos?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Overall the hiring process took a while. It took about six months to complete everything.

Interview Questions
    • In my opinion there weren't any difficult parts or unexpected question, as long as your smart honest and willing to think about the answers you give everything will fall into place.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in October 2009.

There is a long time from when you are notified until you actually get to work. I remember doing a color test, x ray test, and basic math and english test.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you have ever been involved in and how did you solve it.   Answer Question
    Just an email