TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov
Unclaimed Profile

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Transportation Security Officer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.6

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Savannah, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online, received email about Computer Based Test (CBT). Scheduled for two plus hours, took less than an hour. Already had a clearance TS/SCI, so no issues with this. Received email a few days ago asking if I was still interested, I said yes, then we discussed money. This job was listed as part time and salary between 29.5k and 45k a year. This was NOT the case, the man said I would be making about 14k a year, LESS THAN HALF the amount listed. I explained that I was not interested in a job that paid that little. I also ask if I could remain in competition for other jobs. Was told yes, ANOTHER LIE, the next day I had a status of WITHDRAWN on my status and a BIG RED X. I sent an email at the HR Dept. only to get a response of they could not change the decision since I declined the job. I called HR, got the same BS run around. Not a very good experience with this company. I am a VET with 30 plus years experience and an advanced degree. I not so politely ask HR to remove me from their files and have a great day.

Interview Questions

• They were very simplistic, mainly about what would you do in this situation.   Answer Question

Salary was HALF the posted amount. Mislead about pay and other things.

Other Interview Reviews for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Apply online at USAJOBS.GOV, once they contact you you complete computer assessments then you go for an interview then fill out background check information.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult for the interview, honestly. Generic easy questions. My interview was almost 8 years ago, most likely changed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Egg Harbor Township, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

It went by pretty quickly but there were other things that I had to do. Such as taking a vision test and color test, and getting finger printed. They asked situational question like, problem and solving questions. It was fairly easy! And the people who work there were very friendly! The hiring process took a long time. It took them 7 months after I accepted the contingent offer to contact me for an Airport Assessment/interview. The medical evaluation took me 4 months, because they wanted to know more about my personal medical history. During the time I waited for the airport assessment, I completed the e86 form, that didn't clear till after my medical evaluation cleared. So I would say so far, the hiring process took me a year and 6 months. Now I'm waiting for the Entry On Duty/orientation. Its a very long process but I think its work the wait.

Negotiation

I haven't gotten that far. However, they don't seem like they will negotiate your salary

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Arlington, VA) in October 2009.

Interview

There is a long time from when you are notified until you actually get to work. I remember doing a color test, x ray test, and basic math and english test.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation you have ever been involved in and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just an email

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 11+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Arlington, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Nice did 2 person interview, color vision, paper signing and got med kit I was off.

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Atlanta, GA) in March 2008.

Interview

Sat in a room with two TSA suits and answered behavioral questions, took a color test, got finger printed, took a medical test

Negotiation

Take it or leave it

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied in March 2012. Was interviewed 3 months later in person and it went very well and I enjoyed those who interviewed me.. but it wasn't over yet. Had to fill out a frustrating but worth it e86 form for my background check. After I had to get a health check/drug test which was probably the most frustrating part. I had to travel to a clinic out in Jersey and that clinic messed up everything and was delayed a week. I wasn't hired till November by a call and started training in January 2013. So it took almost a year to get the job.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a difficult situation at the workplace which you had to control chaos?   1 Answer

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Overall the hiring process took a while. It took about six months to complete everything.

Interview Questions

• In my opinion there weren't any difficult parts or unexpected question, as long as your smart honest and willing to think about the answers you give everything will fall into place.   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) (Jf Kennedy Ap, NY).

Interview

Pass an Computerized X RAY and English test. Then a panel interview as well as medical and physical test. Also a drug test. Very easy questions if you never been to an interview before. You can think off your head and pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you were part of a team and what did you do?   Answer Question

Transportation Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview

Very tedious hiring process, first assessment wasn't too hard, medical was focused on physical condition and making sure your drug and alcohol free, background inquires and check was intense, training very long and requires at least 3 weeks 5 days a week about 8-10 hrs a day. Before the training you should work through all the steps quickly or you might get dropped and have to wait 6 months to reapply.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge you once faced at a previous job abs how you solved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation