TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

www.tsa.gov

TSA (Transportation Security Administration) Tso Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 8 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details – the interview process was the same as all job interview. Where you come in and seat on front of a person. They ask questions then you would answer them.

Interview Question – nothing at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation process at all.

Tso

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details – If you are a male the process takes an incredibly long time. It will go beyond months to even a year.

Interview Question – SSI   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You accept what they offer, nothing more.

Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in July 2011.

Interview Details – The entire process took about 9 months.

Interview Question – I will not consider any of the steps for the TSO position to be difficult. However, you must do some research on how to respond to life experience/situational questions for the interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I declined because I was offered the job right after being hired by a law enforcement agency.

Tso

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in August 2012.

Interview Details – You have to go step by step in order to get the job, just follow instructions. The interview is a structure interview just answer all questions to the best of your knowledge.

Interview Question – tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Tso

I applied through other source and the process took 6 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details – Conducted a thoroughly investigation in where you worked who are your friends and relatives. Went to local college to take a x-ray image test, vocabulary knowledge skill test, personality test . Two months later I was called to an office near O'Hare Airport. The staff conducted a medical and color blind examination, physical endurance test, finger printing and finally a 2 person panel interview. They asked if I can leave the office for 5 minutes. When I re-entered They gave an offer and I accepted.

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate my pay.

Tso

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details – It was a long wait for the interview and when I finally got it the questions were ridiculous.

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration).

Interview Details – My interview was first on phone with a machine that asked questions. After that, mass sweating in, physical tests, and uniform fittings.

Interview Question – There were not many details to ask about.   Answer Question

Oakland, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at TSA (Transportation Security Administration) in January 2010.

Interview Details – First off you have to pass a computer test that included basic english and math along with x-ray photos that you have a limited time to scan in order to pick out certain objects. all in all test is not difficult.
If you pass the computer test next is the interview. I hear larger airports give panel interviews but my Oakland airport interview was with one HR employee. Situational questions about how you dealt with normal customer service scenarios in previous jobs were asked.
At some point you have to take a drug test and tsa conducts a background investigation

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge at work   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at TSA (Transportation Security Administration)

Worked for TSA (Transportation Security Administration)? Contribute to the Community!