TSI Incorporated

Updated Jul 28, 2014
Updated Jul 28, 2014

2.6

Sales Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TSI Incorporated.

2 HR phone screens, one Sales Mgr. phone interview, peer phone call, in-person interview. The in-person interview was what turned me off from this company - the Sales Mgr. seemed very lazy and the impression I came away with is he would not help me grow professionally, nor would he care to. He also seemed to be looking for someone that dreamed to work at TSI since they were a toddler - kind of delusional considering about 1 in a million people have ever heard of TSI. No answer for the career path question whatsoever. If you are looking to sell smoke detectors to a fire chief in the middle of nowhere, USA, with no chance at career development or advancement, this is the place for you. I withdrew myself from consideration.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

I applied online – interviewed at TSI Incorporated in March 2013.

Was brought onsite for a three hour long interview process. Questions involved explaining each item on my resume. They also asked which other companies I had interviewed for and whether I was given any offers. HR told me they would get back to me a few days after the interview. After a week without hearing back I called and left messages several times and did not hear back until a month later.

Marketing Communications Coordinator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at TSI Incorporated.

The interview was set up within a day of applying.
    I interviewed with one person from human resources and one from the marketing department (my potential boss), both at the same time. Both asked questions and were helpful in answering questions I had.
    They responded within the same day as the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give examples of accomplishing each item on the job description. Basically, prove you can do this job by showing you've already done this job.   Answer Question

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TSI Incorporated in July 2012.

Phone interview with manager then in person interview with a panel of business people, then a panel of IT people.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions to be terribly difficult.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate vacation.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shoreview, MN

The process took a dayinterviewed at TSI Incorporated in April 2012.

asked about the resume.
    asked about specific qualification.

Applications Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at TSI Incorporated in April 2012.

Overall process was long, 3 months from phone interview to on-site interview. Offer was made 2 days after on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Who are the competing companies?   View Answer
    • How do you prioritize or juggle numerous responsibilities?   View Answer
    Ask for more vacation, they agreed readily.

Product Manager Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TSI Incorporated in March 2009.

Interviewed with HR, Hiring Manager, and Department Director. Had offer in less than 1 week after interviews took place.

Interview Questions
    None. Ask for more money, since there is no bonus program, insurance is outlandishly expensive (I found medical & dental insurance privately with same covereage for 20% less than what employee cost was at TSI).

Vertriebsmanager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aachen (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aachen (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TSI Incorporated in August 2008.

Sehr strukturierter Prozess, Ihre Leistungen und Ihr Hintergrund werden auf die Probe gestellt, es wird der Besuch mehrerer Kurse verlangt, bevor ein Angebot gemacht wird, Proaktivität erforderlich.

very structured process, challenging your achievement and background, asked to take several courses before an offer is being made, need proactivity

Interview Questions
    • Vertriebserfolge   sales achievements   Answer Question
    • Kundenmanagement, Beispiele, Abläufe etc.   customers management, examples, process etc   Answer Question
    Nehmen Sie es oder gehen Sie