TSMC Interview Questions in Hsinchu

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.6

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)).

Interview

The interview was easy and nothing since I got the recommendation from my professor who has very good relationship with TSMC. Working environment is good with challenging tasks and end less tedious. However, the salary is good enough to compensate the contribution.

Interview Questions

• U got to do a lot of try-and-errors with other department's substaintial supports. Sometimes working on holidays is inevitable and on-call is necessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy since I have the recommendation from my professor who has very good connection with TSMC.

RD Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in September 2013.

Interview

1st stage: Aptitude Test and English Proficiency Test (60 minutes) 2nd stage: one on one interview with advanced manufacturing process manager(1hr)

Interview Questions

• Please describe your master thesis and tell me what would you do if we want to make the difference between the outcomes of every experiment, under the same condition, within 10%.   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Interview

First, they'll give you some language test on paper, after the test is the interview part. The whole process was nice and makes me feel comfortable, the manager treats me nice. After one week they gave me a buzz, and I got the offer. but some said it's a tough job, so I declined.

Interview Questions

• Actually, I didn't expect the following question. Do you have good physical srength?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in December 2011.

Interview

Asked about : 1) Master Thesis 2) Team Work Experience 3) Strength and Weakness 4) Long Term and Short Term Career Goal

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in September 2011.

Interview

1. HR interview, over my personality. 2. English and personality tests. 3. Department manager, over my skills and master thesis. All in one day. It's the department head that decides. If he doesn't want you, you can require HR for another department's interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me why I should hire you. (From the manager)   Answer Question

Negotiation

None for an freshmen as I was.

Process Integration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in September 2011.

Interview

The HR call me to confirm the one day on-site interview. I got English and personality quiz first. It took about 45 mins. After the test, I took the bus to another building. Then, I talked with two senior engineers in which one is the manager. They ask me to introduce first, and asked about my M.S. thesis research.They also wanted me talking about the advantage as well as weakness of myself. This conversation took about 1 hr. After this conversation, I talked with HR about 30 min.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in January 2011.

Interview

First is the first psychological test by HR. After that, the interview with the boss-to-be, which is basically about my knowledge about programming, what do I know about programming. After that asks me about me, my life plan, my interaction with people. After that interview with upper boss, and upper upper boss, which is about some relaxing topic, mainly about family and myself.

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate much, since I'm only undergraduate. The qualification to enter tsmc is quite high (usually should be master graduate to be able to enter as software engineer). I'm trying to ask for higher pay, but the HR says that it's the highest they can offer me for my level, and I accept it.

OPC Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hsinchu (Taiwan)

Application

interviewed at TSMC (Hsinchu (Taiwan)) in October 2009.

Interview

Let me introduce myself and talk about my Master thesis. They try to explain their job content, but actually the section and department managers don't understand what their engineers are doing.

Interview Questions

• Not really any question is difficult, they don't have professional background.   Answer Question