TSMC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Taipei (Taiwan)

I interviewed at TSMC in January 2013.

Interview Details – depends on your job scope, for engineer, they will ask question based on your background, for managers they will ask what kind of project you have lead before.

Interview Question – a lot of technical questions and also english test   Answer Question

RD Engineer Interview

RD Engineer
Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at TSMC in September 2013.

Interview Details – 1st stage: Aptitude Test and English Proficiency Test (60 minutes)
 2nd stage: one on one interview with advanced manufacturing process manager(1hr)

Interview Question – Please describe your master thesis and tell me what would you do if we want to make the difference between the outcomes of every experiment, under the same condition, within 10%.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TSMC.

Interview Details – The interview was easy and nothing since I got the recommendation from my professor who has very good relationship with TSMC. Working environment is good with challenging tasks and end less tedious. However, the salary is good enough to compensate the contribution.

Interview Question – U got to do a lot of try-and-errors with other department's substaintial supports. Sometimes working on holidays is inevitable and on-call is necessary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy since I have the recommendation from my professor who has very good connection with TSMC.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TSMC in December 2011.

Interview Details – Asked about :

Very Easy Interview

OPC Engineer Interview

OPC Engineer
Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I interviewed at TSMC in October 2009.

Interview Details – Let me introduce myself and talk about my Master thesis. They try to explain their job content, but actually the section and department managers don't understand what their engineers are doing.

Interview Question – Not really any question is difficult, they don't have professional background.   Answer Question

Equipment Engineer Interview

Equipment Engineer

Interviewed at TSMC

Interview Details – First, they'll give you some language test on paper,
after the test is the interview part.

The whole process was nice and makes me feel comfortable, the manager treats me nice.

After one week they gave me a buzz, and I got the offer.

but some said it's a tough job, so I declined.

Interview Question – Actually, I didn't expect the following question.

Do you have good physical srength?
  View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Hsinchu (Taiwan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TSMC in January 2011.

Interview Details – First is the first psychological test by HR. After that, the interview with the boss-to-be, which is basically about my knowledge about programming, what do I know about programming. After that asks me about me, my life plan, my interaction with people. After that interview with upper boss, and upper upper boss, which is about some relaxing topic, mainly about family and myself.

Negotiation Details – I wasn't able to negotiate much, since I'm only undergraduate. The qualification to enter tsmc is quite high (usually should be master graduate to be able to enter as software engineer). I'm trying to ask for higher pay, but the HR says that it's the highest they can offer me for my level, and I accept it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TSMC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TSMC interview questions and advice in Tainan, Taiwan. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by TSMC employees and interview candidates.