TSYS Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.6

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TSYS.

Interview

Went in for the interview in February, was a full-time college student, looking for part-time evening work. The interview seemed to go well, but was told I couldn't be extended a job offer because they only have full-time training which would conflict with my school schedule. The interviewer expressed understanding of the need of a solution, as I was not the only potential candidate with this conflict. She told me to, however, reapply during the summer. I waited until summer and reapplied and at that time was denied a job. "While we sincerely appreciate your interest, we wanted to let you know that we have identified a more suitable candidate for the position listed above." I would have admired that honesty from the get, but I guess its better to really know what you're dealing with before you get a job. I know I'm professional, but through this entire process I've found out things about this employer without even having to work for them. Quid Pro Quo

Director Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TSYS.

Interview

Very formal. I was pushed through by three different people who had 30 mins each and kept checking the time. I was very qualified for the position but they didn't give enough time to answer each question and give examples to the fullest extent.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall, it was so formal and uncomfortable that I was a bit in shock.   Answer Question

Senior Developer (Pega) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TSYS (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews.
    Interview 1: Technical-30 Minutes-30 Q&A-exam type questions with short answers

Interview 2: Technical-30 Minutes-Scenarion based questions. Design questions and other high level questions

Interview 3- 60 Minutes Skype- Behavioral- more of conversation with senior director instead of interview

Location preference

Chargeback Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TSYS.

Interview

Applied for postion 2 weeks ago. Receieved a phone call a week afterwards, received a onsite interview. Was offered a position the next day after interview. Interview was vey smooth, i felt positive energy when I walked into the door.

Interview Questions

• There was none. I was asked basic interview questions.   1 Answer

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TSYS (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed a in-person and hands on coding on a Apple Mac. Asked to implement Queue and Linux grep command. In the phone interview, they straight go to questions and they won't introduce them self. So you don't know whom you are talking to like a director or senior engineer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TSYS (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on the TSYS website, was contacted by the recruiter about a week later to schedule interview day and time. Arrived to the location and taken to the interview room where I was interviewed by the Sr. and Assoc. Directors. Location wasn't too hard to find. Process was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty much straight forward, behavioral questions. Some question included: Would you break a rule to get a job done quicker, Describe the best/worst boss, What type of environment do you like to work in, what type of methodologies have you worked with.   Answer Question
    • Most unexpected: If you were an animal on a merry-go-round, which animal would you be?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst - I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TSYS (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Got an email from my university with this position and others companies in it. Applied for the position the next month I got a call for the interview a week or two later got accepted. The background check took the longest which was a month before I received anything else from TSYS. At one point I thought I didn't get the job after everything came back we started orientation then training for 3mths then we hit the floor going full speed but there is always somebody around who is willing to help.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TSYS (Omaha, NE) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for an inside sales rep position online. Within 24 hours I was emailed asking when I could have a phone interview with an HR rep. That call was scheduled during that same week and took about 45mins.

He wrapped up the conversation saying that I will receive an email to take an assessment to make sure I'm still a good candidate then will be contacted to schedule a face-to-face interview at one of two properties; downtown Omaha or west Omaha.

The face-to-face interview was scheduled on a Friday afternoon and started on time. I was greeted by a woman that escorted me up to the office of a gentleman. Both seemed irritated that I was taking up their Friday afternoon and I even apologized for the timing but still showed great amount of appreciation.

They asked questions about my previous sales experience; I mentioned I had over 2 years with inside sales and have successfully achieved my sales quota and showed enthusiasm on wanting to grow financially.

That's when I was asked "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" The most typical question you could be asked in an interview. I was open and honest, responding with "I see myself making over 6 figures by that time." The response I received was "Well, you won't be making that right away here." I communicated my proper expectations and explained that I understand coming in what my base salary would be, but I have aspirations to achieve more than just the base and it will take time, but I will achieve my goals.

The reaction I received by my interviewers didn't seem pleasant and I felt I was coming off arrogant, which was not the case at all. I closed them by asking what the next step is and how soon I can hear back from them. They said they have others they need interview but I should hear back next week.

I left shaking hands, making eye contact and thanking them for their time. The following day I sent a follow-up email thanking them again for their time. No response, no contact, no offer was made.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just the standard interview questions.   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TSYS in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview was really quite simple. I've been in sales several years so that maybe the reason. TSYS does a COMPLETE background check. You have to be clean.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about the credit card industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating.

College Grad Entry Level Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TSYS (Alpharetta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

You get interviewed by 4 different people. They are all nice and tell you are the perfect person for their company at the end of the interview. They got back to me in about a week.

Interview Questions

• What are the areas which you would most be interested in working, and what are the areas that you would have the least experience.   1 Answer