TSYS Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.7

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS in July 2015.

Interview

I was initially contacted by a recruiter to set up the interview time for a phone screen. I was then contacted by the manager along with 2 of his team members for a phone screen. Asked me some basic C# and questions on IIS. After that I was scheduled for an in person interview with the manager and his team. The panel consisted of 8 members (BAs, Developers, Testers etc.). I expected it to be a lot technical, but it was completely behavioral to my surprise. Though there were some technical questions on C# and about the Agile process.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TSYS (Columbus, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

First had a call with a TSYS recruiter. Then scheduled an interview. Several days later, met with 3 members of the team, the Hiring manager and 2 of her peers. General get to know you questions followed up by situational questions. They were very kind and it was a good interview. It is my understanding this job eventually went to an internal candidate. I have had more than 5 first interviews - no second interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you lead a team to a success...   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TSYS.

Interview

Very formal. I was pushed through by three different people who had 30 mins each and kept checking the time. I was very qualified for the position but they didn't give enough time to answer each question and give examples to the fullest extent.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall, it was so formal and uncomfortable that I was a bit in shock.   Answer Question

Senior Developer (Pega) Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TSYS (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interviews. Interview 1: Technical-30 Minutes-30 Q&A-exam type questions with short answers Interview 2: Technical-30 Minutes-Scenarion based questions. Design questions and other high level questions Interview 3- 60 Minutes Skype- Behavioral- more of conversation with senior director instead of interview

Location preference

Senior Database Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

It began with a phone interview in which non-technical questions were asked and then lead to an interview in the office where I was asked technical questions by the team.

Interview Questions

• What is the first step you apply in setting up a new database system?   1 Answer

Chargeback Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS.

Interview

Applied for postion 2 weeks ago. Receieved a phone call a week afterwards, received a onsite interview. Was offered a position the next day after interview. Interview was vey smooth, i felt positive energy when I walked into the door.

Interview Questions

• There was none. I was asked basic interview questions.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS (McDonough, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

Company big on background checks, drug test could take 2 weeks or more with 3rd party company, the interview is situational questions, not tradtional questions, takes about 30 minutes, although there are some tradtional questions such as your availability

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in customer service? or something along those lines.....   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were faced with an angry customer, How did you handle the situation? Was the customer satisfied?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was listed on the job posting, this was listed as entry level

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TSYS (Alpharetta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed a in-person and hands on coding on a Apple Mac. Asked to implement Queue and Linux grep command. In the phone interview, they straight go to questions and they won't introduce them self. So you don't know whom you are talking to like a director or senior engineer.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TSYS (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on the TSYS website, was contacted by the recruiter about a week later to schedule interview day and time. Arrived to the location and taken to the interview room where I was interviewed by the Sr. and Assoc. Directors. Location wasn't too hard to find. Process was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were pretty much straight forward, behavioral questions. Some question included: Would you break a rule to get a job done quicker, Describe the best/worst boss, What type of environment do you like to work in, what type of methodologies have you worked with.   Answer Question
    • Most unexpected: If you were an animal on a merry-go-round, which animal would you be?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst - I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TSYS (Columbus, GA).

Interview

Got an email from my university with this position and others companies in it. Applied for the position the next month I got a call for the interview a week or two later got accepted. The background check took the longest which was a month before I received anything else from TSYS. At one point I thought I didn't get the job after everything came back we started orientation then training for 3mths then we hit the floor going full speed but there is always somebody around who is willing to help.