TSYS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2014
28 interviews

2.6

Inside Sales Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at TSYS in June 2014.

Applied online. Was contacted the next day for phone screening. Set up in-person two days later and had a job offer the next day. Process took about one week! So far I love my job! Great work - life balance! Family first!

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TSYS in June 2014.

I was initially invited to have a first round panel interview. That took about an hour, with two different interviews each with two people on the panel. Those interviews were very casual and comfortable. This is where they most likely weed out people that don't have energy or the communication skills they are looking for. They informed me about the different departments and growth opportunities. Asked me what I did in my past jobs, likes dislikes and gave me a couple of analytical scenarios, which were I felt comfortable with. I was contacted about a week later with an invitation to interview with a manager. This interview was still comfortable but full of more difficult questions and scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • I wouldn't say the questions were extremely difficult but they asked a lot of "What would you do if..." or "How would you handle a situation like..."   Answer Question

College Grad Entry Level Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I interviewed online - interviewed at TSYS in June 2014.

You get interviewed by 4 different people. They are all nice and tell you are the perfect person for their company at the end of the interview. They got back to me in about a week.

Interview Questions
    • What are the areas which you would most be interested in working, and what are the areas that you would have the least experience.   View Answer

Internet Software Developer Senior Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TSYS.

Initially dropped off my resume, thinking there was a slim chance of getting an interview (was a former employee, who had left a few years prior to that). Received a call about a week later to come in for an interview. Met with one of the Senior Mainframe Developers as the first round of interviews. I was under the impression that I was interviewing for a web development position. I was wrong. I was interviewing for a COBOL position. I did COBOL (and other mainframe languages) when I worked for TSYS previously. However, it had been several years since I coded in any of those languages.

The interviewer was extremely nice, but informed me that he didn't feel like I would be a good match for the position that I was interviewing for. I couldn't have agreed more. I failed that interview miserably. He left to go see if his boss wanted to talk with me. When he came back, I was invited to her office to talk with her...without him present. I almost fell out of my chair when she offered me the position on the spot, despite knowing my interview results. She finally let me know that they had intentions of bringing me on board as a web developer. But, the position hadn't been created yet. And, since I was a former employee with mainframe development experience, they wanted to snag me under that title while they could.

Turns out, she was correct. I maintained that role for the duration of about one project (3 months or so) before I started into my role of web development.

The people that did the interview, as well as the rest of the crew I worked with, and for, were some of the best people I've ever had the honor of working with. Now that I've left the company (had to relocate), I sorely miss most of them. As far as upper and upper-middle management....well....I'll stop on a positive note.

Interview Questions
    • Considering how miserably I had done on the interview, and how I hated mainframe development, the most unexpected question had to be "Would you consider doing COBOL development for a while...we don't know how long?"   View Answer
    I didn't feel the need to negotiate. They started me a lot higher than what I was making at the time (an hourly, somewhat-part-time warehouse job), and was a little bit higher than what I was making when I left TSYS the first time. As far as a tip to others that may want to negotiate...keep in mind the cost of benefits with TSYS. If they are still the same as they were when I was with them, it speaks a lot. However, don't be afraid to ask for what you feel you are worth. Just realize that they aren't the highest-paying employer in the area. However, because of their benefits and work culture, they are one of the most sought-after companies in the area. So, don't negotiate your way into them laughing at you as they hang up and call the next person in line.

Business Analyst II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at TSYS.

Had one phone interview and then one face-to face interview. During the face to face interview, I spoke with three of the managers in the same department. Pretty easy interview overall.

Interview Questions
    • Was given a scenario and asked how I would resolve the issues given.   Answer Question

Senior Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at TSYS.

1. Contacted by HR by phone to setup phone interview a few days later. 2. Phone interview with manager and senior director. If you get through this okay you most likely get the job. 3. On-site interview. This can be from 3 to 10 weeks after the phone interview depending on the time of the year. Fastest at beginning of year and slowest at end of the year. 4. Offer comes within a week of the on-site interview. Usually at the end of the week. Can be given the weekend to think it over. 5. If a person accepts they want a person to start on the first Monday of a month in order to go through orientation. Orientation lasted 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • Very persistent about contacting my former employers. Other perspective employers weren't that way.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Had to take offer or leave it.

Senior Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TSYS in March 2011.

* Had multiple phone interviews with recruiter. I could tell he got irritated when I mentioned my salary requirements since they were outside the companies range for the job title.
    * Process was much easier once I got past the recruiter and into the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
    • I always find it difficult to answer those questions about your most challenging problem from a previous job.

I also hate those required interview questions such as "what are your best and worst qualities" and "what do you see yourself doing in five years?"

I know they have certain questions that are required, but once we got past those and actually talked, the interview was much better.
        Answer Question
    Stick to your guns on salary, and know that vacation/PTO is always negotiable.

Associate Director Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at TSYS.

Two managers (one from another department) conducted the very standard interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TSYS.

The interview process is fairly simple . After a online application there was a interview with two managers. Asked very basic questions they told very basics about the job . The orientation process was very basic and covered the company as a whole with people from several different departments in one orientation. It was confusing and useless.

Interview Questions
    • If there was a movie about you what famous person would you want to play you?   View Answer

Systems Software Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TSYS in May 2013.

I was contacted by a recruiter and they took care of presenting my CV, arranging for interviews and salary negotiation. I had a phone interview, a face to face the next day, then an offer within 6 business days.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer did most of the talking. The most difficult question was, "Where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?"   Answer Question

Worked for TSYS? Contribute to the Community!