TVA Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
30 interviews

2.8

Washington Representative Interview

Prior to joining TVA, I'd worked for a US Congressman. I was asked to return to Washington for TVA. I was a manager in the Employee Communications staff for TVA for two years then a representative for them in Washington for 5 years.

Interview Questions
    "We want you to go back to Washington for us, and here's your salary."

Business Support Representative Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at TVA in March 2013.

Met with hiring manager and HR for a one on one interview. Thought the job had been filled since it had been several months since I'd applied, but received the call and interviewed within the week after the call.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you the best candidate for this position. I'm not good at selling myself, so this question is always hard for me.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at TVA.

I was hired through a campus recruiting process. The main HR representative contacted one of my professors to see if anyone was interested in an interview, I emailed them back my resume and they offered me an on campus interview. One week prior to the interview, the HR representative emailed me the questions they were going to ask, they were very basic interview questions and easy to prepare for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to be creative in a group environment.   View Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at TVA in August 2010.

Met with 3 people; the plant manager, HR rep and the maintenance manager. Answered 10 typical questions on "values" and maintenance scenarios. The questions were "round robin" style. The plant manager took me to lunch as an extension of the interview. I got a call telling me I was to be offered the job within 3 weeks of the interview. A few days later I recieved a packet of info inlcuding the offer. I could call to ask questions. I then had to sign the forms and send them back to accept the position.

Interview Questions
    • Would you discipline someone for not following safety rules. This question took a deeper conversation to ensure I understood exactly what they were looking for.   Answer Question
    Was offered standard paperwork to sign to accept the offer.

Student Generator Plant Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stevenson, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenson, AL

I interviewed online. The process took 12 months - interviewed at TVA.

3 people on interview. Different questions asked to different applicants. Short because they already had specific people picked I was just fortunate that several pre-picked people turned down the job. It took 8 years after applying to get an interview due to the selection process of hand picking by the union.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a co-worker who is not pulling their weight?   View Answer
    They said I was number 3 on a call back list. So several people turned down the job and I was called back with an offer.

Human Resource Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at TVA.

The time between application and interview was quite lengthy. From the time of initial phone screen to hire was about 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • I always find the question "Tell me about your self" difficult, as I am not accustomed to talking about myself.   Answer Question

Control Room Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 months - interviewed at TVA.

The best way to find out about position openins is to know someone that works there, networking. The hiring process includes, in this order; resume submission and filtering, EEI test, interview (three person panel with standard questions) and finally physical. If you have a strong mechanical/electrical background, it will benefit you greatly.

Interview Questions
    • There were several questions, but my interveiw was several years ago. The questions are the standard "give us an example" type of questions.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation for a Trades and Labor position.

Attorney Interview

Submitted resume, interviewed and hired

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at TVA in June 2013.

Learn to be extremely patient and expect HR to really give you the run around, and that is if they really want you!

Interview Questions
    • The HR department really wants to qualify you by race and sex to make sure they are meeting their quotas. So if you are a male avoid this place like the plague! You have no hope moving up unless you are a female. If you also happen to be a minority you don't even need to perform your job very well if at all to move up. So keep that in mind. I am sure they will quote their stupid SPP on this point, but trust me as a 18+ year employee, it is true!   Answer Question

All the points I mentioned in my review....

Procurement Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TVA in January 2011.

They just have a template that they use to interview you with like most places. They are mostly trying to figure out if you will fit in with the group.

Interview Questions

Worked for TVA? Contribute to the Community!