TWG Insurance Client Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

3.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Colleyville, TX
Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at TWG Insurance in February 2010.

This job is a sales job, first and foremost. This was made clear to me from the get-go. Obviously, many previous employees did not realize what they were getting into, so they've highlighted this.

First, I submitted my resume through the university's career connection. They then contacted me for an initial phone screen, and to ask what questions I had for the company. I went to the initial interview, where I learned the nature of the company, and that is this: extremely hard work (10-12 hour days of non-stop phone sales in a call center) for very low pay. HOWEVER, around the second year, when renewals start coming in, money gets much better, and can expect to make lots of income by years 3 and 4.

It is up to you to decide if the delayed gratification is worth the initial grueling 18 - 24 months. It does seem like a huge payoff if one invests the time up front.

The on-site interview consisted of four, 20-minute interviews with senior managers, including the COO and CEO. They are great, bright, hard-working people. My experience with the office visit was absolutely positive.

I think my hesitation for the call-center-esque environment shone through in my interview. I was luke-warm about the work, but the possibility of growing with a company like TWG is tempting. In the end, I decided that I didn't want to work for the low salary.

BOTTOM LINE: Excellent opportunity if one has a sales personality, and is prepared to work VERY hard for 18 months at low pay, for a VERY HIGH income after a couple of years.

Other Interview Reviews for TWG Insurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at TWG Insurance in October 2008.

I applied on my college recruiting online center. 1st day of interviews consisted of two 30min. interviews. I was asked about my sales experience, my strengths, weaknesses, personality, long-term goals, etc. I was even asked to give a sales pitch for something during the interview. After I made it through the first round of interviews, I flew down to Dallas, TX with a group of other candidates that made the final interview as well. We were picked up from the airport and shuttled back to Colleyville. We each had four pretty standard 30min long interviews with different interviewers. If all four interviewers believe you are a good fit, you will receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    I was not able to negotiate with the CEO; not even more time to think about the offer. Read the reviews on glassdoor.com about TWG Insurance. Pay particular attention to the negative reviews as I found them very accurate.

Anonymous Employee  in  Colleyville, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Colleyville, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TWG Insurance in November 2009.

The interviewing process was as pleasant as it was grueling. My first interview was two informal 20 minute separate interviews. The final round interview was 4 back to back 20 minute interviews where you interview in a pecking order from a client associate all the way up to the COO or CEO. I was asked multiple things including naming 10 ways in which to use a pen, what kind of animal I would be if I were one and to sell a breakfast item. They are very articulate and can tell if you're really interested in sales or not, so make sure you've come to terms with what kind of career path you want to take before going on or accepting the final round interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at TWG Insurance in November 2007.

After submitting my resume I was contacted by an employee of the company. I had an original one on one interview after which they flew me down to interview with 3 other employees. I received and offer that day. You will be asked to sell something in the interview.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation on the base salary. Make sure phone sales is for you. You are expected to spend a significant amount of each day on the phone calling internet leads until you establish a network or referrals. You have to bring it every day at TWG. There is a lot of pressure to sell well everyday. If you don't you will hear about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TWG Insurance in April 2009.

It was GREAT, everyone I met was friendly and each interviewer seem to ease the nerves of the whole process! It was challenging but bearable. I would do it over again if I had to!

Interview Questions
    • Your degree is in marketing. How could you take this package and change it to make it more marketable?   View Answer
    It was also great, I was contacted and told more about the company, benefits, salary, compensation and how the company was progressing

Client Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TWG Insurance in October 2010.

First interview was one on one with two alumni client associates. For the second round TWG flew myself & 2 other candidates to Dallas to visit the facility & interview. I had 4 one on one interviews. 2 were mid level managers, then the CEO and his wife. Everyone that works there looks fresh out of college. They just moved into a new facility, which is really nice.

Interview Questions
    • The CEO's wife asked me "Since I was such a fast paced person, how was I going to keep myself from becoming bored?"   Answer Question

Seems like a starter company that people don't stay long at. I'm sure its fun & has good people, but the money wasn't enough for me to bust my hump trying to get a client base, to just move on after a few years.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TWG Insurance

Worked for TWG Insurance? Contribute to the Community!