TWO Sigma

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TWO Sigma in December 2013.

Interview Details – This review focuses mainly on the phone and technical interview. The phone interview went well. The JR person explained the company and what it does very clearly and concisely. The atmosphere was relaxed, but I remained guarded as to not say too much. The next portion of the interviewing process was the technical. The technical interview starts with a coding challenge. The coding challenge is done using Interview Street website. There are two coding problems to solve and two hours to do it in. There are some samples out there to get a feeling for the tests. I thought that the tests were a little heavy in use of container classes like STL to solve the problem.

Interview Question – The time limit and way that the technical interview went with the coding challenge made me feel like I was hacking a solution instead of showing Two Sigma my abilities.   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

Database Engineer

Interviewed at TWO Sigma

Interview Details – Phone interview + SQL challenge

Interview Question – No real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TWO Sigma in November 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, and HR contacted me and give me the link of the online code test.

Interview Question – The code test, they give you 4 test case, which is regular format. But there is a button for additional 20 test case. They are hidden the content of test case. I always failed two of them. and didn't know why. So I cannot improve my code.   View Answers (3)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Human Resources Operations Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Operations Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at TWO Sigma in October 2013.

Interview Details – I secured an in-person interview with Two Sigma through a staffing agency who had forwarded my resume to the company.
I went for the interview and they asked very standard questions, nothing really unexpected. I met with one HR recruiter first who had asked me most of the questions and answered any questions I had about the department I would be working in. I then met with a 2nd HR recruiter for only about 5 min to answer two or three more questions.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected or difficult questions. They asked questions related to why I wanted to work in HR and my past work experience.   Answer Question

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Portfolio Analyst
New York, NY

I interviewed at TWO Sigma in September 2013.

Interview Details – First round phone interview with HR, about 30 mins talking general questions, no technical ones. Then the C++ coding test. After that another phone interview with technical questions and final round on site. The final round seems OK at the beginning, first round about basic portfolio and mathematical questions. Then the algorithm questions are hard. And I did not get the afternoon interviews.

Interview Question – Some data structure and algorithms questions   Answer Question

Data Analysis Interview

Data Analysis

Interviewed at TWO Sigma

Interview Details – submitted my resume, after one day, got a phone interview, then took the online code test. Two hours code tests. all related to sql, linux,programming.

Interview Question – a lot of sql, linux programming. not difficult, but needs to remember those commands   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TWO Sigma in July 2013.

Interview Details – You will be given a code assessment, and have to finish it in 2 hrs. But you can choose the time you want to start, and email the solution back in 2hrs. The question is not difficult. And then you will have a phone screen, and you will be asked some question about the projects on the resume, and some technical questions. I was asked several questions about OS. The final round will be onsite interview, but I didn't perform well in the phone screen, so I don't have that chance.

Interview Question – How to compare two doubles in C++?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TWO Sigma.

Interview Details – Got a mail from the recruiter who then set up a phone interview. It wasn't technical, just what I like and what I don't like. Why I'd like to work at TS?

Then there was this technical interview over phone. Where you had to solve couple of programming problems. If you have good experience with Data Structure and Algorithms, you should pass that round easily.

Then there was onsite round. It consisted of 5 interview. It was a bit different from other tech companies in the sense that each interview was 1hr30mins. In other tech companies, it's usually 45 mins per interview. They asked lots of technical and behavioral questions. You are given a laptop for coding and white board for discussion your ideas. The interview questions are similar to other giant tech companies, however they ask more mathematical questions.

Interview Question – I am not supposed to share interview questions.   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Procurement Specialist

I applied online - interviewed at TWO Sigma in May 2013.

Interview Details – I received an email from HR looking to schedule a phone interview that they said would take around an hour. We scheduled the time, and I took time off from my current job in order to make sure that I could do it without distractions. Finally the time came, and there was no call. After waiting another 15 minutes, I called the HR rep who said the team would be calling me directly and that I should keep waiting. I waited patiently by my phone for another 40 minutes until I received an email from HR saying that there was a miscommunication and they would like to reschedule. I told them that it had to be around lunch time as I didn't have the ability to leave work again, and then I never heard from Two Sigma again. Needless to say, I was a little angry that I had wasted my time waiting for their call and their lack of communication.

Interview Question – Apparently, the most difficult part is getting them on the phone.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TWO Sigma.

Interview Details – The interview is very technical; studying the CLR algorithms book in advance is the best route to take before submitting your resume. There is typically a screening interview by HR just to find out if the candidate is a good fit attitude-wise, followed by a code test and then potentially two days of in-person interviews. HR will send a candidate home early in the day if the interviewers don't think the candidate is a good fit for the position.

Interview Question – I don't remember a specific question, and even if I did; I don't necessarily think that posting it online is positive thing to do for the candidates or the company. As I mentioned above, studying the CLR book is the best route to success.   Answer Question