Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Tableau Software
- Sales Area Manager (15)
- Software Engineer (14)
- Product Consultant (14)
- Technical Support Specialist (7)
- Sales (6)
- Senior Software Engineer (6)
- Software Engineer Test Engineering (5)
- User Experience Designer (4)
- Operations (4)
- Solution Architect (4)
- Technical Account Manager (3)
- Senior Technical Support Engineer (3)
- Sales Consultant (3)
- Software Developer (3)
- Technical Program Manager (3)
- Sales Area Manager Existing Business (3)
- Software Engineering (2)
- Software Engineer Core Server (2)
- Production Designer (2)
- Business Consultant (2)
- Marketing Intern (2)
- Marketing Manager (2)
- Account Executive (2)
- Customer Success Manager (2)
- Customer Support Specialist (1)
- Enterprise Account Manager (1)
- Engineering (1)
- Engineering Manager (1)
- Release Engineer (1)
- Software QA (1)
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)).
I applied online through their web. Fist stage was screening call with HR. Second stage was phone interview with the manager. Third stage was face-to-face interview with the same manager and then with the senior manager. Senior manager was arrogant eastern-european with poor English pronunciation, from the very first second he showed zero interest to the interview, and all the "conversation" with him was negative. After couple of days I wrote an email to HR asking if I passed to the next stage, but received a "DoNotReply" email telling me I didn't pass.
- Most difficult deal you ever closed? Answer Question
Helpful (10)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in July 2014.
1 phone call from a recruitment agency, 1 phone call from sales manager with common questions and then face to face interview, all process within 2 weeks. You have to prepare a demo on your own from the website, also you need to know their products specifications. The job of sales area is an inside job.
- face to face interview is a business case: you have to know everything about the product : price, benefits and especially how it works because you have to do a demo of the product as if you work for the company since 5 years. On top of that you have to sell the product during a role play. Be prepared Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.
Es wurden mehrere Gespräche vereinbart, alles lief sehr professionell, coole Kollegen. Allerdings hat sich der gesamte Prozesse unerträglich lange gezogen. Das liegt daran, dass man bei Tableau einfach sicher gehen möchte auch die richtigen Leute einzustellen. Wichtig hierbei ist der cultural Fit
- Do you understand the land and expand model Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferNegative Experience
I applied online. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)).
- initial screening through Tableau recruiter: why Tableau, past experience etc. - second screening call with somebody from support: How would you resolve a conflict, a case you solved in the past, when did you take an initiative... - I was sent an email with "homework" The calls were with Tableau US and in my evening. Overall I was a little disappointed not to get through to a technical interview and to fail on a vague hypothetical scenario question.
- - I was sent "homework" :How I would proceed if a case was escalated to me in my first week with error message "internal server error" (it was a specific, but a catch all message). The message could not be found in the error logs by 1 level support. 1 Answer
Helpful (4)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tableau Software (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.
Was contacted by Tableau internal recruitment. He was very friendly and after a discussion of my history and what I was looking for he asked if I would like to continue with the interview process. After looking at info about the company I was really excited and of course agreed. I then had 2 additional phone interviews with two different managers before being asked to come in and do a demo presentation of the product. I really didn't know what to expect but after downloading the trial it just all came together! I came onsite and did about a 30 min demo/question/answer session of the product which was difficult but I felt prepared and ready so I was confident. If you dont prepare a good demo you probably wont get the job! They want candidates that GET the product and understand the business value. A few hours after the demo I was contacted by HR and they said they would like me to speak with one last person but they would like me to start considering a date that I could attend the Seattle training boot camp so I kind of knew that a job offer would follow.
- Please present a demo of the product. 1 Answer
There was no negotiation as I was very happy with the package.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review