Tableau Software

3.5

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tableau Software in July 2014.

1 phone call from a recruitment agency, 1 phone call from sales manager with common questions and then face to face interview, all process within 2 weeks. You have to prepare a demo on your own from the website, also you need to know their products specifications. The job of sales area is an inside job.

Interview Questions
    • face to face interview is a business case: you have to know everything about the product : price, benefits and especially how it works because you have to do a demo of the product as if you work for the company since 5 years.
      On top of that you have to sell the product during a role play. Be prepared

Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Tableau Software.

- initial screening through Tableau recruiter: why Tableau, past experience etc.
    - second screening call with somebody from support: How would you resolve a conflict, a case you solved in the past, when did you take an initiative...
    - I was sent an email with "homework"

The calls were with Tableau US and in my evening.
    Overall I was a little disappointed not to get through to a technical interview and to fail on a vague hypothetical scenario question.

Interview Questions
    • - I was sent "homework" :How I would proceed if a case was escalated to me in my first week with error message "internal server error" (it was a specific, but a catch all message). The message could not be found in the error logs by 1 level support.   View Answer

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tableau Software in September 2013.

Was contacted by Tableau internal recruitment. He was very friendly and after a discussion of my history and what I was looking for he asked if I would like to continue with the interview process. After looking at info about the company I was really excited and of course agreed. I then had 2 additional phone interviews with two different managers before being asked to come in and do a demo presentation of the product. I really didn't know what to expect but after downloading the trial it just all came together! I came onsite and did about a 30 min demo/question/answer session of the product which was difficult but I felt prepared and ready so I was confident.

If you dont prepare a good demo you probably wont get the job! They want candidates that GET the product and understand the business value. A few hours after the demo I was contacted by HR and they said they would like me to speak with one last person but they would like me to start considering a date that I could attend the Seattle training boot camp so I kind of knew that a job offer would follow.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation as I was very happy with the package.