Tableau Software

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Tableau Software.

Felt like a quick process. I made initial contact at a campus job fair and they were doing background checks in two weeks with an offer by the third week. (yes, they will in fact contact your references)
I thoroughly enjoyed the interview process and felt a great connection to the team. I especially appreciated the managers' thoughts on team-building and career progression.
I would certainly recommend that a friend interview here.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't really any unexpected questions, just a broad spectrum due to the nature of tech support. I know it's been said before but you definitely need to download the free copy of the software and muck around with it a bit before your interview.   Answer Question

I ultimately turned down the offer because the job is at the edge of the core work that I'd like to do and multiple other opportunities have come up.

Other Interview Reviews for Tableau Software

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Tableau Software in October 2013.

1. 15 Minute phone interview
    2. Onsite Interview
    3. 15 minute written communication
    Pick one of four questions
    Why work at Tableau, What technology you like and how you learn, The best way to provide customer service,
    4. One on one interview 15 minutes with 22 questions

My personal opinion is this process was a waste of my time and theirs.

Interview Questions
    • What is: A Row, A Field, three databases, what is the output of this sql query, what does group by do
      what is 127.0.01, if a user cannot connect to another computer, difference between relational database and a Cube, average, median, standard deviation, parts of a computer network, and more

View Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tableau Software.

The interview process was standard, first I had a pre-screening call with an HR manager, then a couple of technical calls and an in-house interview.
    After my pre-screening call I had two technical calls with their support team members, which were very enjoyable. They presented a problem which I had to resolve with them over Skype. The in-house interview was much shorter than expected, and after that I was supposed to have the last interview. Unfortunately, I was forced to relocate due to financial problems, which is why I didn't complete the interview process,.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't have much unexpected questions, only one "test" where I had to submit finished exercises done in Tableau.   Answer Question

Declined due to relocation.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tableau Software in May 2012.

I had sent in an application online for their Technical Support Specialist position. Within two days I received an email back wanting to set a time for a phone interview.

When the time came for the recruiter to call me for my phone interview she was 15 minutes late to our phone interview. From that point on the interview felt really rushed and that I was just another person to get through.

The interview questions were based on three areas: networking, databases, and analytical/math questions.

Unfortunately after answering these questions the recruiter told me that I am not a competitive candidate for the job.