Tableau Software Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jul 14, 2015

4.0

Desktop Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

One thing I appreciated the most about this interview was being interviewed by several different folks on the team. I had to repeat the same thing over and over but it was nice to get different angles. The manager asked me a few technical questions that I know I didn't do well on. I'm better at showing someone how its done on a working PC then telling you how to do something. Its sucks people judge you based on confidence rather than doing it. The interview took over 4 hours. It definitely can be trimmed down but if you get the job its worth it. They really care if you will fit into their culture. The company is very casual so the folks that interview you will be in a T-Shirt and Jeans / Shorts. 90% of my interview was via Webex which was a first for me but I think I was less nervous this way. The company is growing rapidly and is based out of Seattle so expect interviews that may not be face to face. They really wanted to get to know me so I did appreciate that I wasn't treated like a number.

Interview Questions

• If someone was missing their PST in outlook how would you find it?   Answer Question

Product Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. A recruiter reached out with an invitation to discuss the role. A technical assessment was sent to me, I completed it and submitted and never heard back from anyone on the team.

Sales Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tableau Software (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Internal referral, 2 screen conversations with recruiter, phone interview with manager, 3 hour onsite interview with managers, director. Product demo is the decisive factor - prep for this well. Very engaging but difficult interview. Product demo to leadership with Q&A session.

Interview Questions

• Walk through resume/background and application to SAM role   Answer Question