Tabula Inc

www.tabula.com

Tabula Inc Interview Questions

Custom Circuit Design Eng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Tabula Inc in February 2013.

Uploaded my resume and got a phone call. Discussed an interview date. Interview process is 2 phases. Preliminary one hour, and a detailed one 4 hours. The preliminary one was all technical with a very knowledgeable person. He came prepared with printed pages of questions circuits to analyse. Good questions. Very professional.

Second interview more of the same with 4 people and then the HR person

Interview Questions
    • Stack of 2 N transistors connected between VDD and VSS. Calculate the voltage in the mid point if transistors equal in size. Gates both connected to VDD.   View Answer

ASIC Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Tabula Inc in June 2012.

I interviewed with some Tabula's engineers with an abundance of "text-book" type mindset, instead of real world practical, get the job done experience and outlook. It didn't help those interviewing me lacked my experience . I absolutely do not see how they can compete against entrenched players like Altera and Xilinx, despite Tabula's access to Intel 's foundry. It takes more than advanced process technology to make it in the FPGA space. I find Tabula's engineers myopic to say the least.

Interview Questions
    • They were looking to trip you up by "crossing the T's and doting the I's " type questions.   Answer Question

Way better offer from Altera and Altera is not going bankrupt anytime soon.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tabula Inc in April 2012.

I was screened in a telephone interview with the senior verification manager. It went on with knowing my inerests, experience and skill set, educational background, what the company does and details about the job profile and requirements. Then the actual interview started with some basic verilog, verilog event queue, verilog modeling, CMOS circuitcs, verification approach (using ABV, CRV, CDV etc) etc

Interview Questions
    • question related to x-pessimism, optimism   View Answer

Had another offer which does not require me to relocate

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Tabula Inc in April 2009.

Great process from begining to the end.

Interview Questions
    • Technical expertise within this organization is very deep. Come well prepared if you interview.   Answer Question

Senior Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tabula Inc in May 2008.

First phone interview to filter the candidates, and then a full day interview with the managers and employees of the group. It usually takes a couple of weeks to get the results and offer details.