Tabula Inc

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Tabula Inc in April 2009.

Interview Details – Great process from begining to the end.

Interview Question – Technical expertise within this organization is very deep. Come well prepared if you interview.   Answer Question

Custom Circuit Design Eng Interview

Custom Circuit Design Eng
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tabula Inc in February 2013.

Interview Details – Uploaded my resume and got a phone call. Discussed an interview date. Interview process is 2 phases. Preliminary one hour, and a detailed one 4 hours. The preliminary one was all technical with a very knowledgeable person. He came prepared with printed pages of questions circuits to analyse. Good questions. Very professional.

Second interview more of the same with 4 people and then the HR person

Interview Question – Stack of 2 N transistors connected between VDD and VSS. Calculate the voltage in the mid point if transistors equal in size. Gates both connected to VDD.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

ASIC Design Interview

ASIC Design
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tabula Inc in June 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with some Tabula's engineers with an abundance of "text-book" type mindset, instead of real world practical, get the job done experience and outlook. It didn't help those interviewing me lacked my experience . I absolutely do not see how they can compete against entrenched players like Altera and Xilinx, despite Tabula's access to Intel 's foundry. It takes more than advanced process technology to make it in the FPGA space. I find Tabula's engineers myopic to say the least.

Interview Question – They were looking to trip you up by "crossing the T's and doting the I's " type questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Way better offer from Altera and Altera is not going bankrupt anytime soon.

Staff Engineer Interview

Staff Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Tabula Inc in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was screened in a telephone interview with the senior verification manager. It went on with knowing my inerests, experience and skill set, educational background, what the company does and details about the job profile and requirements. Then the actual interview started with some basic verilog, verilog event queue, verilog modeling, CMOS circuitcs, verification approach (using ABV, CRV, CDV etc) etc

Interview Question – question related to x-pessimism, optimism   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Had another offer which does not require me to relocate

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Tabula Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tabula Inc interview questions and advice in Santa Clara, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Tabula Inc employees and interview candidates.