Tacit Knowledge

4.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tacit Knowledge

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Tacit Knowledge.

It was a detailed, tough 6 hour process with 5 different interviews and a social lunch. I really appreciated the process because I was able to ask as many questions as they asked me. They really do their due diligence to ensure they hire only the best people.

Interview Questions
    • Some great technical questions to test my level of eCommerce development and Agile practices.   Answer Question
    They were great, polite, fast and realistic.

PM/Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Tacit Knowledge.

Process included one phone interview, then an in person meeting that was most of the day. At first that was a bit surprising but it was broken into a few parts - technical, scenario-based and open discussion. I was there at 9:30am then another group took me to lunch which was more of a personality fit experience. All of the questions were relevant and didn't feel like a quiz but more of a discussion however I also definitely felt challenged. It was a bit intimidating and certainly exhausting but I really appreciated the thoroughness.

Interview Questions
    • Hands on exercise to map out a project scenario and steps   Answer Question

IT Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Tacit Knowledge in July 2014.

Well structured, but not terribly difficult questions to anyone that has experience delivering technology solutions and is allowed to elaborate on that experience: 1.) Top grade: interviewer knew some of the firms that I had worked with and took a somewhat paranoia generating tone in the interview, but it was detailed enough to get the information required if fairly assessed, but most firms take the time to get interviewees consent to speak with former employers and associates, 2.) Responsibility for delivery: review of Agile concepts. Honestly, I had worked on SCRUM teams with 4-6 delivery groups on highly organized on-off shore verticals with full web-analytics and highly vetted methods. They later indicated to the recruiter that this was a weak area, but I know this to not be the case. There was some indication that the tools I used were of a different type than they had in mind, but I know that they are the industry standards for BA/BSA work so I didn't pay much attention there - maybe not have a serious opinion here, as developers like to tell users the tools they need, 3.) excellent lunch provided off-site, 4.) White board overview of IT stack previously delivered; my example was not eCommerce, but two of the developers liked it, repeating that it was great, even after the director left the meeting immediately, sending a message that this was not the type of platform they were used to discussing (perhaps), 5.) Rambler: Responses to simple a.) requirements vetting and b.) sign-off request messages from a past client are discussed. They might have asked about root-cause analysis instead since this is one of their sweet spots.Interviewer could not answer question wrt metrics used on BIGG EYE (Big Data analysis tool created by the firm). Thought I may have been perceived as prying. 6.) HR meeting. Attempted to pay a complement by stating that I was impressed with firm's GD rating. Told that they do not "talk about Glass Door" ratings. A bit odd. No responses to the seven thank you emails I sent to the group.

Interview Questions
    • If an interviewer has a preconceived perception to answer an answer based on third-party information already provided wrt interviewee and makes this point plain, and he lends that source undue credibility, it is difficult to overcome said perception.   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Tacit Knowledge in August 2013.

Insightful and thoughtful 6-8 hour interview schedule in one day, rather than 3-4 repeat visits. Each session allowed me to convey or demonstrate my experience whilst also presenting the type of work and challenges I would face day-to-day with Tacit Knowledge.

There was minimal repetition with the questions and I found the whole experience enjoyable. I especially appreciate the cultural fit lunch with colleagues I would not likely work with every day.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was a couple of phone calls back and forth with the MD but we both had similar expectations and no surprises.