Taco Bell

Getting the Interview

17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2011.

Interview Details – Depending on your district or franchise you can have as many as 3 interviews. One with the assistant store manager, second with the store manager, and third with the district manager. If not you will probably do an interview with just the store manager. Interview questions were basic, they would ask what is your availability, why do you want to work for this company, tell me about yourself, past work experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Crew Member

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – After I applied they called me within a week. The questions were common sense for the most part. All in all its ridiculously easy to get hired. I mean its fast food.

Interview Question – What are your goals in life and where do you see yourself in 5 years from now ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was 16 and needed money for sports so I took the job but quit my senior year.

Crew Member Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – Applied online and had an interview within the week. Questions were very basic and you essentially get the job assuming you’re not completely stupid and have experience with food, money or customer service. It was mentioned to me that I had a nice smile and then was hired on the spot. I don’t know if that was a determining factor, just thought it was an odd thing to say in an interview.

Interview Question – What is your favorite fast-food joint and why? Seems obvious you would say Taco Bell considering you’re interviewing with Taco Bell….   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Lansing, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in January 2013.

Interview Details – All they do is ask you what your strengths and weaknesses are. they ask about your experience and give you scenario examples to see how you would handle them. They then ask you a few questions about yourself. the whole process is about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – Trying to figure out what your weaknesses is kind of hard.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Taco Bell

Interview Details – Went to Taco Bell one day and asked for an application from a crew member, they said they really needed staff and that I should come in the next day before a certain time, which I did, for an interview with the manager and that I had a high chance of being hired since staff was limited, I went home and filled out the application and at about 12 pm the next day I went back and asked to speak to the manager but he wasn't there. The assistant manager took my application and said the manager would call me soon. About 6 hours later I called the specific location to see if the manager received my application but no one answered. I'm still waiting for an interview or a call back at least, but with these results I have very little hope. So far my process hasn't been too enjoyable since I feel clueless. Hopefully I will get a call, interview, and job soon.

Interview Question – Still waiting to get an interview   Answer Question

Crew Member

I applied in-person and interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – Scheduled interview but manager was never able to show up

Interviewed at Taco Bell

Interview Details – Easy just talk to the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Are you ready to have fun?   Answer Question

Enfield, CT

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – I applied here in person and heard back the same week asking for me to come in for an interview the next day. I arrived dressed appropriately. The interview lasted about 5 minutes and he asked me to come in the next day at ten. I thought this meant I got the job considering he didn't specify what I needed to be there for. So I arrive the next day and they offered me a drink, introduced me to a team member, and I sat down with the manager. Apparently this was just another interview and it went on for about 45 minutes. He went on all about the company, how the food was prepared, took my sizes. At the end he shook my hand and told me I should expect to hear back from him by Friday (it was Tuesday when I had the interview). Friday comes around and I don't hear anything. I continue to call Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. They gave me the run around, never called back nor gave me any straight answers. I didn't ever get in touch with the manager after that day on the interview.

Interview Question – Would you step on your coworkers toes if you were competing with them for the same promotion?   View Answer

Burlington, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Taco Bell in February 2012.

Interview Details – It was one interview. It has very brief and mostly about previous experience. They expect you to come looking clean and ready for work. They look for team players, so if you are a lone wolf, or a "minimum management" kind of person this isn't the job for you. Some of the Interviewers may be touchy as shifts in fast food can be very stressful. Do not take their anger or being upset as an indication of your interview. They will require you to take a small math test in order to operate the front end. It isn't hard for most people, but if your bad at math you may want to brush up the day before. Usually, I have noticed since working there that a firm handshake and a smile will get your a call. After being hired, you attend orientation at a different building. Very simple.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For me, there was no negotiation. In my state, most fast food employees are paid minimum wage.

Interviewed at Taco Bell

Interview Details – I used to work at a previous Taco Bell which I got the job through a friend, so I really didn't have an interview. The second location, I had to go in for an initial interview with the regional manager and it was relatively short. They told I would be working in a different store and that was it. I had a second five minute interview, where I was asked about 2 questions and I was hired.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Taco Bell

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!

Taco Bell Videos

Taco Bell – Why Work for Us?

Working at Taco Bell means loving the food, and joining a high-energy team that serves 3 million customers every day. Whether it's at headquarters or in the restaurant, everyone is passionate about delivering the best… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Taco Bell Crew Member interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by Taco Bell employees and interview candidates.