Taco Bell Fryer Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Fryer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Visalia, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Visalia, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in April 2012.

About a week after I applied to Taco Bell, I called them to ask them about the status of my application. I got a brief and rushed response that management would review my application and call me to schedule an interview. About 2 weeks later, I got a call from Taco Bell, summoning me for an interview. When I walked in the restaurant, I waited for about 20 minutes because it was around lunchtime, and the place was pretty packed. I waited patiently at a table. One of the employees offered me a free beverage, which was considerate of her. That tiny act of kindness demonstrated to me that Taco Bell is kind and values their employees and even potential employees! Finally, it was time for the interview. My interviewer was a very personable and pleasant male. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. He seemed down-to-earth but focused. I respect that. He asked me self-assessment questions about my punctual habits and experience I have helping customers who have complained. He seemed very positive, the type of person who sees a positive in any situation. I feel that I would have made a great employee, regarding my experience of working in a fast-paced restaurant for 4 years, and my ability to be pleasant and helpful at all times. The manager who interviewed me seemed like a happy person, one who could see both the pros and cons of any situation and come up with an effective solution. A healthy work environment is one that breeds positivity, not negativity. Employees need to have a positive relationship with one another in order to be a productive team. From watching how the other employees interacted with each other while they worked, my impression was that this was a place where work relations between employees was healthy and bred good customer service. Being in an environment like that gets me more motivated because I know that only something good can come out of a strong team-oriented foundation. The last thing the manager said to me as the interview ended was that he needed to contact my former manager, who wasn't so positive and bred a hateful work environment. I believe that is what poisoned my chance of getting the job at Taco Bell. My advice to other candidates applying to this place is to be honest and friendly. Honesty is the best policy, and if a certain job isn't right for you, then it won't work out, so just be honest about who you are and what your strengths are. Don't exaggerate them to get a job. Believe it or not, that will not benefit you in the long run. Good luck.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you use exceptional customer service.   View Answer

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!