Taco Bell

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

1.9

Taco Bell Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in December 2014.

The hiring process took three days. Visited a store, filled out and submitted my application on Saturday, got a call on Sunday, interview on Monday. I suggest visiting the store you wanted to apply as I applied online a week before and did not get a call. I arrived 10 minutes early and the manager was still not there. It was not a problem, because I decided to go early to make a good impression. The interview started with basic questions like my name, mode of transportation, hours available. Then he asked if multitasking would be okay for me and of course I said yes. The manager also asked what did I do when I was faced with a difficult task. He then just told me that they needed a team member that would smile to the customers, and he said it seems like I don't have a problem with that since I was smiling confidently the whole time I was being interviewed. I was told that he still has a few more interviews but would love to have me on board. I got hired on the spot, 9$ per hour (minimum wage in CA). I did not negotiate because I thought I do not have the right to because I do not have previous job experiences at all. Got asked for my shirt size, and told me to come on Wednesday for my training.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do when you were faced with a difficult task   Answer Question
    No negotiations

Cashier Interview

It was a long hiring procedure. There wasn't a necessary interview just a phone cal with a couple of questions. Then you go to training for a couple of days a week and don't get paid the full time. Also uniforms are not the right size.

Crew Member Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell.

We interviewed in a KFC dining area (lol). The interview was short, simple and to the point, I am sure it's comparable to any typical interview for a fast food place. She asked me about my goals, pay (I was able to negotiate) and availability. The position was simple enough, not a hard job at all.

Interview Questions
    • There was really no difficult question....it's a fast food restaurant, not a fortune 500 company ;)   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in October 2014.

I had initially seen an ad about a Taco Bell management job fair but I could not attend due to other commitments, so I went to the Taco Bell website and applied that way. I heard back from a field recruiter within a week or less. She sent me some info to look over that had to do with the company and then set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was about 20-30 mins long and I was asked about my background in management and my previous salary, what my schedule was like, what my expectations were. She then said that she would forward my information to the area manager and let them decide what to do from that point on. I got an email stating that I could come for an interview later that week with the district/area manager. I showed up for that and was interviewed by two people. They asked me a lot of questions about prior management experience and my schedule. I asked what the next step was in the hiring process and was told that it is usually a 3 part deal, but that the third person to interview candidates was the 2nd person doing my interview that day so i got to skip the 3rd interview! They finished the interview and let me know I would hear from them within 24 hours one way or another. I was called back within a couple of hours and given a verbal offer of the job. I was told that once my background check etc had been submitted that I would be given a written contract via email and could start the 6-8 week training process.

Interview Questions
    • What was the best part of your last job?
      What was the most challenging part of your last job?
      Why do you want to work for Taco Bell?
      Tell me about yourself.

View Answer
    I was asked my previous salary during the 1st interview. During conversation with the 3rd interview person I was asked what I was looking for salary wise. I stated that I had left my previous job at 36k and had started it at 32k and was hoping for somewhere in between those two numbers, obviously believing my abilities place me at the high end. They stated that sounded reasonable to work with and when I was given the offer they offered me a base of 36k and bonuses.

Service Champion Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell.

I applied online, was called the next day. The interview was unnecessarily long. Interviewer didn't seem interested in interviewing me at all. It was long and drawn out and he was consistently distracted.

No negotiation on wages allowed.

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell.

Sometimes u dont always get the position you want but just take what they give you and show them that you are willing and able to work your way up

Interview Questions
    I ended up getting a team member position instead of shift manager but I am going to show them that I deserve it

Cashier Interview

Pretty basic interview questions. Made me watch a few educational videos for their store like Food Safety, Good Customer Service, etc. It was very time consuming and a bit boring but once you ge through that part you are just about in.

They liked my smile :)

Service Champion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in September 2014.

applied online. got a call for interview within a week. at interview, the only question asked was when i was available to work. got hired then and there. started training/work next week.

flexible negotiation with shifts/schedule

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell.

It was pretty straight forward I gave the hiring manager my application the next day I recieved it and she told me my interview was on Friday so I came in the store on Friday as instructed and I when I entered the store there were many other people in there waiting to get interviews and when the hiring manager got to me she asked me one question she asked me " what are your strengths and weaknesses " I told her and we started having a conversation and got the Job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Customer Service Interview

Easy questions and a written test nothing to worry about. One of the easiest interviews I have ever been on granted I was 16 at the time but non the less easy.