Taco Bell

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, was contacted within 30 days by a HR rep. Set up a phone interview for the following week. Covered basic questions, why Taco Bell, some situational questions along with behavioral questions.

She immediately set up a second interview with the area coach and director of operations for later that week.

Second interview was pretty relaxed and laid back. Consisted of going over previous experiences, achieved goals, training techniques, and why they should hire you. If you have never worked for a Taco Bell, if they choose to move forward with you they will schedule a RJP during a lunch or dinner rush with a stores GM (realistic job preview). This Is used to give you a first hand look at what you're getting into.
If you have past Taco Bell experience, they may have you skip the RJP.

I was offered the position and accepted the same day.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where an employee is consistently under performing?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Generous offer. No room for negotiation, they have set guidelines for salaries.

Waitress Interview

Waitress
Ripon, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Taco Bell in February 2012.

Interview Details – Just one interview, super easy you just have to be honest with everyone. Honesty is always the best policy. Dress nice be yourself, I am sure you are awesome and you will do well.

Interview Question – They asked me how I liked their food, and I was honest and said not that much and it was a strategic place for me to work so I wouldn't want to eat there all the time. It was great.   Answer Question

Taco Bell Assistant Manager Interview

Taco Bell Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Taco Bell

Interview Details – The process was very short. I was called a few days after I submitted my application. My interview was scheduled for 2 weeks later. I met with the different shift managers for about 20 minutes each. They told me what my daily schedule would look like and about how many hours I would be expected to work. After the interview I received a call a week or so later offering my the job.

Interview Question – They asked how long I was planning on remaining in the position which I thought was very unprofessional   Answer Question

Taco Bell Team Member/Cashier Interview

Taco Bell Team Member/Cashier
Kalamazoo, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in January 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process for this position was totally relaxed. As long as you seem like someone who cares about their appearance and their livelihood, you have the job.

I got a friendly call from the store manager, followed by a 1:1 chat with her to see if I was as physically competent as I sounded.

Interview Question – How was the trip here?   View Answer

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Vacaville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – Applied online and I got a call a couple of days later. When I went in for the interview, there were people being interviewed already so I had to wait. The interview was really easy, I just had to fill out a background check form and and asked me a couple of questions.

Interview Question – What would you do with your time if there were no customers?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Citrus Heights, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2014.

Interview Details – Walked in and asked the Assistant Manager about their hiring situation. She immediately asked me my availability, and how old I was; 16. She told me to bring a blank work permit application, and Social Security information the following week and she would love to interview me. I get that stuff together and walk in the next week and ask for 'Nancy' and she recognized me and gave me an application. I sat down and filled it out and when I was almost finished, she started talking to me. Just casual conversation. She then stated that she would love to hire me, but that I needed to come back the next day and speak with the General Manager. I thank her and come back the next day. I tell the cashier that I have an interview with the general manager. She comes over and gives me a free drink and tells me to sit. So I do and I waited for about 25 minutes until a different Assistant Manager introduces himself to me. He acts as if the General Manager is going to come and take over but just keeps talking. He asks me questions that are what appeared to be disguised as small talk, but I realized he was trying to see if I would be a good fit. Turned out that he was actually the one interviewing me. He only asked two questions and then excused himself to go and see if the General Manager wanted to speak with me also. He came back without her, and said that they had a spot for me if I wanted it, which I gladly accepted. He gave me a coupon for shoes and asked for my shirt and pants size. He then said that as soon as they arrived he would call me and discuss orientation. I thanked him, and went on my way. As far as advice, I'd say smile a lot. He really liked that and so did the other Assistant Manager. They want to see that you are happy and will do the same for customers to make them feel good.

Interview Questions

• Why Do You Want To Work Here?   View Answer
  • Discuss a time in your personal, work, or school life where you had to overcome an obstacle that was really hard, but in the end you overcame it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As far as pay, he told me I'd be getting paid $8.00 and that it would soon raise to $9.00 in July.

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – There is always open interview. It is a typical fast food place. New people, Free food, free uniforms. Managers are micro managers. Food is nasty.easy job if you need quick money. Really small rooms for promotions.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Service Champion Interview

Service Champion
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in November 2013.

Interview Details – I had one interview, he used interview cards. They were all very simple questions. The store was also short staffed and busy so he kept excusing himself to handle customers in the middle of my interview. I wore a skirt and a black shirt.One week went by after interview and I called him and he offered me a job.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were late and how it affected the team.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Shift Manager Interview

Shift Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – Interview was easy and they did ask some mathmatical questions. They also asked some common sense. They would like to know your availabilty. You dont need to have any specail needs

Taco Bell Cashier Interview

Taco Bell Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Walked into a interview. Sat down with the manager and was told to fill out an application. Asked about my prior experience and education level. Asked if I which position I wanted, full time or part time, and what hours I was available. In the end I was given a job as a cashier with minimum wage.

Interview Question – What my tax rate was.   Answer Question

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!