Taco Bell Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

1.9

Taco Bell Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in December 2014.

Interview

The hiring process took three days. Visited a store, filled out and submitted my application on Saturday, got a call on Sunday, interview on Monday. I suggest visiting the store you wanted to apply as I applied online a week before and did not get a call. I arrived 10 minutes early and the manager was still not there. It was not a problem, because I decided to go early to make a good impression. The interview started with basic questions like my name, mode of transportation, hours available. Then he asked if multitasking would be okay for me and of course I said yes. The manager also asked what did I do when I was faced with a difficult task. He then just told me that they needed a team member that would smile to the customers, and he said it seems like I don't have a problem with that since I was smiling confidently the whole time I was being interviewed. I was told that he still has a few more interviews but would love to have me on board. I got hired on the spot, 9$ per hour (minimum wage in CA). I did not negotiate because I thought I do not have the right to because I do not have previous job experiences at all. Got asked for my shirt size, and told me to come on Wednesday for my training.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you were faced with a difficult task   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Taco Bell in December 2014.

Interview

I arrived at the store, which had not opened to the public yet. This was after I turned in my resume and got a call to come in at 9:00. One other person was applying to the job. I filled out the application, which included past work experience and references. I then answered some simple questions with the manager. She wanted to know how I would fit in at the Taco Bell.

Taco Bell Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Taco Bell in December 2014.

Interview

I filled the application out online few weeks later received a call for a interview i went in i was dressed very professional when i got there she was In a interview with another boy in the lobby & i waited listening to what she was askig him to see if it was gonnna be conversation or a real interview but when i was waiting another girl came waiting to but she wasn dressed properly she had on leggins a shirt & some snow UGG boots so i said to my self ion think she gone do well cause she didn care how she looked so i the manager came over we was talking & i told her about my self & what i went to school for & why i choise this job & she told me a every day life there & thier team was like family no arguments really no drama all ways be friendly one girl got Fired cause she just would not smile & she rehired her cuz the girl said she was ready now & she still aint smile so she got fired again & than the girl i said in my head about she wasn gone Get the job the manager got done with me 30 mins later She asked me do i wanna talk to the other hiring manager & see if he feel the same way about me like she do & so i waited & The other girl who was waiting got up & left so interview with him he asked me why should we choose you tell ne about yourself & ect & than he said he give call if they make a decision when i left 2 other people came in for a interview im like damn i hope i did good Cause its a whole a lot to choose from & a week later she called offerd me the position & i got the job i was surprised & happy☺

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you? What would you do if a employee having a bad day?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Cashier Interview

Interview

It was a long hiring procedure. There wasn't a necessary interview just a phone cal with a couple of questions. Then you go to training for a couple of days a week and don't get paid the full time. Also uniforms are not the right size.

Crew Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview

We interviewed in a KFC dining area (lol). The interview was short, simple and to the point, I am sure it's comparable to any typical interview for a fast food place. She asked me about my goals, pay (I was able to negotiate) and availability. The position was simple enough, not a hard job at all.

Interview Questions

• There was really no difficult question....it's a fast food restaurant, not a fortune 500 company ;)   1 Answer

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in October 2014.

Interview

I had initially seen an ad about a Taco Bell management job fair but I could not attend due to other commitments, so I went to the Taco Bell website and applied that way. I heard back from a field recruiter within a week or less. She sent me some info to look over that had to do with the company and then set up a phone interview with me. The phone interview was about 20-30 mins long and I was asked about my background in management and my previous salary, what my schedule was like, what my expectations were. She then said that she would forward my information to the area manager and let them decide what to do from that point on. I got an email stating that I could come for an interview later that week with the district/area manager. I showed up for that and was interviewed by two people. They asked me a lot of questions about prior management experience and my schedule. I asked what the next step was in the hiring process and was told that it is usually a 3 part deal, but that the third person to interview candidates was the 2nd person doing my interview that day so i got to skip the 3rd interview! They finished the interview and let me know I would hear from them within 24 hours one way or another. I was called back within a couple of hours and given a verbal offer of the job. I was told that once my background check etc had been submitted that I would be given a written contract via email and could start the 6-8 week training process.

Interview Questions

• What was the best part of your last job?
      What was the most challenging part of your last job?
      Why do you want to work for Taco Bell?
      Tell me about yourself.

1 Answer

Negotiation

I was asked my previous salary during the 1st interview. During conversation with the 3rd interview person I was asked what I was looking for salary wise. I stated that I had left my previous job at 36k and had started it at 32k and was hoping for somewhere in between those two numbers, obviously believing my abilities place me at the high end. They stated that sounded reasonable to work with and when I was given the offer they offered me a base of 36k and bonuses.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Taco Bell (Lehighton, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I initially found out about Taco Bell hiring from seeing a sign. I had went in and got amd application, filled it out, then turned in two days later. It only took 3 days for them to call me to set up an interview. The first imterview was nice. He was nice asking basic questions about my schooling, what my job history was, and if i knew how to use a cash register. We set up another date were i would come in and get everything set up. I was an item short so it had to stop at the second interview seeing as it could've taken several weeks to get what i needed. Other than that i would've had the job. He was very kind and the failed job interview was on me.

Service Champion Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview

I applied online, was called the next day. The interview was unnecessarily long. Interviewer didn't seem interested in interviewing me at all. It was long and drawn out and he was consistently distracted.

Negotiation

No negotiation on wages allowed.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview

Sometimes u dont always get the position you want but just take what they give you and show them that you are willing and able to work your way up

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I ended up getting a team member position instead of shift manager but I am going to show them that I deserve it

Cashier Interview

Interview

Pretty basic interview questions. Made me watch a few educational videos for their store like Food Safety, Good Customer Service, etc. It was very time consuming and a bit boring but once you ge through that part you are just about in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They liked my smile :)