Taco Bell

Updated Dec 1, 2014
Updated Dec 1, 2014

1.9

Taco Bell Assistant Manager Interview

The process was very short. I was called a few days after I submitted my application. My interview was scheduled for 2 weeks later. I met with the different shift managers for about 20 minutes each. They told me what my daily schedule would look like and about how many hours I would be expected to work. After the interview I received a call a week or so later offering my the job.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how long I was planning on remaining in the position which I thought was very unprofessional   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell.

Applied online and I got a call a couple of days later. When I went in for the interview, there were people being interviewed already so I had to wait. The interview was really easy, I just had to fill out a background check form and and asked me a couple of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do with your time if there were no customers?   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in July 2014.

Applied online, was contacted within 30 days by a HR rep. Set up a phone interview for the following week. Covered basic questions, why Taco Bell, some situational questions along with behavioral questions.

She immediately set up a second interview with the area coach and director of operations for later that week.

Second interview was pretty relaxed and laid back. Consisted of going over previous experiences, achieved goals, training techniques, and why they should hire you. If you have never worked for a Taco Bell, if they choose to move forward with you they will schedule a RJP during a lunch or dinner rush with a stores GM (realistic job preview). This Is used to give you a first hand look at what you're getting into.
    If you have past Taco Bell experience, they may have you skip the RJP.

I was offered the position and accepted the same day.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where an employee is consistently under performing?   Answer Question
    Generous offer. No room for negotiation, they have set guidelines for salaries.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell in July 2014.

Turned in paper app. couple of weeks later called in to check in on it. got an interview. very easy interview. was only ask about availability. it's irritating applying for places and having them not know whether they are hiring or not.

Interview Questions
    • Not really an interview was just asked about my availability. Are you social able?   View Answer

Service Champion Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in July 2014.

Applied online and went in the next day to turn in my resume. My aunt who is a Area Coach got me an interview with the store manager. Got an interview on the spot. Also was hired on the spot. The questions were fairly easy and simple to answer. She was very nice and straight forward with what she wanted.

Interview Questions
    • Do I have the ability to follow strict procedures and directions in a specific order and fashion?   View Answer
    I would like to hire you, what is your availability like and when can you come back to try on the uniform?

Crew Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell.

There is always open interview. It is a typical fast food place. New people, Free food, free uniforms. Managers are micro managers. Food is nasty.easy job if you need quick money. Really small rooms for promotions.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an upset customer   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview was easy and they did ask some mathmatical questions. They also asked some common sense. They would like to know your availabilty. You dont need to have any specail needs

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell.

I had a initial interview with a restaurant manager, who passed my application on. They called me back and I had multiple phone interviews with different people in the hiring department. Unfortunately, though I liked the person I originally interviewed with, I was not hired for his location.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell.

They will expect you to smile. They are looking for a positive attitude and knowledge about food service. They want to know why you want to work there. If you are interviewing for management you will have 3 separate interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Taco Bell?   View Answer
    They will offer you a set amount there is not really much room for negotiation. Shift Manager$9-$10 dollars an hour. Employee- min wage to 50 cents above minimum wage. Assistant General Manager - $28,000 - $35,000. General Manager $40,000 to $50,000. Area Coach - $55,000- $65,000.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in June 2014.

Walked in and asked the Assistant Manager about their hiring situation. She immediately asked me my availability, and how old I was; 16. She told me to bring a blank work permit application, and Social Security information the following week and she would love to interview me. I get that stuff together and walk in the next week and ask for 'Nancy' and she recognized me and gave me an application. I sat down and filled it out and when I was almost finished, she started talking to me. Just casual conversation. She then stated that she would love to hire me, but that I needed to come back the next day and speak with the General Manager. I thank her and come back the next day. I tell the cashier that I have an interview with the general manager. She comes over and gives me a free drink and tells me to sit. So I do and I waited for about 25 minutes until a different Assistant Manager introduces himself to me. He acts as if the General Manager is going to come and take over but just keeps talking. He asks me questions that are what appeared to be disguised as small talk, but I realized he was trying to see if I would be a good fit. Turned out that he was actually the one interviewing me. He only asked two questions and then excused himself to go and see if the General Manager wanted to speak with me also. He came back without her, and said that they had a spot for me if I wanted it, which I gladly accepted. He gave me a coupon for shoes and asked for my shirt and pants size. He then said that as soon as they arrived he would call me and discuss orientation. I thanked him, and went on my way. As far as advice, I'd say smile a lot. He really liked that and so did the other Assistant Manager. They want to see that you are happy and will do the same for customers to make them feel good.

Interview Questions
    • Why Do You Want To Work Here?   View Answer
    • Discuss a time in your personal, work, or school life where you had to overcome an obstacle that was really hard, but in the end you overcame it.   View Answer
    As far as pay, he told me I'd be getting paid $8.00 and that it would soon raise to $9.00 in July.