Taco Bell

1.9

Service Champion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in November 2013.

I had one interview, he used interview cards. They were all very simple questions. The store was also short staffed and busy so he kept excusing himself to handle customers in the middle of my interview. I wore a skirt and a black shirt.One week went by after interview and I called him and he offered me a job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were late and how it affected the team.   View Answer
    none

Crew Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Taco Bell.

Applied online and had an interview within the week. Questions were very basic and you essentially get the job assuming you’re not completely stupid and have experience with food, money or customer service. It was mentioned to me that I had a nice smile and then was hired on the spot. I don’t know if that was a determining factor, just thought it was an odd thing to say in an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite fast-food joint and why? Seems obvious you would say Taco Bell considering you’re interviewing with Taco Bell….   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in October 2013.

Be casual and direct, know your worth. Remind yourself that this is the lowest pit you can be in, and if you don't get what you want just walk away. You are worth a lot to Taco Bell, remember that Taco Bell has nothing to offer you in return. It's just hell.

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for a salary. Months later the salary still did not kick in. They usually pay you around 9.5 hourly.

Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Taco Bell in October 2013.

the interview was simple he told me what he expected from his employees and asked what i was looking for in a job, told me i would know the next day if i was hired.

Interview Questions
    he called the next day before noon and asked if i was still interested, i said yes and i went to orientation the next week.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell.

I was just in the right place and in the right time and got hired after only one interview.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell.

The process was simple but took awhile. The managers took forever to respond with an interview date, but my start date was quick. The questions were basic. If you have previous fast food experience, you can start out at a higher pay. The employees kept talking to the manager as the interview was occurring, which made the interview take longer then expected. After it was finished, paperwork was completed and the manager disappeared for about an hour before they came back to show me around the store. You were required to wear a specific set of clothing, yet it took almost 3 weeks to receive the clothing. The clothing was a basic size and required modification of them at the employees expense.

Taco Bell Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell.

I applied and a few days later, I was called for an interview. The person who was supposed to interview me was busy, so the newest manager (who had never done an interview before) was to interview me. She brought out these cards that were in the shapes of different taco bell food items, and told me to pick one. On the back of it was a question. The questions were pretty basic; they were questions like, "What would you do if you were running late for work?" or "why are you a good candidate for Taco Bell?" etc.

Shift Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell.

Basic interview skills are needed.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to work weekends, nights, and mornings. Don't plan to have a set schedule.   Answer Question

Taco Bell Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shirley, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shirley, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in September 2013.

My first interview with the General Manager or "GM" was quite positive. I arrived at the date and time stated on a poster for recruitment. I had previously filled out their website application for Shift Lead and Assistant Manager.
    The GM brought out a suitcase and took out cards of different colors with pictures of the food items on the backs of them. He shuffled them, and ask me to pull out a few. One their backs were standard questions, each of which I answered as positively as possible.
    After this brief interview he determined that due to my maturity, I would be an excellent Assistant Manager. He then informed me that I would have to take a second interview with their Regional Manager. We made the appointment for the following week, at 9:30am.

Next week I arrived and was told the Regional Manager was out sick. So we made another appointment for the next week. Next week, no manager of any kind arrived. I was told that the GM was at a meeting in another state. At that point, I gave up. I started writing to Yum! Brands Human Resources and asked them to find someone else to interview me.

Three weeks later I got a call asking me to arrive immediately because a new Area Manager was in town, for only a few minutes. I arrived and we met, and I was grilled. Turned over hot coals. Questions like: "Why should we hire you?" and "Can you lead people confidently?" were fired at me at point-blank range. The Area Manager was abrasive. He offered me the Shift Lead position at $10 per hour, which is well below my usual salary rate. I told him I'd decided to go for Assistant Manager, to which he took down a new sign that had an email address on the bottom, and asked me to submit my "application" to the email. What he and the other manager meant was to submit my resume and a cover letter to this person via email. I did so, and two days later I was asked to meet at a Taco Bell in a neighboring county, over 50 miles away.

I met with the Yum! Brands Recruiter and the Area Manager there, and right away I could tell that they were not pleased to be conducting an interview so early in the morning. Never-mind that I have to be up a 5am to meet them! Their interview was long, and asked questions like, "What would you do with an employee who failed to live up to expectations?" I answered that I'd take them aside and talk to them, and if they didn't improve, I'd fire them if need be.

It didn't seem to go over well. They seemed to be impressed but did not like my resume. I got the feeling that they wanted a man in the position, not a woman. I think they thought I'd let the employees run rampant. I thought I'd proved it, but not to their expectations. Still, I left with a reasonably positive felling about the interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an employee who failed to improve, even after repeated requests?   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Went to Taco Bell one day and asked for an application from a crew member, they said they really needed staff and that I should come in the next day before a certain time, which I did, for an interview with the manager and that I had a high chance of being hired since staff was limited, I went home and filled out the application and at about 12 pm the next day I went back and asked to speak to the manager but he wasn't there. The assistant manager took my application and said the manager would call me soon. About 6 hours later I called the specific location to see if the manager received my application but no one answered. I'm still waiting for an interview or a call back at least, but with these results I have very little hope. So far my process hasn't been too enjoyable since I feel clueless. Hopefully I will get a call, interview, and job soon.