Taco Bell Restaurant General Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.3

Restaurant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me the next day to schedule a phone interview. A week later, I had the phone interview with the same recruiter and it lasted an hour. It went well and she asked a lot of question about my previous restaurant experience. I then was scheduled with the local Area mgr at a local Taco Bell. I got call that the Area Mgr wanted me to meet with the DM during the same interview, but I was not able to make it so I have 2 separate interviews. First with the Area Mgr, he was late 15mins; then DM and Area Mgr together, they were late 15-30mins. I was just sitting in a Taco Bell and waited...and waited......Both interviews was easy and they asked me very standard questions. Based on my previous experience and my salary history, I believed it was over their starting rate, they said they would try to match my requirement. Both interviews were very easy for me and they agreed that I could be an Area Mgr within a year. I suggested to go to a local store to do a on job review, I went to the store and talk with the GM there and found out my salary expectation was 10k more what they start people out. I waited for an hour but the Area Mgr was not able to make it on time. 2 days later, I contacted the Area Mgr and let him know I would not move forward with them because I believed they would not be able to match my rate. And....I strongly believe that the upper leaderships do not have self-disciplined, nor the people who are under them. I do not want to work for people who do not care about being on time.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave the previous restaurant? How did I get paid previously?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Taco Bell

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Gurnee, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

First I interviewed with the Regional Manager because the Area Coach (District Manager) was on vacation. She was very thorough with the job parameters. She did an excellent job of going over the benefits. Was smooth conversation. Very easy to talk with. Talked about the ability to move forward with the company if wanted.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience. told them about my 19 years at the one company and my changing and evolving roles there.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Apopka, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Apopka, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Well I had two phone interviews one on Skype. Mostly basic manager questions. Then was set up to interview with area manager which was easy and laid back. He told me he really liked me but I was needed in different area not his so I would interview with another area manager. Which I went to meet but had to call email the first lady I talked to to get it set up since I did not hear back from, so she set it up. I went and was asked if I had to would I start at a lower position making 1000,s less if I had to. That was not even cool. Then told I would be set up with regional manager, since he liked me we move on to the next interview. Which was never set up even after I sent another email to remind them was told I call someone to remind them and nothing. So 4 interviews and nothing not even a sorry we decided to go a different route. Very unprofessional and waste of time and gas. Which I drove 50 miles one way for both interviews, which when you don't have income is not easy.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? How would you deal with an angry guest? No hard questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online- immediate follow up from a Recruiter Interviewed with District Manager Interviewed with a Corporate Rep

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your currrent employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Omaha, NE) in October 2012.

Interview

1 telephone and 2 face to face interview process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told them I earn $52,000 a year, I need at least a lateral move or better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied on-line, telephone interview and set up a face to face with the Area Manager.

Interview Questions

• How would you recruit and retain minimum wage employees.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. They stated the salary - but forgot to mention that you would be expected to work over 70 hours per week I would have been better off meeting the devil at the crossroads and trading my sole to play guitar. At least I would have had a good time and learned a usable skill..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by an interview with Area Coach, Followed by an interview with the Regional Manager, followed by a RJP (In store "Tryout")

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate, offer was more then fair.