Taco Bell

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – Interview was easy and they did ask some mathmatical questions. They also asked some common sense. They would like to know your availabilty. You dont need to have any specail needs

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in February 2014.

Interview Details – hiring and interview process took about a month

Mount Shasta, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in May 2010.

Interview Details – Filled out an application . Got a call for a interview then started

Interview Question – Is the pay good   View Answer

Shift Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – Ask you questions to make sure you are not completely retarded.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected, they may ask why you want to work for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you try hard you might be able to get them to start you out at 7.50... Tell them you want to be a crew trainer and I have seen people start at 8.50. This is the ONLY chance you will have to increase your pay by a decent amount. Your yearly increase will be around $.05 cents.

Kansas City, MO

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in February 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired on the spot. I went into for my interview and started the next day. I do not enjoy my job any more because Taco Bell does not offer raises very often.

Shift Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – Basic interview skills are needed.

Interview Question – Are you able to work weekends, nights, and mornings. Don't plan to have a set schedule.   Answer Question

Manhattan, KS

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – Typical interview process. Turn in an application, and hope to get an interview. Most quick service restaurants (in my experience) look for availability as a filter. Make sure you have an availability on your application that meets what the job is looking for, but be honest so as not to lead on the interviewer. Do not call to check on applications during busy times (lunch rush between 11am and 1:30 pm, dinner rush between 5:30 and 7:30pm) as most times the hiring manager will put your application in the no pile. Get the application and turn it in in person. Don't use the drive through, and don't have your friend turn it in. If you have a basic ability to follow instructions, any experience,act professionally and have sidestepped most of these pitfalls I mentioned above, you are likely to get an interview, which is a basic "tell me about yourself, a time you did something good/bad and how you fixed it/what did you learn" interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a mistake you made on the job   Answer Question

Lexington, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in May 2012.

Interview Details – Short . They are in need of help all the time . Dont be scared if you get a interview then you got the job .

Negotiation Details – None

Tampa, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2010.

Interview Details – Well there is about two interviews that you have to go through. One with the store manager and the other with the area manager. Both interviews are very smoothly. Try to maintain eye contact and show them that you mean business. Granted this may be a restaurant; however, business is a whole different ball game, they are serious about their money.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out over every other applicant?   View Answer

Smyrna, TN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in May 2008.

Interview Details – I was invited to an open house where I was interviewed by the Region and Area Coaches, who both seemed impressed. The open house was well planned and executed, I think when it comes to human resources the senior management has it down.

Interview Question – On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being not very quick at all and 10 being very very quick), if I threw you into the back of a restaurant and said manage it, how quickly would you pick up the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually did not need to negotiate, the pay they offered was well above average for their company and for me having no previous management experience.

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!