Taco Bell Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

1.8

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview

When I received a call for an interview, it was set two days later. I was asked about my age, work history, if I am in school, any plan to go to college, availability, and if I have reliable transportation. I felt confident that I'll get the job after leaving my interview. I didn't hear back after 4 days and called for a follow-up which I learned that I got the job. I think my interview lasted for around 15-20 minutes. It took 3 weeks from when I was interviewed to when I started my first day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is your strongest strength? Tell me about a time when someone was rude to you. What was their reaction to your reponse? Tell me about a time when you didn't get along with someone.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Taco Bell

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taco Bell (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online asked to come in and answer some basic questions about myself and customer scanerios. It lasted about 15 minutes and was pretty easy. I got called today for a 2nd inteeview, hopefully I get it. Overall it was pretty laid back, an average interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Murrieta, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

A woman sat me down at one of the dining tables and asked me simple questions based off of my resume and simple questions like do you have reliable transportation and what is your availability. It took about 5 minutes.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview

I originally applied online, but then I came to their job fair and filled out an application before the interview. I was dressed well but I wasn't prepared to answer some questions (I didn't know anythign about Taco Bell, big mistake). There was the hiring manager and the regional manager at the interview. They wished me good luck on my job hunt and I didn't get a call back.

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Gresham, OR) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied 3 days ago after seeing an ad freshly posted on Craigslist. A day ago I got a call to come in for an interview. Missed the initial call and called back around 15 minutes later and scheduled an interview for earlier tonight (2/28/2015). Walked there, was scheduled for 7:45 pm and I got there around 7:30 and the manager wasn't busy so we started early, I was done and walking home by 7:55. She had a chunk of resumes she came out and looked through with me to find mine and it wasn't there so she just asked for the resume I brought. I brought with me a folder with my resume and my little notepad I write my interview notes in. We sat down at a nearby table and she started by looking at my resume and saying "So tell me about yourself." Typical stuff, explained I graduated recently, went to school nearby, great with people, looking for a career, planning on going back to college, etc. She asked a couple more questions as she looked over my resume like what happened with my last job, etc. After that she brought out a set of cards. This was the part I dreaded as I had read people both had these cards and didn't and it makes it a bit more complicated. She had me pick cards, she read them and it was typical things like dealing with customers, stressful situations, etc. Pretty sure they had keywords or answers of some sort on them as well since she was reading it as I was talking. Afterward she asked about my availability and transportation, explained I'm completely available and a 30 minute walk away. After that she said I did a really great job at the interview. She basically had no reason not to hire me right there so I was hired on the spot. The moral of this story is, do your research. I spent a couple hours reading interview reviews on here and writing down and answering the questions people were asked on my notepad. I wasn't asked the strengths and weaknesses question but it's important to be prepared for all the primary questions like that. The questions people are asked on here are typically company questions that all Taco Bells will have, like the cards I had to answer. I also memorized who the founder was, when it was founded, who the franchise company is, what their key to success is (C.H.A.M.P.S), and who the CEO is. Ultimately I never talked about any of that but if it came up I was prepared. Also could have brought it up for more success but didn't need to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What happened with your last job?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an angry customer and how would you advise someone else to do so?   1 Answer
    • Do you do any extra activities like church or sports?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you really want to stop working, stressed, etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Ashland, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied, then the next day I received a call, but didn't get to it in time. I called later that day and we set up an interview. My interview was really early, but I had no problem waking up early since I'm still in school. My interview today (3/7/15) went great!! He asked me questions, but none that were hard. Just smile and be friendly, conversate occasionally and you got the job. He really only asked me one question, the rest of the interview was merely conversation and making sure I know everything. This is my first job and I cannot wait to start working next week!!!

Interview Questions

• Why this location and not a location closer to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in store December 2014 and got a call back in February 25 2015 Got interviewed basic questions , how many hours can you work , are you responsible , where do you go to school etc and they they called me that afternoon to tell me I got the job ,had orientation salary ,hours and signing a lot of papers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate first job , minimum wage and would increase after 1 month

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taco Bell in December 2014.

Interview

I arrived at the store, which had not opened to the public yet. This was after I turned in my resume and got a call to come in at 9:00. One other person was applying to the job. I filled out the application, which included past work experience and references. I then answered some simple questions with the manager. She wanted to know how I would fit in at the Taco Bell.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Taco Bell (Mesa, AZ) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for several of the areas stores online and got a call from the Assistant Manager of one about a week later. He said he noticed that I had been applying, and informed me of the open interviews they were having later that day. I attended the interview, was one of the few they had that day. The interview was comfortable, they even offered me a drink before we sat down. It was the General Manager and Assistant General Manager, and one other person that I was interviewed by. The interview went very well and they told me they would contact me with the outcome. I got a (sort of vague) call later that same night, that basically meant I was hired. I went in the next day to verify employment, and then I just had to wait for them to get my uniforms.

Interview Questions

• They asked about how I responded to other situations in my life that could apply to possible work scenarios.   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward I gave the hiring manager my application the next day I recieved it and she told me my interview was on Friday so I came in the store on Friday as instructed and I when I entered the store there were many other people in there waiting to get interviews and when the hiring manager got to me she asked me one question she asked me " what are your strengths and weaknesses " I told her and we started having a conversation and got the Job.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses   1 Answer