Taco Bell

Average Difficulty
31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Citrus Heights, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2014.

Interview Details – Walked in and asked the Assistant Manager about their hiring situation. She immediately asked me my availability, and how old I was; 16. She told me to bring a blank work permit application, and Social Security information the following week and she would love to interview me. I get that stuff together and walk in the next week and ask for 'Nancy' and she recognized me and gave me an application. I sat down and filled it out and when I was almost finished, she started talking to me. Just casual conversation. She then stated that she would love to hire me, but that I needed to come back the next day and speak with the General Manager. I thank her and come back the next day. I tell the cashier that I have an interview with the general manager. She comes over and gives me a free drink and tells me to sit. So I do and I waited for about 25 minutes until a different Assistant Manager introduces himself to me. He acts as if the General Manager is going to come and take over but just keeps talking. He asks me questions that are what appeared to be disguised as small talk, but I realized he was trying to see if I would be a good fit. Turned out that he was actually the one interviewing me. He only asked two questions and then excused himself to go and see if the General Manager wanted to speak with me also. He came back without her, and said that they had a spot for me if I wanted it, which I gladly accepted. He gave me a coupon for shoes and asked for my shirt and pants size. He then said that as soon as they arrived he would call me and discuss orientation. I thanked him, and went on my way. As far as advice, I'd say smile a lot. He really liked that and so did the other Assistant Manager. They want to see that you are happy and will do the same for customers to make them feel good.

Interview Questions

• Why Do You Want To Work Here?   View Answer
  • Discuss a time in your personal, work, or school life where you had to overcome an obstacle that was really hard, but in the end you overcame it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As far as pay, he told me I'd be getting paid $8.00 and that it would soon raise to $9.00 in July.

Huntsville, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and called and asked if they were hiring.
Call and ask for the manager, the crew members will waste your time.
It would help to know someone that works there.

Interview Question – What would you do if you worked with a co worker you didnt like?
Do yo like working with older people?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – What hours can I work.
Didn't negotiate pay.

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Taco Bell in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was really simple. The manager just asked me things like what my best qualities are, why I wanted to work there, the longest I've ever worked at one place, and what shifts I was available. It felt very relaxed and comfortable and only took maybe 15 minutes. Probably one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Question – The only thing they asked that kind of threw me off was what I thought teamwork meant, specifically in a job at taco bell. I said something about it being important to have a positive attitude, but I guess the "correct" answer is "working together to achieve a common goal."   Answer Question

Winchester, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in almost a month after filling out the application. I had a total of two interviews, one with the assistant manager and then another several days later with the general manager. The interview was pretty straightforward and highly regulated. Corporate supplies question cards and the interviewer just flips through. I ended up getting hired because I'm capable, and moreover because they thought I was a nice guy.

Interview Question – Don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "We pretty much pay minimum wage." "Alright."

San Leandro, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in January 2009.

Interview Details – They ask basic questions. Who is the most important person in Taco Bell? Why is it important to always smile.

Davie, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had a job interview at Taco Bell/KFC. I applied online and I got a response back like two weeks later. I went in for my interview and they talked about the position more than anything. They talked about how I had to do more than make food like cleaning. After discussing everything about the job, the manager said I got the job and that she will call me for training since I didn't have any experience. Long story short... she never called me back.

Interview Question – they were all easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation.

Delran, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2009.

Interview Details – Even though it was four years ago, I remember the process quite well. After giving my application, I was called back a week later with a date for the interview. Casual clothes, sitting in the lobby of the store. It was a 1:1 interview with the manager, asking about my personality and such. After that, a group of newly hired employees and myself watched a video and answered a verbal questionnaire.

Interview Question – There were no surprising or unexpected questions. As long as you keep in mind that working at Taco Bell requires a good personality, a great smile, and easy listening skills.   Answer Question

Tracy, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, no call for a week so I walked in well dressed for a follow up, was told to fill out an application in person. Did that then I kept following up about 2 more times then I was given an Interview and hired on the spot!

Interview Question – What are your plans for the future?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Gainesville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in July 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in and told the cashier that I was here for an interview. He handed me a cup and said I could go get a soda while I waited. I got my drink and sat down. I looked around and saw the interviewer interviewing someone and I could hear everything. I also saw 3 other people waiting to be interviewed, all listening to the interview. It was unprofessional. Next was me and everyone listened as I was interviewed. The District Manager basically told me about all there policies and what they do to be unique. She asked me two questions. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? and What do you hope to gain from working here? I was hired on the spot.
Honestly she was very friendly and it was like talking with a friend. Make sure you smile because they want a friendly person.

Interview Question – What do you hope to gain from working here?   Answer Question

Team Member

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – applied online and got a call that same evening to schedule an interview of the very next day and was hired on the spot

Interview Question – there was none. he basically told me about the job and what would be doing. only thing he asked me was my age   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was non $8.50 an hour

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!