Taco Bell Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.7

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell.

It was pretty straight forward I gave the hiring manager my application the next day I recieved it and she told me my interview was on Friday so I came in the store on Friday as instructed and I when I entered the store there were many other people in there waiting to get interviews and when the hiring manager got to me she asked me one question she asked me " what are your strengths and weaknesses " I told her and we started having a conversation and got the Job.

Other Interview Reviews for Taco Bell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell in July 2014.

Turned in paper app. couple of weeks later called in to check in on it. got an interview. very easy interview. was only ask about availability. it's irritating applying for places and having them not know whether they are hiring or not.

Interview Questions
    • Not really an interview was just asked about my availability. Are you social able?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in June 2014.

Walked in and asked the Assistant Manager about their hiring situation. She immediately asked me my availability, and how old I was; 16. She told me to bring a blank work permit application, and Social Security information the following week and she would love to interview me. I get that stuff together and walk in the next week and ask for 'Nancy' and she recognized me and gave me an application. I sat down and filled it out and when I was almost finished, she started talking to me. Just casual conversation. She then stated that she would love to hire me, but that I needed to come back the next day and speak with the General Manager. I thank her and come back the next day. I tell the cashier that I have an interview with the general manager. She comes over and gives me a free drink and tells me to sit. So I do and I waited for about 25 minutes until a different Assistant Manager introduces himself to me. He acts as if the General Manager is going to come and take over but just keeps talking. He asks me questions that are what appeared to be disguised as small talk, but I realized he was trying to see if I would be a good fit. Turned out that he was actually the one interviewing me. He only asked two questions and then excused himself to go and see if the General Manager wanted to speak with me also. He came back without her, and said that they had a spot for me if I wanted it, which I gladly accepted. He gave me a coupon for shoes and asked for my shirt and pants size. He then said that as soon as they arrived he would call me and discuss orientation. I thanked him, and went on my way. As far as advice, I'd say smile a lot. He really liked that and so did the other Assistant Manager. They want to see that you are happy and will do the same for customers to make them feel good.

Interview Questions
    • Why Do You Want To Work Here?   View Answer
    • Discuss a time in your personal, work, or school life where you had to overcome an obstacle that was really hard, but in the end you overcame it.   View Answer
    As far as pay, he told me I'd be getting paid $8.00 and that it would soon raise to $9.00 in July.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Taco Bell in April 2014.

The interview was really simple. The manager just asked me things like what my best qualities are, why I wanted to work there, the longest I've ever worked at one place, and what shifts I was available. It felt very relaxed and comfortable and only took maybe 15 minutes. Probably one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing they asked that kind of threw me off was what I thought teamwork meant, specifically in a job at taco bell. I said something about it being important to have a positive attitude, but I guess the "correct" answer is "working together to achieve a common goal."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in April 2014.

I applied online, and called and asked if they were hiring.
    Call and ask for the manager, the crew members will waste your time.
    It would help to know someone that works there.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you worked with a co worker you didnt like?
      Do yo like working with older people?
        View Answer
    What hours can I work.
    Didn't negotiate pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tracy, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in August 2013.

Applied online, no call for a week so I walked in well dressed for a follow up, was told to fill out an application in person. Did that then I kept following up about 2 more times then I was given an Interview and hired on the spot!

No negotiation

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell.

applied online and got a call that same evening to schedule an interview of the very next day and was hired on the spot

Interview Questions
    • there was none. he basically told me about the job and what would be doing. only thing he asked me was my age   Answer Question
    there was non $8.50 an hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in July 2013.

I walked in and told the cashier that I was here for an interview. He handed me a cup and said I could go get a soda while I waited. I got my drink and sat down. I looked around and saw the interviewer interviewing someone and I could hear everything. I also saw 3 other people waiting to be interviewed, all listening to the interview. It was unprofessional. Next was me and everyone listened as I was interviewed. The District Manager basically told me about all there policies and what they do to be unique. She asked me two questions. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? and What do you hope to gain from working here? I was hired on the spot.
    Honestly she was very friendly and it was like talking with a friend. Make sure you smile because they want a friendly person.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in June 2013.

I applied online and got a phone call for an interview a few days later. Asked very basic questions like when are you available to work and if I was still in school. The manager made a couple of calls and told me to go to another interview at a different location because they needed team members. I went the next day and the manager of the store greeted me and we sat down and she just asked when could I start and told me how much I would be getting paid and I pretty much was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacifica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pacifica, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in May 2013.

I applied online and received a call a couple weeks later telling me I had an interview tomorrow. I arrived about 10 minutes early. The manager came over and interviewed me at one of the tables. He asked me some simple questions about my experience, my availability, how I would get there, what tasks I'd be willing to do, how friendly I am, etc. He then brought over a written application which I filled out and returned to him. He told me to get some non-slip shoes and call him in a few days to see when I could start.