Taco Bell Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 7, 2015
Updated Mar 7, 2015

1.7

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Taco Bell.

I originally applied online, but then I came to their job fair and filled out an application before the interview. I was dressed well but I wasn't prepared to answer some questions (I didn't know anythign about Taco Bell, big mistake). There was the hiring manager and the regional manager at the interview. They wished me good luck on my job hunt and I didn't get a call back.

Other Interview Reviews for Taco Bell

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in March 2015.

I applied, then the next day I received a call, but didn't get to it in time. I called later that day and we set up an interview. My interview was really early, but I had no problem waking up early since I'm still in school. My interview today (3/7/15) went great!! He asked me questions, but none that were hard. Just smile and be friendly, conversate occasionally and you got the job. He really only asked me one question, the rest of the interview was merely conversation and making sure I know everything. This is my first job and I cannot wait to start working next week!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why this location and not a location closer to you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gresham, OR

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Taco Bell in February 2015.

I applied 3 days ago after seeing an ad freshly posted on Craigslist. A day ago I got a call to come in for an interview. Missed the initial call and called back around 15 minutes later and scheduled an interview for earlier tonight (2/28/2015). Walked there, was scheduled for 7:45 pm and I got there around 7:30 and the manager wasn't busy so we started early, I was done and walking home by 7:55. She had a chunk of resumes she came out and looked through with me to find mine and it wasn't there so she just asked for the resume I brought.

I brought with me a folder with my resume and my little notepad I write my interview notes in. We sat down at a nearby table and she started by looking at my resume and saying "So tell me about yourself." Typical stuff, explained I graduated recently, went to school nearby, great with people, looking for a career, planning on going back to college, etc. She asked a couple more questions as she looked over my resume like what happened with my last job, etc. After that she brought out a set of cards. This was the part I dreaded as I had read people both had these cards and didn't and it makes it a bit more complicated.

She had me pick cards, she read them and it was typical things like dealing with customers, stressful situations, etc. Pretty sure they had keywords or answers of some sort on them as well since she was reading it as I was talking. Afterward she asked about my availability and transportation, explained I'm completely available and a 30 minute walk away. After that she said I did a really great job at the interview. She basically had no reason not to hire me right there so I was hired on the spot.

The moral of this story is, do your research. I spent a couple hours reading interview reviews on here and writing down and answering the questions people were asked on my notepad. I wasn't asked the strengths and weaknesses question but it's important to be prepared for all the primary questions like that. The questions people are asked on here are typically company questions that all Taco Bells will have, like the cards I had to answer. I also memorized who the founder was, when it was founded, who the franchise company is, what their key to success is (C.H.A.M.P.S), and who the CEO is. Ultimately I never talked about any of that but if it came up I was prepared. Also could have brought it up for more success but didn't need to.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What happened with your last job?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an angry customer and how would you advise someone else to do so?   View Answer
    • Do you do any extra activities like church or sports?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you really want to stop working, stressed, etc   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Taco Bell in February 2015.

I applied in store December 2014 and got a call back in February 25 2015
    Got interviewed basic questions , how many hours can you work , are you responsible , where do you go to school etc and they they called me that afternoon to tell me I got the job ,had orientation salary ,hours and signing a lot of papers

Nothing to negotiate first job , minimum wage and would increase after 1 month

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Taco Bell in December 2014.

I arrived at the store, which had not opened to the public yet. This was after I turned in my resume and got a call to come in at 9:00. One other person was applying to the job. I filled out the application, which included past work experience and references. I then answered some simple questions with the manager. She wanted to know how I would fit in at the Taco Bell.

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell.

It was pretty straight forward I gave the hiring manager my application the next day I recieved it and she told me my interview was on Friday so I came in the store on Friday as instructed and I when I entered the store there were many other people in there waiting to get interviews and when the hiring manager got to me she asked me one question she asked me " what are your strengths and weaknesses " I told her and we started having a conversation and got the Job.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Taco Bell in July 2014.

Turned in paper app. couple of weeks later called in to check in on it. got an interview. very easy interview. was only ask about availability. it's irritating applying for places and having them not know whether they are hiring or not.

Interview Questions
    • Not really an interview was just asked about my availability. Are you social able?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in June 2014.

Walked in and asked the Assistant Manager about their hiring situation. She immediately asked me my availability, and how old I was; 16. She told me to bring a blank work permit application, and Social Security information the following week and she would love to interview me. I get that stuff together and walk in the next week and ask for 'Nancy' and she recognized me and gave me an application. I sat down and filled it out and when I was almost finished, she started talking to me. Just casual conversation. She then stated that she would love to hire me, but that I needed to come back the next day and speak with the General Manager. I thank her and come back the next day. I tell the cashier that I have an interview with the general manager. She comes over and gives me a free drink and tells me to sit. So I do and I waited for about 25 minutes until a different Assistant Manager introduces himself to me. He acts as if the General Manager is going to come and take over but just keeps talking. He asks me questions that are what appeared to be disguised as small talk, but I realized he was trying to see if I would be a good fit. Turned out that he was actually the one interviewing me. He only asked two questions and then excused himself to go and see if the General Manager wanted to speak with me also. He came back without her, and said that they had a spot for me if I wanted it, which I gladly accepted. He gave me a coupon for shoes and asked for my shirt and pants size. He then said that as soon as they arrived he would call me and discuss orientation. I thanked him, and went on my way. As far as advice, I'd say smile a lot. He really liked that and so did the other Assistant Manager. They want to see that you are happy and will do the same for customers to make them feel good.

Interview Questions
    • Why Do You Want To Work Here?   View Answer
    • Discuss a time in your personal, work, or school life where you had to overcome an obstacle that was really hard, but in the end you overcame it.   View Answer
    As far as pay, he told me I'd be getting paid $8.00 and that it would soon raise to $9.00 in July.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Taco Bell in April 2014.

The interview was really simple. The manager just asked me things like what my best qualities are, why I wanted to work there, the longest I've ever worked at one place, and what shifts I was available. It felt very relaxed and comfortable and only took maybe 15 minutes. Probably one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing they asked that kind of threw me off was what I thought teamwork meant, specifically in a job at taco bell. I said something about it being important to have a positive attitude, but I guess the "correct" answer is "working together to achieve a common goal."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Taco Bell in April 2014.

I applied online, and called and asked if they were hiring.
    Call and ask for the manager, the crew members will waste your time.
    It would help to know someone that works there.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you worked with a co worker you didnt like?
      Do yo like working with older people?

View Answer