Taco Bell Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Sep 11, 2014

1.7

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2013.

I applied online and got a phone call for an interview a few days later. Asked very basic questions like when are you available to work and if I was still in school. The manager made a couple of calls and told me to go to another interview at a different location because they needed team members. I went the next day and the manager of the store greeted me and we sat down and she just asked when could I start and told me how much I would be getting paid and I pretty much was hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Taco Bell

Team Member Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell.

It was pretty straight forward I gave the hiring manager my application the next day I recieved it and she told me my interview was on Friday so I came in the store on Friday as instructed and I when I entered the store there were many other people in there waiting to get interviews and when the hiring manager got to me she asked me one question she asked me " what are your strengths and weaknesses " I told her and we started having a conversation and got the Job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in July 2014.

Turned in paper app. couple of weeks later called in to check in on it. got an interview. very easy interview. was only ask about availability. it's irritating applying for places and having them not know whether they are hiring or not.

Interview Questions
    • Not really an interview was just asked about my availability. Are you social able?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Citrus Heights, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Citrus Heights, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2014.

Walked in and asked the Assistant Manager about their hiring situation. She immediately asked me my availability, and how old I was; 16. She told me to bring a blank work permit application, and Social Security information the following week and she would love to interview me. I get that stuff together and walk in the next week and ask for 'Nancy' and she recognized me and gave me an application. I sat down and filled it out and when I was almost finished, she started talking to me. Just casual conversation. She then stated that she would love to hire me, but that I needed to come back the next day and speak with the General Manager. I thank her and come back the next day. I tell the cashier that I have an interview with the general manager. She comes over and gives me a free drink and tells me to sit. So I do and I waited for about 25 minutes until a different Assistant Manager introduces himself to me. He acts as if the General Manager is going to come and take over but just keeps talking. He asks me questions that are what appeared to be disguised as small talk, but I realized he was trying to see if I would be a good fit. Turned out that he was actually the one interviewing me. He only asked two questions and then excused himself to go and see if the General Manager wanted to speak with me also. He came back without her, and said that they had a spot for me if I wanted it, which I gladly accepted. He gave me a coupon for shoes and asked for my shirt and pants size. He then said that as soon as they arrived he would call me and discuss orientation. I thanked him, and went on my way. As far as advice, I'd say smile a lot. He really liked that and so did the other Assistant Manager. They want to see that you are happy and will do the same for customers to make them feel good.

Interview Questions
    • Why Do You Want To Work Here?   View Answer
    • Discuss a time in your personal, work, or school life where you had to overcome an obstacle that was really hard, but in the end you overcame it.   View Answer
    As far as pay, he told me I'd be getting paid $8.00 and that it would soon raise to $9.00 in July.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in April 2014.

I applied online, and called and asked if they were hiring.
    Call and ask for the manager, the crew members will waste your time.
    It would help to know someone that works there.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you worked with a co worker you didnt like?
      Do yo like working with older people?
        View Answer
    What hours can I work.
    Didn't negotiate pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Taco Bell in April 2014.

The interview was really simple. The manager just asked me things like what my best qualities are, why I wanted to work there, the longest I've ever worked at one place, and what shifts I was available. It felt very relaxed and comfortable and only took maybe 15 minutes. Probably one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions
    • The only thing they asked that kind of threw me off was what I thought teamwork meant, specifically in a job at taco bell. I said something about it being important to have a positive attitude, but I guess the "correct" answer is "working together to achieve a common goal."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winchester, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in July 2011.

I was called in almost a month after filling out the application. I had a total of two interviews, one with the assistant manager and then another several days later with the general manager. The interview was pretty straightforward and highly regulated. Corporate supplies question cards and the interviewer just flips through. I ended up getting hired because I'm capable, and moreover because they thought I was a nice guy.

Interview Questions
    "We pretty much pay minimum wage." "Alright."

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in January 2009.

They ask basic questions. Who is the most important person in Taco Bell? Why is it important to always smile.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Davie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davie, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in October 2011.

I had a job interview at Taco Bell/KFC. I applied online and I got a response back like two weeks later. I went in for my interview and they talked about the position more than anything. They talked about how I had to do more than make food like cleaning. After discussing everything about the job, the manager said I got the job and that she will call me for training since I didn't have any experience. Long story short... she never called me back.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Delran, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delran, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2009.

Even though it was four years ago, I remember the process quite well. After giving my application, I was called back a week later with a date for the interview. Casual clothes, sitting in the lobby of the store. It was a 1:1 interview with the manager, asking about my personality and such. After that, a group of newly hired employees and myself watched a video and answered a verbal questionnaire.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprising or unexpected questions. As long as you keep in mind that working at Taco Bell requires a good personality, a great smile, and easy listening skills.   Answer Question

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!