Taco Bell

Getting the Interview

29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Taco Bell in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was really simple. The manager just asked me things like what my best qualities are, why I wanted to work there, the longest I've ever worked at one place, and what shifts I was available. It felt very relaxed and comfortable and only took maybe 15 minutes. Probably one of the best interviews I've ever had.

Interview Question – The only thing they asked that kind of threw me off was what I thought teamwork meant, specifically in a job at taco bell. I said something about it being important to have a positive attitude, but I guess the "correct" answer is "working together to achieve a common goal."   Answer Question

Winchester, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in July 2011.

Interview Details – I was called in almost a month after filling out the application. I had a total of two interviews, one with the assistant manager and then another several days later with the general manager. The interview was pretty straightforward and highly regulated. Corporate supplies question cards and the interviewer just flips through. I ended up getting hired because I'm capable, and moreover because they thought I was a nice guy.

Interview Question – Don't remember.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "We pretty much pay minimum wage." "Alright."

San Leandro, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in January 2009.

Interview Details – They ask basic questions. Who is the most important person in Taco Bell? Why is it important to always smile.

Davie, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Taco Bell in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had a job interview at Taco Bell/KFC. I applied online and I got a response back like two weeks later. I went in for my interview and they talked about the position more than anything. They talked about how I had to do more than make food like cleaning. After discussing everything about the job, the manager said I got the job and that she will call me for training since I didn't have any experience. Long story short... she never called me back.

Interview Question – they were all easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation.

Delran, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Taco Bell in June 2009.

Interview Details – Even though it was four years ago, I remember the process quite well. After giving my application, I was called back a week later with a date for the interview. Casual clothes, sitting in the lobby of the store. It was a 1:1 interview with the manager, asking about my personality and such. After that, a group of newly hired employees and myself watched a video and answered a verbal questionnaire.

Interview Question – There were no surprising or unexpected questions. As long as you keep in mind that working at Taco Bell requires a good personality, a great smile, and easy listening skills.   Answer Question

Tracy, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, no call for a week so I walked in well dressed for a follow up, was told to fill out an application in person. Did that then I kept following up about 2 more times then I was given an Interview and hired on the spot!

Interview Question – What are your plans for the future?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Gainesville, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Taco Bell in July 2013.

Interview Details – I walked in and told the cashier that I was here for an interview. He handed me a cup and said I could go get a soda while I waited. I got my drink and sat down. I looked around and saw the interviewer interviewing someone and I could hear everything. I also saw 3 other people waiting to be interviewed, all listening to the interview. It was unprofessional. Next was me and everyone listened as I was interviewed. The District Manager basically told me about all there policies and what they do to be unique. She asked me two questions. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? and What do you hope to gain from working here? I was hired on the spot.
Honestly she was very friendly and it was like talking with a friend. Make sure you smile because they want a friendly person.

Interview Question – What do you hope to gain from working here?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Taco Bell.

Interview Details – applied online and got a call that same evening to schedule an interview of the very next day and was hired on the spot

Interview Question – there was none. he basically told me about the job and what would be doing. only thing he asked me was my age   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was non $8.50 an hour

Pacifica, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Taco Bell in May 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call a couple weeks later telling me I had an interview tomorrow. I arrived about 10 minutes early. The manager came over and interviewed me at one of the tables. He asked me some simple questions about my experience, my availability, how I would get there, what tasks I'd be willing to do, how friendly I am, etc. He then brought over a written application which I filled out and returned to him. He told me to get some non-slip shoes and call him in a few days to see when I could start.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Warren, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Taco Bell in November 2009.

Interview Details – I had 3 separate interviews because the manager was always so busy so I had to interview with the assistant manager first. The interview was easy. Just a few scenario case questions and that was pretty much it. I came back for orientation about 2 weeks later and then just had to wait for my uniforms to come in which took a little longer than expected due to bad weather.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Taco Bell

Worked for Taco Bell? Contribute to the Community!

Taco Bell Videos

Taco Bell – Why Work for Us?

Working at Taco Bell means loving the food, and joining a high-energy team that serves 3 million customers every day. Whether it's at headquarters or in the restaurant, everyone is passionate about delivering the best… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Taco Bell Team Member interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by Taco Bell employees and interview candidates.