Tag Worldwide Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

2.9

Corporate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Tag Worldwide.

Contact by a recruiter via LinkedIn. Entire process from start to finish took about two months. Interviewed with everyone from the Managing Director to the Global CEO. Very thorough process, a bit long, but I used this as a way to get different perspectives on the company and what my position would entail.

Director of Visual Arts Adaptation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tag Worldwide.

Way tedious considering the actual job tasks. Three interviews over a two-week period. First contacted by now non-existent recruiter, then a director, then a manager, and finally another director. Wholly unnecessary given the job requirements. Two interviewers were positive, with the final being standoffish and nervous, almost insecure. That was the only turn-off about the process.

Senior Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in August 2013.

Several short interviews, two over phone, one in person. Not really worth the number of interviews given the details of the job coupled with the experience after getting the job.

Interview Questions
    One round of back and forth before settling on one salary.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tag Worldwide.

Laid back and quick.

Quick and easy.

Flash Designer and Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in August 2009.

I had a one-to-one interview after applying on craigslist.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with AS2 and AS3? Can you pick other people's code and make it work?   Answer Question

Business Director - Sourcing Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in August 2014.

I attended a couple of interview over the last 3 weeks, after my recruiter put my CV forward in speculative manner to the HR manager, which had immediately been impressed with my CV and its pertinence.

During the first interview I met the MD of the division and a GAD. The interview was really thorough yet informal, I was made feel very at ease, and the feedback given to my rec agency a few hours later was extremely positive (and totally aligned with mine - I also felt it had gone really well and i had actually enjoyed it). The words "There is definitely a position here for this candidate" were mentioned to my recruiter in writing, together with other positive comments on my fit with the agency and my personality. At this stage, Tag wanted to put together a precise job description and see whether this was of interest to me - and take it from there.

A couple of weeks later I received the job description and it was exactly what I was hoping for.
    Together with the JD came the offer to meet with a Business Director and another GAD. This interview was less interesting than the previous one (=I had to repeat a lot of what I had already said in my first interview- career path overview, experience, examples etc - but nothing out of the ordinary or particularly challenging. I could also see that the BD was rather experienced, whether the GAD was in my opinion less striking/knowledgeable than the one that I had met during my first interview).
    Towards the end I was informed of the next steps - after internal alignment I would hear back with a potential proposal within 48 hrs. I had just stepped out of the building that my rec agent had already received a message from Tag's HR manager saying that both the BD and the GAD that I had met had informed her that the interview had gone really well. The HR manager did also mention the next steps in the process - exactly those told to me in the interview.

And here the plot thickens...

At the end of those 48 hrs my rec agent started chasing up an outcome with the HR manager, to no reply. 3 days later he received a call informing him that I would not receive an offer.

The reasons given were:
    a) I had no cultural fit with East Europe.
    Surprisingly, this was never a prerequisite or even mentioned neither as a must have nor as a nice to have in the job description - and during my second interview I had even explained my recent experience in successfully managing clients and delivery teams in that very market, and I had substantiated this with facts;
    b) not enough experience in implementing pieces of business.
    This has been my role focus for the last 5 years, during which I have actually successfully delivered significant programmes for major retailers and FMCGs and have handled multi-million budgets...

I struggle to find words to describe how puzzled I felt on hearing all of this...

The HR manager was embarrassed in delivering the news to my recruiter (they know each other well having worked together on several recruitment briefs); this latter (an extremely experienced professional) was at loss for words - as he knows me really well and could not understand and believe this outcome after I had sailed through 2 exhaustive interviews.

This experience has obviously left me with a rather bad taste in my mouth. I had started to believe that for once an agency was conducting a recruitment process in a fair and professional way. Obviously this was not the case with Tag on this very occasion.

Interview Questions
    • Not a particularly difficult one, but the GAD asked me how I would allocate budgets into "buckets" across markets.   Answer Question

Digital Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in September 2013.

Number of interview -2. The people are friendly and interesting. Initial communication was prompt and straight forward. Was interviewed by the Brand Guardian and Senior Project Manager. Then the 2nd interview was with the Account Director of the team.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked where I saw myself in a few years time. Wasn't sure how to answer that.   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward. I requested a desired salary and they accepted.

Senior ColdFusion Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in November 2011.

First, there was an interview with one of technical chiefs in the company, no technical questions, just background/personality types of questions. Then there was interview with the team of senior developers, with some technical questions. And finally in a separate interview with a practical test of architecting the full solution, which was incredibly interesting.

I've enjoyed everything about the company really - people were extremely smart, passionate and i really felt that i could learn something from them. They were asking intelligent questions, they gave excellent answers to my questions. I really-really enjoyed the interview process and was looking forward joining them really. They're nice guys, doing interesting work, enjoying it and it feels.

And i felt very bad not accepting the offer at the end just because so happened i've found another offer which an equally, if not a little bit more, interesting role.

Interview Questions
    • How would i architect big distributed system with given set of requirements.   Answer Question

I've found another offer which an equally, if not a little bit more, interesting role.

Agile Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in August 2011.

The position was originally recommended to me through a recruiter who was looking for a project management/business analyst role. All the initial conversations took place through the recruiter.

The interview process consisted of two interviews. The first was a panel interview with an existing product owner and the chief product owner/team leader. It consisted of a combination of a review of my CV, technical, experience based questions with a smattering of competency based questions. The second was a 1:1 with the director responsible for software development. The second interview consisted of a tour of the company, a short presentation on the company and then a Q&A session. In both interviews the atmosphere was informal and friendly.

The interviewers were all easy going, approachable and relaxed. They responded well to humour. Tag's office is a relaxed one, with a casual dress code and the working culture seemed to be very creative, innovative with a strong desire to always be pushing the envelope.

Interview Questions
    • How would you effectively prioritise your product backlog in order to meet a defined release date x sprints in the future?   View Answer
    I found the negotiation phase tough. While the offer was a rise in terms of take home pay, my previous employer had an exceptionally generous benefits and rewards package that Tag couldn't match.

However, I eventually managed to negotiate a guaranteed rise in writing into my offer following my probationary period.

As a general rule of thumb for any candidate looking to negotiate in any role, not just Tag, I would advise you to know where you're starting from before you even apply in terms of the value of your total package (take home pay + bonus + guaranteed raises + pension + benefits) and then add on an additional 10% of that total as a starting figure.

Worked for Tag Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!