Tag Worldwide

Very Easy Interview

Director of Visual Arts Adaptation Interview

Director of Visual Arts Adaptation
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tag Worldwide.

Interview Details – Way tedious considering the actual job tasks. Three interviews over a two-week period. First contacted by now non-existent recruiter, then a director, then a manager, and finally another director. Wholly unnecessary given the job requirements. Two interviewers were positive, with the final being standoffish and nervous, almost insecure. That was the only turn-off about the process.

Interview Question – Standard: 'what would you do if a project is late'   Answer Question

Senior Account Manager Interview

Senior Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in August 2013.

Interview Details – Several short interviews, two over phone, one in person. Not really worth the number of interviews given the details of the job coupled with the experience after getting the job.

Interview Question – Why do you want to join our team?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – One round of back and forth before settling on one salary.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Tag Worldwide.

Interview Details – Laid back and quick.

Interview Question – None to out of the normal realm of interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and easy.

Flash Designer and Developer Interview

Flash Designer and Developer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in August 2009.

Interview Details – I had a one-to-one interview after applying on craigslist.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable with AS2 and AS3? Can you pick other people's code and make it work?   Answer Question

Digital Project Manager Interview

Digital Project Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in September 2013.

Interview Details – Number of interview -2. The people are friendly and interesting. Initial communication was prompt and straight forward. Was interviewed by the Brand Guardian and Senior Project Manager. Then the 2nd interview was with the Account Director of the team.

Interview Question – I was asked where I saw myself in a few years time. Wasn't sure how to answer that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward. I requested a desired salary and they accepted.

Senior ColdFusion Developer Interview

Senior ColdFusion Developer
London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in November 2011.

Interview Details – First, there was an interview with one of technical chiefs in the company, no technical questions, just background/personality types of questions. Then there was interview with the team of senior developers, with some technical questions. And finally in a separate interview with a practical test of architecting the full solution, which was incredibly interesting.

I've enjoyed everything about the company really - people were extremely smart, passionate and i really felt that i could learn something from them. They were asking intelligent questions, they gave excellent answers to my questions. I really-really enjoyed the interview process and was looking forward joining them really. They're nice guys, doing interesting work, enjoying it and it feels.

And i felt very bad not accepting the offer at the end just because so happened i've found another offer which an equally, if not a little bit more, interesting role.

Interview Question – How would i architect big distributed system with given set of requirements.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I've found another offer which an equally, if not a little bit more, interesting role.

Agile Product Owner Interview

Agile Product Owner
London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tag Worldwide in August 2011.

Interview Details – The position was originally recommended to me through a recruiter who was looking for a project management/business analyst role. All the initial conversations took place through the recruiter.

The interview process consisted of two interviews. The first was a panel interview with an existing product owner and the chief product owner/team leader. It consisted of a combination of a review of my CV, technical, experience based questions with a smattering of competency based questions. The second was a 1:1 with the director responsible for software development. The second interview consisted of a tour of the company, a short presentation on the company and then a Q&A session. In both interviews the atmosphere was informal and friendly.

The interviewers were all easy going, approachable and relaxed. They responded well to humour. Tag's office is a relaxed one, with a casual dress code and the working culture seemed to be very creative, innovative with a strong desire to always be pushing the envelope.

Interview Question – How would you effectively prioritise your product backlog in order to meet a defined release date x sprints in the future?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I found the negotiation phase tough. While the offer was a rise in terms of take home pay, my previous employer had an exceptionally generous benefits and rewards package that Tag couldn't match.

However, I eventually managed to negotiate a guaranteed rise in writing into my offer following my probationary period.

As a general rule of thumb for any candidate looking to negotiate in any role, not just Tag, I would advise you to know where you're starting from before you even apply in terms of the value of your total package (take home pay + bonus + guaranteed raises + pension + benefits) and then add on an additional 10% of that total as a starting figure.

Worked for Tag Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!