Taiyo Yuden Interview Questions

3.5

Logistics/Supply Chain Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Solana Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solana Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Taiyo Yuden in July 2014.

Tough and humbling lesson learned.

I am a recent graduate who has only had about three interviews before this one of which the companies originated from American/Westernized countries.

Previous interviews were typical, consisting of behavioral, personality, and related questions that help the employer really get to know you.

Overall, I did not even get to the interview questions.

When I was emailing with the interviewer, I already sensed signs that it would have been intense and one would really have to be professional and knowledgeable to get further in this process.

The interviewer expected me to know the job description inside out as an expert.

I did not end up getting to the questions as a result, and I did not expect this, but it's a good reminder that you must be extremely prepared if you want to get a job, especially in this tough economy.

Take good notes on the description, know about the company from your research, etc.

One must know that Taiyo Yuden is a very reputable company, since they are basically JVC, the old VHS, CD, DVD maker who also makes other electronic components.

Also, Japanese working culture, values, and ideals are very professional and intense. The culture is very results driven and one must be very professional, knowledgeable, and prepared to really be able to succeed in a Japanese company.

Just be very prepared overall for any interview!

Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Taiyo Yuden in August 2014.

There will be a 20 minute personalities test and 80 minutes engineering test. Personalities test just like the IQ test type and engineering test will divide to 4 part, that is mechanical, electrical, electronic and chemical. Overall difficulties is moderate. After that, when face to face interview, there will be 6 people waiting for you at interview room, and asking questions one by one.

Interview Questions
    • what you think you can contribute to the company and why we need hire you. which department you like join the most?   Answer Question

Strictly culture and environment. And have another better job offer.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Taiyo Yuden in December 2012.

On 12/17/2012, I met with three managers who manages the San Jose Branch. The managers were not prepared and disorganized on questions they presented to me. I had a hard time answering the questions and couldn't comply to what they were saying. I think there is a cultural differences that they couldn't understand to manage business strategy. Business strategy doesn't work with just having a team. It comes from creative talents and skills that promotes business ethics and establishment for the company. This is important if they want to manage good marketing with the US customers.

Interview Questions
    • What are three major words are important to develop sales?   View Answer

Because I didn't see future opportunity working with Taiyo Yuden.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)

I applied online - interviewed at Taiyo Yuden in September 2012.

Tell me about your most frustrating experience as a production operator.

Answer: I am a hard working operator, always follow the working standard or manufacturing standard in companies, no absent or any bad record. And most specially, a responsible operator.

Interview Questions

Worked for Taiyo Yuden? Contribute to the Community!