Taiyo Yuden

Relevance Date Difficulty

Logistics/Supply Chain Coordinator Interview

Logistics/Supply Chain Coordinator
Solana Beach, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Taiyo Yuden in July 2014.

Interview Details – Tough and humbling lesson learned.

I am a recent graduate who has only had about three interviews before this one of which the companies originated from American/Westernized countries.

Previous interviews were typical, consisting of behavioral, personality, and related questions that help the employer really get to know you.

Overall, I did not even get to the interview questions.

When I was emailing with the interviewer, I already sensed signs that it would have been intense and one would really have to be professional and knowledgeable to get further in this process.

The interviewer expected me to know the job description inside out as an expert.

I did not end up getting to the questions as a result, and I did not expect this, but it's a good reminder that you must be extremely prepared if you want to get a job, especially in this tough economy.

Take good notes on the description, know about the company from your research, etc.

One must know that Taiyo Yuden is a very reputable company, since they are basically JVC, the old VHS, CD, DVD maker who also makes other electronic components.

Also, Japanese working culture, values, and ideals are very professional and intense. The culture is very results driven and one must be very professional, knowledgeable, and prepared to really be able to succeed in a Japanese company.

Just be very prepared overall for any interview!

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Taiyo Yuden in December 2012.

Interview Details – On 12/17/2012, I met with three managers who manages the San Jose Branch. The managers were not prepared and disorganized on questions they presented to me. I had a hard time answering the questions and couldn't comply to what they were saying. I think there is a cultural differences that they couldn't understand to manage business strategy. Business strategy doesn't work with just having a team. It comes from creative talents and skills that promotes business ethics and establishment for the company. This is important if they want to manage good marketing with the US customers.

Interview Question – What are three major words are important to develop sales?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because I didn't see future opportunity working with Taiyo Yuden.

Production Operator Interview

Production Operator
Lapu-Lapu City (Philippines)

I applied online - interviewed at Taiyo Yuden in September 2012.

Interview Details – Tell me about your most frustrating experience as a production operator.

Answer: I am a hard working operator, always follow the working standard or manufacturing standard in companies, no absent or any bad record. And most specially, a responsible operator.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   View Answer

Worked for Taiyo Yuden? Contribute to the Community!