Takata

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Takata in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is extremely easy if you have a reference. I had a phone conversation with the hiring manager for about 10 minutes. We scheduled an interview at Takata which took maybe 45 minutes tops. I spoke with Human Resources for 20 minutes and Engineering Management for 25 minutes and that was it. I received a call two days later with a job offer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was "what was the most hardship you've encountered and how did you overcome it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – On the application they had a field for "expected pay" and I filled it out and they gave me that pay. I could have probably asked for more.

Engineer Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takata in January 2013.

Interview Details – 2 separate interviews. other engineers, then engineering manager and director. HR very involved.

Interview Question – What makes you want to come back to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – offer letter. negotiated more vacation.

Manager Interview

Carolina, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Takata in September 2012.

Interview Details – How're you gonna make us some money? (southern accent)

Product Engineer Interview

Product Engineer
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Takata in January 2011.

Interview Details – The Takata interview process is not too bad, but different. After the initial call from HR you are brought into an onsite interview. You first interview with HR, but in a more detailed way then other places. It's like they are you hiring manager. After that you interview with a manager and maybe a lead. Sometimes they will bring in a director also.

Interview Question – Do you like doing paperwork?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate and settled for an offer that was level with the job I had been laid off from. They said they have not given raises in 3 years and I would be paid unfairly if they gave me more.

Very Difficult Interview

Engineer Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Takata in December 2010.

Interview Details – Had three interviews with the hiring manager, director and an employee after got a call from HR.
The HR told me the manager was very impressed with me but they were concerned about my expectation. I contacted the manager to inform that I was flexible. Waited another week or so without getting any feed back. I e-mailed the HR to get no response, e-mailed twice to the manager to get no reply. I think they are lack of professionalism and even rude. It would not cost for them to say no cost me!

Inern Interview

Auburn Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Takata in September 2007.

Interview Details – Pretty rough interview process for an intern. Did a phone screen, came in for an on site interview, then about a month later came back in for another on site interview where they asked me what I would like my schedule to be, etc. leading me to believe I had the job. 1 week later called back to follow up and got transfered around from person to person to person just to tell me that I was great and all but....

Interview Question – What is your golfing average?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Takata.

Interview Details – I got a phone interview. They asked where I get the job info first then asked every detail on my resume. They cared the projects and jobs I have done most. I thought this might be a easy first phone interview, but they asked everyting I have done about those projects.

Interview Question – I need to explain my projects well, including the algorithms.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

Interviewed at Takata

Interview Details – Applied online and came in for an interview. Asked for my experiences and abilities as a program manager.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate a bunch on Vacation, not so much on salary

Operator Interview

Operator
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Takata in August 2010.

Interview Details – normally with face to to face interview.

Interview Question – why did u leave Ur previous company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – yes able to negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Takata? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Takata interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Takata employees and interview candidates.